• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Only reports I can find so far say closing Sunday through the end of the month but haven't found anything "Disney official" yet and don't know what that means for resorts and Disney Springs.

DS is closed too. 

Edit....apparently DS is remaining open. 

Walt Disney World will be closing its theme parks at the close of business on Sunday March 15 2020 through to the end of March 2020.

In a statement, the company said:

In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort, beginning at the close of business on Sunday, March 15, through the end of the month.

Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, through the end of the month.

The Walt Disney Company will pay its cast members during that closure period.

The hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice. The retail and dining complexes, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, will remain open.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/13mar2020-walt-disney-world-to-close-theme-parks-march-15-through-the-end-of-march.htm?fbclid=IwAR2KiCzpXJMwF86JBa9wzv_ampuv0jXqQERwnZSwhwCiCgLTdjQURMZyTfE

8 hours ago, DebbieT11 said:

So, is anyone there now that is being encouraged to leave the Fort??  Or will it remain open??  I'm seeing differing information above.....

The last "official" word was that DS and the resorts were staying open.

But this is a fairly fluid situation that could change at anytime.

I could see them letting the current visitors stay until their reservations are done and not let any new ones book.

One reason would be that a lot of the people have packages and would be upset if they pay the big $$$ for a room but can't go to the parks.

At least you can find plenty to do at the Fort if they keep it open while the parks are closed.

10 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

They should. But I'm not holding my breath. 

UPDATED INFO ON AP EXTENSIONS, REFUND POLICIES

As the Walt Disney World Resort prepares for a lengthy closure of its theme parks over the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic beginning Monday, March 16th, the resort has released updated information concerning reservations, ticket expiration extensions, annual passes and more.

TICKETS

May I get a refund on my ticket?

Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a start date on or before March 31, 2020 will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through July 31, 2020.

Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

ANNUAL PASSES

How does the closure of Walt Disney World impact annual passes?

Walt Disney World annual passes will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed, March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.

RESORTS

I have a future stay at a Disney Resort hotel while the park is closed. What does that mean for my vacation?

Guests who have not checked in for stays between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 may modify or cancel their Disney Resort room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to their original check-in date. If no action is taken, Disney will automatically process a refund to the original form of payment within seven days of the original check-in date. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

What if I want to cancel a Disney Resort hotel reservation after the parks reopen?

We will waive all Disney imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in through June 30, 2020.

DINING & OTHER EXPERIENCES

I have a pre-paid dining reservation or experience reservation like Droid Depot during the time when the parks are closed. Will I receive a refund?

Yes. All pre-paid dining and experience reservations will be automatically refunded if scheduled between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.

What happens to dining reservations that required a credit card at the time of booking?

Reservations made at locations impacted by the closure will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.

As of the writing of this article, resort hotels and Disney Springs will remain open during the park closures.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Well now they can knock out some of the construction a lil quicker. :dontknow:

I'm actually hoping that they use this time wisely.  They'll have two weeks with NO guests.  CLEAN the parks.  Paint.  Make repairs.  Get more done than you ever could possibly under normal circumstances... this is my hope.  But... who knows. 

59 minutes ago, Travisma said:

DisneyLand is donating perishable foods to a food bank out there during the shutdown.

At least something good is coming out of this mess.

I guess since DW resorts are still operational, a lot of the parks foods can be used at the resorts.

That is good.  With Georgia school closing for two weeks starting on Monday, I'm concerned for those families who will not only need childcare... but whose children were part of the free lunch program.  Actually, I'm concerned period as while I am all for being cautious (PLEASE, if you're at risk, be cautious)... how things are being handled now is going to bankrupt some companies and financial break many, many households.