Hi all!

We booked two cabins for our family in November-- there are 11 of us (8 adults and three small kids).  My husband and I (and my Daughter, her husband and their kids) will be travelling to WDW from PA, so we have decided to take our 22 ft Class C so that we will have  a more comfortable travelling experience- we will break the trip up into two days.  

We booked the two cabins so that our large group can vacation together.  My question is, will we be allowed to park the camper in the parking space at the cabins?  We do not plan on using it as a camper during our stay, but it will have all of our stuff in it and I really don't want it to be parked in a parking lot, away from us, for the whole week.  Especially because it fits in a normal driveway with no problem.   Also, there will be times where we want to use it as our transportation to get to the further away parks like AK, instead of the bus system.  

Has anyone else done this?  I know we will be charged $20 a night to park it as other people are who bring a car.  Our other kids are flying in, so they will not have a car. 

Thanks for reading and any insight you have

Interesting question and probably only Disney can answer if an rv can be parked at the cabins. Probably not so much an issue of adequate space as perception of it being used as a camper. I've never seen one parked in a cabin loop but there's a first time for everything. If you've rented 2 cabins for 11 people and there are sleeping accommodations for everyone on the reservation I think it would be a tough call on their part. We've rented a cabin for family, rv camped in a nearby loop, and rented a golf cart but never attempted to park the rv at the cabin. I would talk to them before making the trip and get their opinion. Please let us know how it works out. Sounds like a fun trip-enjoy!

11 hours ago, Beckers said:

I thought the spots were small but could totally be wrong. The only picture I have from our stay doesn’t show much of the driveway. 

They've always seemed narrower to me than a "regular" driveway, but that's just me remembering, not having actually tried to park anything there.

Any cabin folks about with some first hand experience?

I'm inclined to say "if it fits, it sits" but worst case you can always park it out in overflow, but then you'd need to rely on the buses to get to/from it.

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!

3 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

Interesting question and probably only Disney can answer if an rv can be parked at the cabins. Probably not so much an issue of adequate space as perception of it being used as a camper. I've never seen one parked in a cabin loop but there's a first time for everything. If you've rented 2 cabins for 11 people and there are sleeping accommodations for everyone on the reservation I think it would be a tough call on their part. We've rented a cabin for family, rv camped in a nearby loop, and rented a golf cart but never attempted to park the rv at the cabin. I would talk to them before making the trip and get their opinion. Please let us know how it works out. Sounds like a fun trip-enjoy!

I figure that is probably what would be their issue-- the idea that we might use it as a camper.  We are not looking for using it as a camper while we are there, but it will have all of our stuff in it and is our vehicle.  And yes, there are sleeping accommodations for everyone in the cabins.  We have 8 adults and 3 grandchildren (8, 3 and 1).  The bunk beds in one of the cabins won't even be used.  But when I am looking for my whatchamacallit or my thingamajig, it's likely to be in the camper so I don't want it parked elsewhere.  Obviously if we are forced to, that will be that.

My husband did mention it when he made the reservations but the CM didn't seem to know the answer and was like "You might have to park it in the overflow lot"  I am hoping we run into nice CMs who are understanding and allow us to park it in the driveway.  

23 minutes ago, woohoocampers said:

My husband did mention it when he made the reservations but the CM didn't seem to know the answer 

Don't worry too much about that.  The reservation CMs are nowhere near the Fort and there's a darned good chance the person he talked to has never even been there.

If you don't do online check-in you can talk with an actual Fort CM when you get there and explain it to them.

If you do online check-in you can just go to your site and take a chance they'll just ignore your RV in the drive (kind of the "ask forgiveness instead of permission" scenario).  Worst case you may get a "love note" telling you to move it.

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Don't worry too much about that.  The reservation CMs are nowhere near the Fort and there's a darned good chance the person he talked to has never even been there.

Yep.  They're pretty much like (most) RV salesmen I've met... they'll sell them, but have never used one a day in their life.  Oh... and when you check-in, I love how Disney gives you the phone number directly to the "Fort".   No,  it's not.  It's the reservation line and as Mo just said, those poor folks have no idea what they're talking about so:  go up the front desk to ask your questions ;)  

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

...when you check-in, I love how Disney gives you the phone number directly to the "Fort".   No,  it's not.  It's the reservation line and as Mo just said

Once upon a time they actually did give you the number for the front desk. 

Funny thing is I just looked in my phone because I knew I'd saved it there at one point.  Disney must have shuffled some numbers around because when I google that number it now comes up as The Contemporary.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Once upon a time they actually did give you the number for the front desk. 

Funny thing is I just looked in my phone because I knew I'd saved it there at one point.  Disney must have shuffled some numbers around because when I google that number it now comes up as The Contemporary.

Funny about the Contemporary 😄

Yes. we’ve only been going since 2014 and I can remember calling and getting the back office.  I think that changed around 2106, maybe ‘17.  Now, it’s someone who knows very little about the Fort..if anything 😕

23 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The cabin driveways are very short. A 22’ motor home won’t fit in most of them, and the rules say all wheels must be on the pavement. You might be able to park your Class C outside your cabin, but I wouldn’t count on it. 

TCD

Of course we all know how well they enforce the rules.