I left Fort Wilderness on Friday, February 14, 2020 after a month long stay (sigh). We bought bikes at a pawn shop. We left one of the bikes for anyone who would like to use it in a bike rack behind the now defunct chuck wagon at the Campfire Singalong ( near the 1400 loop comfort station). It is a blue, single speed, old fashioned Huffy bike. I would love for the bike to be used and then left for the next campers who need it. If you see it or use it please tag me so I can know if it’s still there- FW may dispose of it. Thanks and I hope someone is able to enjoy biking at the Fort.
Disneymommaof6

Very nice!   I know there is (or used to be?) a floating fire pit.  Hopefully the bike is able to float around for several months for folks to use.  You might try posting (if you haven't already) it on the Fort FB page (Campers That Love Fort Wilderness).  They're probably more than one FB page... LOL.

15 hours ago, Disneymommaof6 said:

I left Fort Wilderness on Friday, February 14, 2020 after a month long stay (sigh). We bought bikes at a pawn shop. We left one of the bikes for anyone who would like to use it in a bike rack behind the now defunct chuck wagon at the Campfire Singalong ( near the 1400 loop comfort station). It is a blue, single speed, old fashioned Huffy bike. I would love for the bike to be used and then left for the next campers who need it. If you see it or use it please tag me so I can know if it’s still there- FW may dispose of it. Thanks and I hope someone is able to enjoy biking at the Fort.
Disneymommaof6

I did that years ago when I was out at a postal school in Norman OK.

Got a cheap 3 speed at a yard sale and a lock, then told my co-workers that were heading out to school after me where to find it locked up and the combo for it.

Sorry I didn’t post sooner.  Returning to the real world is a bit bumpy. Lol   I put it on DISboards as I already had an account there but then it occurred to me that more people who go to FW would probably see it here. I’m not on FB but if y’all want to share it on pages over there it would fine by me. I’d just like for the bike to be used. 

Just FYI I checked the bike racks at the Campfire area on the morning of Saturday, February 29, and there were no bikes in any of the racks.   

Out of curiosity was the blue a sky blue?  Did the bike have fenders and a white seat?  I saw a bike like that parked at the front of a site on the 1400 loop, and it made me wonder. 

TCD