• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks again everyone, this is the most educational board I visit bar far! :banana: :parrot: :banana: :parrot: Lets see I have learned about transfers, tutus, beer, international adoption, love, n

I'm looking at that design and asking, where have I seen that before? Duh, just every time I walk from the parking lots at TTC to the bus area.

Walked under it today, but I wasn't visiting.

alright, can you guys make the first one with the princess comment on it for me but, with a solid mickey head (pink). then make it with "shaylyn" in the icon (no year). Pleassssssssssseeeeeeeeeee...

thanks!

Are you talking about the princess in training one? Without the Tiara? I sure will give it a try.. not sure how I will remove the tiara just yet... It will take me a few days, I'm working late today and my girls have a softball game tonight, but I'm wide open after that :)

yup, that one! but you can leave the tiara on it. just no name and no year. then one with shaylyn on it.

whenever you do it is fine. it'll be a perfect gift for friends little girl.. :) i just don't know which way the "mom" would rather have it. :)

alright, so i spelled her name wrong. see now i am gonna be the pain in the ...! can you spell it the right way for me. :)

SHAELYN

i am sorry. <my head is down> i will not bother you again. :rolleyes:

j/k i probably will still be a pest just like always.. lol ;D

How do y'all go from the jpeg files to Tshirts? I.e. How y'all transfer?

Public Notice: I have no crafting talent besides recycling aluminum cans.

Simple....just print your jpeg out onto the transfer material just as if you were printing it out onto paper.

If you're printing the design onto light color fabric transfer paper you will need to print it as a reverse image. For most printers there is usually a check box in the printer settings for reverse image (sometimes it says T-shirt image). Reverse printing is not needed when using dark color fabric transfers.

There are directions in the package of transfer paper.

Here's some things I learned (the hard way! :lol: )

1. Dark transfers work better than light transfers which have a tendency to develop "crack" lines easily

2. Iron on a HARD surface with lots of pressure. Do NOT iron the transfers on your normal ironing board.

3. Following manufacturers directions, wash, dry and iron out wrinkles from the t-shirts before you do the transfers

4. After you do the transfers let them sit for at least 24 hours, then turn inside out and wash/dry as before using low heat setting on your dryer.

Hopefully somebody else will chime in here with their experiences too!

Ooookkkkk, so what software do y'all use to be craftively creative?

Where do u get transfer paper?

Transfer papers is available at WalMart, Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby (if you have them in your area) or you can order online. It is a little $$$$ so you want to practice your printouts before you do the transfers.

I don't have any special software...just Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Paint...whatever you normally use for printing your jpegs should work. Some people use gimp, Photoshop, and whatever it is Macs users have.

i have used wal-marts paper. not sure of the brand. but it is back by the sewing stuff (i believe).

couple things

1--make sure your article of clothing has been washed and is wrinkle free.

if it hasn't been washed,the first time you wash it-it'll shrink and yor image starts to come off because it doesn't shrink.

2--keep all your edges of your image rounded. it may peel back on corners over time.

i just print out my images like normal-no fancy program needed to print them. save as jpeg and print to the size you want.

THANK YOU, JUDY! you definitely deserve an extra candy bar! :banana:

This is all good info, I havent even begun to attempt actually doing the transfer yet, I'm still playing with designs. I want to make something for my littles one's first birthday next month, some kinda cutsie onesie and a tutu.. not that I have a glue on how to do that either but it sounds good! :rolleyes:

i have used wal-marts paper. not sure of the brand. but it is back by the sewing stuff (i believe).

couple things

1--make sure your article of clothing has been washed and is wrinkle free.

if it hasn't been washed,the first time you wash it-it'll shrink and yor image starts to come off because it doesn't shrink.

2--keep all your edges of your image rounded. it may peel back on corners over time.

i just print out my images like normal-no fancy program needed to print them. save as jpeg and print to the size you want.

THANK YOU, JUDY! you definitely deserve an extra candy bar! :banana:

Our Walmarts have the "new" floorplan and no longer have sewing/fabric departments so the transfer paper was in the office supply area.

If you have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels sign up for their email notices and get 40% off coupons. The coupons are also in their weekly newspaper ads too.

Ooohhh yeah!! Rounded corners....that's important !

Tri-B

oh, here's a question, do you cut the image down or just cut the corners of the paper?

Told ya I was clueless.. :rofl2:

On my light fabric transfers I trimmed about 1/8" from the edge of the design.

On dark fabric transfers I carefully trimmed at the edge of the design.

One more hint...light color transfers are transparent. Anything on your design that is "white" will become the color of the shirt.

For example...I had a bright green shirt and a buzz lightyear design. Buzz's spacesuit is white and green. When I put it on the shirt the white spacesuit part became green so he looked all green. :lol: Yeah....live and learn...my grandson was not impressed with an all green Buzz !!

Dark color transfers are opaque. White will stay white and colors look brighter. You need to trim on the edge of the design. If you trim an 1/8" from the edge you will have a white edging. It just depends on what "look" you want.

The internet also has lots of information and step-by-step videos. Here's one and there are lots more...T shirt video for light color transfers

Thanks again everyone, this is the most educational board I visit bar far! :banana: :parrot: :banana: :parrot:

Lets see I have learned about transfers, tutus, beer, international adoption, love, not mentioning the politcal aspect, everything must begin in A end in N and be and purple orange/purple, ooohhhh yea and how could I forget about glitter.

:rofl2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...