My Disney Experience Glitch Allows Guests to Secure Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups Outside of Disney’s Hollywood Studios

https://wdwnt.com/2020/02/my-disney-experience-glitch-allowing-guests-to-secure-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-groups-outside-of-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I bet they correct this glitch real quick!

The usual procedure for securing a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group requires that all members in the booking party not only be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but also tapped in to the park. While the boarding group process has gotten increasingly frustrating over the past few weeks due to changing park hours and ever-increasing demand for the attraction, a new glitch in the My Disney Experience app may be causing even greater issues.

Readers have contacted us about a new glitch in the My Disney Experience app that allows guests who are outside the park––even thousands of miles away––to secure a boarding group from the comfort of home.

Usually, the app will know whether you’re in the park or not due to information coming from your phone, MagicBand, or ticket media.

With guests able to obtain boarding groups from miles away, they’re taking opportunities from families who have likely rope-dropped the park and planned around the boarding group process.

Hopefully this glitch is adjusted soon, or obtaining a boarding group will likely become a statistical improbability.

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Me too. 

I have this sneaking suspicion that there are already guests who know hacks for the system separate from this reported glitch. That would explain how the boarding groups have disappeared so quickly lately compared to the first months of operation.

TCD

If that's the case, how long before someone starts selling the service (assuming they aren't already on the QT)?  Like back when BOG first opened and a few companies sprung up offering "help" booking dining reservations because someone developed a spiffy little way of working Disney's dining reservations system.  Until Disney shut them all down.

18 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

If that's the case, how long before someone starts selling the service (assuming they aren't already on the QT)?  Like back when BOG first opened and a few companies sprung up offering "help" booking dining reservations because someone developed a spiffy little way of working Disney's dining reservations system.  Until Disney shut them all down.

I’m not convinced that something like that isn’t already happening. The market certainly exists, and as far as I know even Disney VIP tour guides can’t skip the line currently. That opens the door for some enterprising entrepreneurs. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I’m not convinced that something like that isn’t already happening. The market certainly exists, and as far as I know even Disney VIP tour guides can’t skip the line currently. That opens the door for some enterprising entrepreneurs. 

TCD

Oh for sure there's a market.  The tricky thing with stuff letting people know it's available, without letting the Mouse know you're doing it - which is darned near impossible these days because the minute people find something cool they think they've got the inside track on, the first thing they do is share it online.

And the minute The Mouse finds out...

Knock Knock
Who's There?
Disney Legal
Disney Legal Who?
*boom goes the cease and desist and you're out of business*