Anyone take the 528 Beachline toll road instead of I-4

Hello everyone-

We will be heading to the Fort late September from Maryland.  Our last stop before arriving at the Fort will be Stage Coach RV park in St. Augustine so we will be right off I-95.  The last time we made the trip to the Fort in 2017 we broke off of I-95 in Daytona onto I-4 through Orlando.  Going through all of the Orlando traffic and especially the construction was pretty stressfull.  We pull a 42ft fifth wheel with a long bed dually.  This time I was thinking about staying on I-95 to below Titusville and taking the 528 Beachline Expressway toll road across.   Looks like it would be a nice alternative since it cuts out most of the Orlando rat race and construction.  I figured the tolls to be around $10 which is worth it if it is a nicer drive.   Curious if anyone has anyone has taken this route and may have an opinion??  I assume there are no low bridges on that road. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.  We are so excited for our trip!!

Heidi

Haven't towed on the Beachline, but it's a good drive. 

And it should be less $$ than the 417 (but it is a longer drive).  You're going further S on I-95 then straight across so it's a right angle whereas 417 is more of an angle.

Get a Sun Pass available in vending machines at the rest areas or E-PASS Xtra, ( https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/) you will save $$ and a lot of time.

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Haven't towed on the Beachline, but it's a good drive. 

And it should be less $$ than the 417 (but it is a longer drive).  You're going further S on I-95 then straight across so it's a right angle whereas 417 is more of an angle.

Get a Sun Pass available in vending machines at the rest areas or E-PASS Xtra, ( https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/) you will save $$ and a lot of time.

I have the E-Pass Xtra and used it when driving from Florida to NJ to visit family.  Worked great all of the way up, including the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

You can also get off of I-4 at Exit 101C just past Lake Monroe and take State Rd 46 West to 429 South (Toll) which then takes you to Western Way (Exit 8), and then onto Disney Property just next to Coronado Springs. (This Northern extension of 429 South is fairly recent.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 9:31 PM, hnicewa1 said:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions- going to give them all a look.

Heidi

Please post what route you wind up taking.  We live in Street, MD near Jarrettsville and have been to Aberdeen many times.  My son in law is a Marine, so have used the facilities on APG.