2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Well that sums it up nicely and demonstrates really well how many of the popular brands come out of just a few manufacturers.

In case the link is wonky for anyone...

image.png

Thanks, I sent it from my phone and couldn't do much with it.

I see my trailer mfg at the bottom, nuCamp.

And for anyone interested the giant RV show is thru Sunday in Tampa.

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Prevost isn't listed either so they must have it classified with them....

Who makes Prevost motorhomes?
Volvo

Prevost Car. Prévost (pronounced pray-voh) is a Quebec, Canada-based manufacturer of touring coaches and bus shells for high-end motorhomes and specialty conversions. The company is a subsidiary of Volvo.
On 1/23/2020 at 12:38 PM, Robin said:

We are campers have tented it and for the past few years have a pop up. We really want a travel trailer.

Any companies better or worse than the others?

I'm partial, but nuCamp is one of the best in the small camper market (T@B 320, T@B 400, T@G, Cirrus Truck Camper). They have recently come out with a larger travel trailer called the Avia that is fabulous, but very pricey. All cabinetry built onsite by hand, and fabulous fit and finish. Amish run company.

The current Little Guy brand is crap and has had some bad business practices.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, Robin said:

We are campers have tented it and for the past few years have a pop up. We really want a travel trailer.

Any companies better or worse than the others?

Winnebago is generally rated well. We have a Micro Minnie and the interior and exterior finish was much better than other trailers in its class however it has a higher price point. While we learned a lot from it I would not go with a Palomino PaloMini or its sister line the Real-Lite Mini. It is an entry level trailer and is priced accordingly but it aged quickly due to cheaper construction to keep the low price. While it wasn't falling apart when we traded it in it required a lot of maintenance due to cheap components to keep it rolling and leak free.  

Other than some of the really high end trailers I think the general quality and number of problems is similar from one manufacturer to another. While there many RV brands the number of manufacturers isn't that large nor is the number of companies that make all of the parts. What to purchase mostly boils down to what floor plan and features meet your needs. I think the more important part of buying an RV is the quality of the dealer after sale support. Many have lousy service departments or won't go to bat for you when dealing with warranty concerns. 

My recommendation would be to look for a couple of floor plans you like then look for a highly rated dealer that sells the brand in your area. This way you won't have to deal with the frustrations of poor service on the inevitable repairs.  

On 1/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, keith_h said:

My recommendation would be to look for a couple of floor plans you like then look for a highly rated dealer that sells the brand in your area. This way you won't have to deal with the frustrations of poor service on the inevitable repairs.  

That's the tricky part around here as we don't have as many big RV dealers as other parts of the country. When we bought our Open Range (shortly after they first came out) there was only one dealer in this part of the country that even carried them.

The closest dealer to us that had our current TT was almost 4 hours away, the next closest was over 10.  We went with the closer one, and while we were very impressed with their service department, I'd be really leery of working with their sales dept again. 

If we need warranty service in the future, they do have a slightly closer dealer, but we have no idea how good their service dept will be to deal with.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

If we need warranty service in the future, they do have a slightly closer dealer, but we have no idea how good their service dept will be to deal with.

Problem many are running into is, "Did you buy it here"?  If the answer is no they won't do warranty or you wait until all the units they sold are completed. The RV industry doesn't franchise like the auto industry, all dealers are independent since they sell multiple brands. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Problem many are running into is, "Did you buy it here"?  If the answer is no they won't do warranty or you wait until all the units they sold are completed. The RV industry doesn't franchise like the auto industry, all dealers are independent since they sell multiple brands. 

Yeah, exactly.  The closer dealer is owned by the same company as the one we bought from, but somehow I don't expect that's going to do us a a heckuva lot of good if/when the time comes.  Let's hope we get as lucky as we did with our last TT.  We owned our Open Range for 7 years and the only time we had to bring it back to the dealer was when a storm took out our awning and it needed to be replaced.

I know mileage may vary but we had success getting our previous trailer's warranty work handled locally by using a dealer that sold trailers by the same manufacturer but not the same line. This way it wasn't like we went to the direct competition. We also had the manufacturer grease things a bit by contacting the dealer after I did to also talk about doing the warranty work. 

Don't forget some manufactures will approve the use of a mobile tech and sometimes they might even recommend one, now you might have to pay for the service call but depending where and how far away you bought it might end up cheaper then dragging it back.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Travisma said:
Who makes Prevost motorhomes?
Volvo

Prevost Car. Prévost (pronounced pray-voh) is a Quebec, Canada-based manufacturer of touring coaches and bus shells for high-end motorhomes and specialty conversions. The company is a subsidiary of Volvo.

Prevost doesn't make motorhmes, they make the chassis.  It's like my Newmar is built on a Freightliner chasis.

Prevost delivers the chassis to small independent coach manufacturers like Millenium,  In this class you are generally looking at a cool million and up.

https://millenniumluxurycoaches.com/