Great find!  Thanks for sharing. I would have been fine with about 15 minutes less of the boat ride, but the rest of the video is great. It shows the Meadow Recreation Area before the pool and tennis courts. The Meadow Trading Post and Bike Barn look the same. I love how thick the natural forest is in the footage of the 1600 loop. The train tracks, trestles, and signage are all still in place. It’s weird to see the trams being used for internal transportation. I miss the good old days. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You have to admire the videographer’s dedication. He didn’t even stop recording when they got stuck in the canal and his passenger almost fell off. 

TCD

Especially when you figure that in 1984 we're not likely talking about some little palm-sized video cam.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

Except when it's in the 90's for both temperature and humidity.

Or when it's in the 30°s some nights in the winter.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Those old style ones without the safety doors sure made loading/unloading a lot quicker that the buses and the new parking lot trams.

Very true. I'm assuming knuckleheads trying to get on/off while the trams were still moving necessitated putting those annoying doors on.

19 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Or when it's in the 30°s some nights in the winter.

Very true. I'm assuming knuckleheads trying to get on/off while the trams were still moving necessitated putting those annoying doors on.

There have always been rule breakers and idiots that ruin it for everyone else. 

But I think it has become more prevalent with the last couple of 'me" generations where the world revolves around each individual and everyone gets a trophy!

That and the proliferation of lawyers and those obnoxious Roz commercials!  :lol:

49 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I forgot to comment on how surprised I was to see that banner plane pulling the Rosie O’Grady’s/Church Street Station banner when the boat was in the canal.  That’s a blast from the past!  Disney must have found a way to ban the banner planes- I haven’t seen one in years. 

TCD

I remember seeing that same banner on our very first trip in 1994. Can't remember the last time I saw one.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I forgot to comment on how surprised I was to see that banner plane pulling the Rosie O’Grady’s/Church Street Station banner when the boat was in the canal.  That’s a blast from the past!  Disney must have found a way to ban the banner planes- I haven’t seen one in years. 

TCD

Didn't 9/11 and air space resttictions create more stringent rules regarding such fly overs?

On 2/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Didn't 9/11 and air space resttictions create more stringent rules regarding such fly overs?

13 hours ago, djsamuel said:

You are correct.  The rules changed after that.

I agree- but there were still some banner planes even after that. I recall just a few years back that there was a controversy over an organization that hired a banner plane to fly over WDW to protest Gay Days. I remember seeing that plane flying over Hollywood Studios. But since then, I haven’t seen one. I think there might have been even stricter rules implemented more recently. At least for banner planes.

TCD

On 2/5/2020 at 7:00 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Disney got Congress to create a 3 mile radius of restricted airspace around WDW and Disneyland in 2003. It was hidden in a large spending bill so it would fly under the covers of violating Congress's own rule against doing such a thing. To date Disney is the only amusement park company to have no fly zones over their properties in the US.

• 2 weeks later...