2020 Fort Wilderness Construction Update

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m grateful they didn’t rebrand it as the Reflections Lakeside Disney Resort Equestrian Center. TCD 

It looks like they’re down to the finish items on the new barn: I don’t hate the new sign: TCD

I was thinking the Great Escape!  

We were there in early January  for 2 weeks and we didn't hear any construction. But I agree that the new barn is nice but does not fit the Fort theme. I really think its being themed to Reflections, which makes me wonder how much more of the theme will change around the Marina area of the Fort all the wood benches have been changed to metal.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

We thought the same thing about the barn design. Maybe it will be a mix of both Fort and Reflections? At any rate it is all coming along. 

On 2/8/2020 at 2:09 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Mmmm... yeah.... that's not exactly how I thought that would end up.  It's a cute sign though.

Thanks for the updates TCD.  I know it's a mess now, and will probably be for a while, but I am anxious to see how it all shakes out once it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Oh no, don’t get cynical on us. 

You know your daughter is going to love having you buy buckets of sand so she can find those gems!

TCD

She would prefer to play with her dog at the park over that.

A bunch of new construction pics from WDWNT...

PHOTOS: Construction Continues on Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge; Tri-Circle-D Ranch Nearing Completion with Themed Wooden Archway at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

February 27, 2020
Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-ranch-c

Work at the site of Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge continues to move forward on the shores of Bay Lake. Today, we took a trip by the site to see some of the latest additions.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-lakesid

From the boat dock at Wilderness Lodge, we can see where work along the southern shoreline of Bay Lake between the Reflections site and the Boulder Creek Villas is taking place. This is where several bungalows along the water’s edge will eventually be located, as well as an expected walking path between the two resorts.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-trees.J

Along the former beach at Fort Wilderness, we can see that several mature trees are being kept on site as opposed to being removed. This is a welcome sign that some of the trees that are here will still remain after work is completed, as they provide nice shade in the day.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-beach.J

From the dock at Ft. Wilderness, a wider view of the work happening where more bungalows will be located.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-pathway

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-oak-tre

The walking path at Ft. Wilderness from the boat dock to Crocket’s Tavern continues to be lined with green construction fencing.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-crocket

From Crocket’s Tavern, a large red crane can be seen rising in the distance.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-ranch-w

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-ranch-c

Over behind the Settlement Bus Loops, the new Tri-Circle-D Ranch can be seen progressing rather quickly. Decorative wood elements to the building’s entrance have been installed and the roofing and siding seems to be in place as well.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-ranch-e

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-rance-e

From the bus stop, we can see a closer view of the site itself at the construction entrance.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-site.JP

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20.JPG?aut

Back along the shoreline, work continues with several pieces of heavy machinery on site for Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge.

Reflections-Construction-2-24-20-drill.J

Several large cranes are on site as drilling into the ground was happening to place support beams.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/02/photos-construction-rolls-along-for-reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge-tri-circle-d-ranch/?fbclid=IwAR3jKfhI8OZHwN-NqiL-zYYZFE14kDsSlraVLqjRLzXTVcWDqO83EbBGGYs

13 hours ago, AC in A2......Aaron said:

Thanks for the update TCD.  We will be there shortly and i think it is helpful to see the changes ahead of time.  I dont think i will like how this all ends up but trying to keep an open mind i guess.

Yes, definitely keep an open mind. 

But I still want to hear what you think when you’re trying to enjoy a cold one on Crockett’s porch. 

TCD

They are not breaking any records building the gem washing station, but the slab is done and the base for the little water tower was in place as of 2/29/20:

F6926705-AAB6-42F9-B3C0-B62963BC68EB.jpe

Here’s how things look at Pioneer Hall- better get used to the cranes:

4A8C7051-DFA5-4E9B-A215-5C292B8CFECC.jpe

Here’s a peek around the fence at what used to be Clementine’s Beach:

E9F9C3B8-3A25-49E8-BD84-D2C568BB98E7.jpe

I’m sure the DVC resort will be beautiful. But it’s going to dominate the Settlement. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They are not breaking any records building the gem washing station, but the slab is done and the base for the little water tower was in place as of 2/29/20:

F6926705-AAB6-42F9-B3C0-B62963BC68EB.jpe

Well on the plus side, parents will have a lovely view while their wee ones wash their gems.

• 2 weeks later...