57 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

That is good.  With Georgia school closing for two weeks starting on Monday, I'm concerned for those families who will not only need childcare... but whose children were part of the free lunch program.  Actually, I'm concerned period as while I am all for being cautious (PLEASE, if you're at risk, be cautious)... how things are being handled now is going to bankrupt some companies and financial break many, many households.

As I posted in another thread one of the rumors my wife is hearing at her school is even if the system shuts down faculty, staff and child nutrition will still be required to come into the schools to prepare lessons for all and food for those on a lunch program. The food and lessons for those without online access would then be delivered via the bus system.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

As I posted in another thread one of the rumors my wife is hearing at her school is even if the system shuts down faculty, staff and child nutrition will still be required to come into the schools to prepare lessons for all and food for those on a lunch program. The food and lessons for those without online access would then be delivered via the bus system.

That's interesting...

All Busch/Seaworld parks are closing after this weekend.

Which gives everyone 2 more days to get infected from them, Disney and Universal and then spread it around!

I've seen plenty of posts where people have changed their plans and are now heading to Disney before it closes.

Guess that containment plan kind of backfired!

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Which gives everyone 2 more days to get infected from them, Disney and Universal and then spread it around!

I've seen plenty of posts where people have changed their plans and are now heading to Disney before it closes.

Yeah I'd have thought you close immediately and maybe just leave some Guest Relations locations open to sort out tickets and stuff for people.

In reality I'd wager the number of people who actually run to Disney before it closes will be relatively small.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I believe the Fort is still open.

Experiment: The Fort may be open BUT there is not a single day thru the end of March that will accept a reservation. As soon as you request April 1 sites are available. So it appears no new reservations until April but hoping that those already there get to stay and enjoy The Fort. 

2 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

Experiment: The Fort may be open BUT there is not a single day thru the end of March that will accept a reservation. As soon as you request April 1 sites are available. So it appears no new reservations until April but hoping that those already there get to stay and enjoy The Fort. 

Makes sense.  The WDW reservation system apparently doesn't distinguish between the Fort and the other resorts so if they put the kibosh on reservations, it would likely be and all or nothing thing.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

All Busch/Seaworld parks are closing after this weekend.

Guess that containment plan kind of backfired!

Apparently things have changed in Paris as they're now closing tomorrow instead of Sunday.

14 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

If you're checking in on Sunday, you can make a reservation for the whole period.  If you try checking in on Monday, there is no availability.  We were over at French Quarter and Caribbean Beach yesterday.  Pretty much business as usual.  There were a lot of check outs but also people checking in.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:18 AM, Travisma said:

DisneyLand is donating perishable foods to a food bank out there during the shutdown.

WDW is following suit...

Walt Disney World Resort Supports Central Florida Community by Donating Excess Food to Second Harvest Food Bank During Temporary Closure

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Since making the important decision to temporarily close theme parks at Walt Disney World and adjust our offerings, we have continued to take time to focus on the well-being of our Cast Members, our Guests, our families and the local community we call home.   To help other Central Floridians in need during this time, Walt Disney World Resort will donate excess food inventory like fresh salads, greens and expertly cooked hot items to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, as part of the ongoing Disney Harvest program. Launched in 1991, Disney Harvest collects excess and unserved food from locations throughout Walt Disney World, delivering it to feeding programs across Central Florida.  

What you might not know…the Disney Harvest Program at Walt Disney World Resort collects and distributes more than 823,000 pounds of prepared, unserved food annually and supports Second Harvest’s work serving more than 40 Orlando-area nonprofits.  In the last year alone, these donations provided one million meals to people in need.

“Second Harvest Food Bank is known for their vital work addressing critical food needs in Central Florida, and we know the important role we play in helping to bring meaningful solutions to our community in times of great need.” said Tajiana Ancora-Brown, Director of External Affairs at Walt Disney World Resort.  

