Hi Fiends, I have been playing around with the idea of making matching T-shirts for my family for our Disney trip. I have never done it, but it seems pretty easy. I have been googling and have found several designs on the internet. Do any of you make T-shirts and is it really as easy as printing and ironing it on? Here'a few of the designs I came up with last night while playing around. I'd love to see what you have!

princesstrainingOMA.jpg

MickeyBowTie2XANDER.jpg

elizabethi.jpg

DADPIRATESTITCH.jpg

These are all pretty basic, but in the infamous words of Joe Dirt "..I'm newwww... I dont know what to dewwww..." :rofl2:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks again everyone, this is the most educational board I visit bar far! :banana: :parrot: :banana: :parrot: Lets see I have learned about transfers, tutus, beer, international adoption, love, n

I'm looking at that design and asking, where have I seen that before? Duh, just every time I walk from the parking lots at TTC to the bus area.

Walked under it today, but I wasn't visiting.

OHHHH.. I'm loving the FW one, would you mind sharing that one? :)

No problem at all...as I said, these are not my original designs and as far as I know there is no copy protection on them unless you are selling for business purposes :lol: I don't have gimp or anything fancy...just used MSPublisher/MSWord/Photoshop. Takes a while to manipulate but I think the results came out okay for what I wanted.

You would not believe how many people have asked where I bought Aiden's shirts....Disney doesn't realize what a fortune they are losing by not having specific resort branded merchandise!!

I also made these designs into shirts for Aiden which he will be debuting over the next week or so while we're here.

MusketMickey-FtWildernessredcirclearoundhim.jpg

Motorhome-Mickey.png

MusketMickey.png

Fort-Wilderness-Diamond-Logo-Lg.png

Fort-Wildernesslogo-wordsonly.jpg

FortWildernessandMusketMickeyLogo.gif

MickeyHead-FtWilderness.jpg

omg THOSE rock! I have no intentions of selling anything, the more you get to know me the more you'll learn, I have not near enough energy to do this for profit, I'll be lucky to do enough for my family .. :rofl2: I just really like the idea of us all having matching shirts, such a cute idea! I have never heard of gimp so I haven't a clue, how would we know if something was copyrighted or not? I just have a vision of being chased by the popo at WDW for having someones copy right on my shirt.. seriously.. that's my luck :unsure:

Maybe Jen will pipe in here.. she is the resident expert!

I have all the ones I saved in Coral, I can add text and move it around. Some of the images I had to "rub out" other peoples text and then inserted mine over it.

jen---oh, jen----

we need some assistance here. lol

i know rog used gimp and i thought jen had, too. i am just trying to modify the shirts. i have no idea how to create one. but, i do need to learn how to do that,too. :)

jen---oh, jen----

i know rog used gimp and i thought jen had, too. i am just trying to modify the shirts. i have no idea how to create one. but, i do need to learn how to do that,too. :)

If you let me know what you want I can try to help create it.

I'm making ones for our trip next week. I've done the iron transfers last time. This time I'm embroidering them. I'm having a fun time...learning how to embroider and appliqué. Ill post pics when I'm done tomorrow!

Are you hand embroidering? I can't afford a machine but would love to figure out how to do that type of thing.

Do any of you worry about putting your child's name on their shirt? I thought that was one of the big no-no's due to stranger's using that to convince kids they already know them. You know, "Come this way, Jimmy. Your mother is over here. I'm her friend and she told me to come get you. Don't remember meeting me last year, Jimmy? Your mother introduced us! Well, I remember you!" :(

I don't mean to be a buzz kill. I am just surprised. But then again, I am defintely the over protective type.

Holy buzz killer Marty! :rofl2:

j/k, you do have a very very valid point. Last year when I went with just me and the 4, I didnt do shirts and that wasn't the main reason but it was in the back of my mind, 1 mom to 4 kids, chances are, I couldnt keep my eye on them 100% of the time. However, this year, big daddy is coming with me and they won't be out of my sight while in the parks. My big kids aren't what you'd call trusting children..lol.. not sure that is always a bad thing either. As for my little guys, they will be leashed to me or daddy or strapped in the stroller at all times, sadly, my 1 & 2 year old know NO strangers.

Are you hand embroidering? I can't afford a machine but would love to figure out how to do that type of thing.

Do any of you worry about putting your child's name on their shirt? I thought that was one of the big no-no's due to stranger's using that to convince kids they already know them. You know, "Come this way, Jimmy. Your mother is over here. I'm her friend and she told me to come get you. Don't remember meeting me last year, Jimmy? Your mother introduced us! Well, I remember you!" :(

I don't mean to be a buzz kill. I am just surprised. But then again, I am defintely the over protective type.

Not on the T-shirts but I have other crafts that I do hand embroider. I saved up enough money from my other crafts that I sell on Ebay/Etsy to buy a smaller embroidery machine...nothing fancy. I only put the kid's name on the beach towels that I embroidered, simply because they both wanted the same design and I know they would be fighting over who's was who's! Other than that, I don't have any names on our shirts this year.

I'll post the family t-shirts from last year...they are cute and very easy to modify if anyone wants the design. But they do have everyone's name on it.

thanks, karla. i will let you know. i have too much to do this week to figure out what i may want. but, i will let you know. i appreciate it. i am also going to call out jen on the gimp. i am pretty sure she knows how to use it. thanks.

I have been looking at the do-it-yourself Mickey Head tie-die shirts. I think that will be a fun afternoon this summer. Does anyone remember the Halloween design Rog did a few years ago? I have it on my other laptop. Loved it. Didn't get around to making it.

jen---oh, jen----

did you figure it out...sorry, i didn't see this earlier

if i don't answer right away, pm me and tell me to look at a particular thread...sometimes i am a dolt and don't look everywhere... :rofl2: