In Line for Mickeys and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

Got here at 7. We were herded down Sunset Blvd to the end of the line that turned back just before the entrance to R&RC and ToT. The line made its way back up and toward the entrance. It’s now 7:40 and the line is queued up for park opening. 
I’ll let you guys know how we make out later. 

54 minutes ago, Duane said:

Got here at 7. We were herded down Sunset Blvd to the end of the line that turned back just before the entrance to R&RC and ToT. The line made its way back up and toward the entrance. It’s now 7:40 and the line is queued up for park opening. 

300 minute wait

1 hour ago, Duane said:

Yowsa!  Hope you don't have too long a wait.

It wasn’t that bad of a wait... we were off at about 9:15. 

Not to spoil it, but the ride premise is a lot like the RotR and the trackless system it uses. I think they could have stayed with the Great Movie Ride theming and had a real winner!

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Tried to book a FP at the 60 day mark and they were all gone.  So was smugglers run, toy story mania, slinky, and alien saucers.

I really wish they would get rid of all FPs!

Wow. I didn’t know it was that bad. I wish they would move to a system like they have at Disneyland where all FP’s are up for grabs once guests enter the parks. This 60 day business allows guests to game the system,  and then the park experience is ruined for everyone. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow. I didn’t know it was that bad. I wish they would move to a system like they have at Disneyland where all FP’s are up for grabs once guests enter the parks. This 60 day business allows guests to game the system,  and then the park experience is ruined for everyone. 

TCD

And it forces everyone to have such a rigid schedule it removes all spontaneity and the ability to adjust.  I agree, the system at Disneyland is MUCH better.

18 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I agree it was a lot better back in the day with the paper fastpass, it seemed like a challange

That is what the system at Disneyland so nice.  The Maxpass is an additional fee, but the paper fast passes are available to everyone.  The only difference is with Maxpass you can grab the fastpass from your phone while you are in line after scanning your previous fastpass.  It is a convenience, not a necessity. 

On 3/5/2020 at 8:32 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Tried to book a FP at the 60 day mark and they were all gone.  So was smugglers run, toy story mania, slinky, and alien saucers.

I really wish they would get rid of all FPs!

That happened to us on our last trip. It really takes some of the magic away from the trip.

We got to HS mid-afternoon Wednesday and it was down and they said it would be a while so go do something else. We went back around 6:30 and it was down again and they said it would be a while so go do something else. Wait time before it went down was 135 minutes. We decided to hover near the entrance in the “not a line” and were near the front to get in line when the line opened maybe 20 minutes later. It was just about two hours from when we were told not to wait until we got off the ride. I liked it. It’s colorful, fast paced and fun.