Walt Disney World’s longstanding support of Second Harvest Food Bank also includes monetary contributions and ongoing Disney VoluntEARS efforts, where Cast Members donate their time to collect, sort and distribute food donations.  The organization is also the celebrated charity of the runDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend, held each November, donating and distributing extra food from post-race snack boxes to those in need.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/03/walt-disney-world-resort-supports-central-florida-community-by-donating-excess-food-to-second-harvest-food-bank-during-temporary-closure/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q1wo0312200002D&fbclid=IwAR2SAMKTL8AAPhuN8HDo38dlzUHnH8AMKkxlEPKXpiExiZ2uuWFKkkt5hlI

The British Revolution band and the Japanese drummers last performances are today. They were informed yesterday that their gigs are done.  The drummers have been performing for 25 years!  This is crazy.  Not sure if it’s because of the virus or just managements decisions to get rid of live performances.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

The British Revolution band and the Japanese drummers last performances are today. They were informed yesterday that their gigs are done.  The drummers have been performing for 25 years!  This is crazy.  Not sure if it’s because of the virus or just managements decisions to get rid of live performances.

I haven’t seen anyone mention that WDW is immediately terminating all of the current College Program castmembers and all international exchange castmembers and having them vacate Disney housing this week. 

That is about 8000+ CM’s, all of whom work in the front lines of attractions, retail, recreation, custodial and more.

The Parks cannot operate at normal capacity without these CM’s, and the next batch isn’t scheduled to arrive until mid-May. 

These moves by Disney suggest that the shutdown is going to go well beyond April 1. And when the parks finally do open, expect reduced operating hours and little entertainment. 

TCD 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention that WDW is immediately terminating all of the current College Program castmembers and all international exchange castmembers and having them vacate Disney housing this week. 

That is about 8000+ CM’s, all of whom work in the front lines of attractions, retail, recreation, custodial and more.

The Parks cannot operate at normal capacity without these CM’s, and the next batch isn’t scheduled to arrive until mid-May. 

These moves by Disney suggest that the shutdown is going to go well beyond April 1. And when the parks finally do open, expect reduced operating hours and little entertainment. 

TCD 

The post I saw on Facebook said college program participants will return on April 20th. Not sure if it was correct or not. 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

That's pretty substantial.  And depressing since were scheduled to begin a trip after the 1st. 

35 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

The post I saw on Facebook said college program participants will return on April 20th. Not sure if it was correct or not. 

That is not correct. These programs only last for a semester. They aren’t going to send these kids home for a month and then have them move back in only to leave the next month. They’re getting paid until the end of March, but their contracts of employment are all being terminated effective this week. 

TCD

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

I really feel for some of these kids. Some are probably hundreds of miles from home, I'm guessing some without cars, and they or their parents may not have the means to just pickup and get home. And the international kids. It's going to be a nightmare to get them home.

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

It was announced on the News.

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I really feel for some of these kids. Some are probably hundreds of miles from home, I'm guessing some without cars, and they or their parents may not have the means to just pickup and get home. And the international kids. It's going to be a nightmare to get them home.

It’s terrible for all of the kids.  Disney is about to lose a ton of money, and moves like this are going to keep on coming. 

Whenever the parks finally reopen, it’s going to be a long time before things return to “normal.”

TCD

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

All resorts closing on 3/20 at 5 pm

All Disney stores closing 3/17.

All Disney owned stores at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney closing 3/17. Other retailers will make their own decisions.

Oh goodness... so the Fort is closing this week?  Crazy.

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I'm betting late May or June before they open back up since the CDC recommended 8 weeks of no large gatherings.  

I’m afraid you’re right. 

I cannot fathom how individuals and businesses that depend on the thousands of WDW guests as customers will survive this. 

I even wonder how crippled Disney will be- all of their parks are now closed, and could be for a couple more months.  There’s no amount of cutting that can make up for that lost revenue.

TCD

We have reservations at Vero Beach DVC for next month for Easter week and are waiting to see if that will be affected as well. We have tickets for Cirque du Soleol that week as well, finally starting to get nervous over our plans :cantbelieveit: