• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think there’s a double whammy at play here. First, Disney is going to have to dig itself out of a huge hole. They will probably need to stop funding construction projects for a while. Second, all the potential DVC buyers will have their own financial holes. Even if Disney can finish the project, will there be any buyers?

The shame of it all is that this happened after they fenced off and leveled half the Settlement. The damage is already done. 

TCD

Plant some bushes behind the settlement and throw some fresh sand on clementines beach and call it good. I'd be happy with that. 

16 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Second, all the potential DVC buyers will have their own financial holes. Even if Disney can finish the project, will there be any buyers?

Excellent point and probably all the more reason DVC projects may get bumped down the list in favor of park projects that may actually pull in visitors once things reopen.

Sad to say it's going to be a VERY different 50th celebration than I'm sure anyone ever dreamed.  :(

15 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Grade it off and plant grass and trees, put up 3 rail fence.  Problem solved! Now back your regularly schedule Crockett's rocking chair. 

11 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Plant some bushes behind the settlement and throw some fresh sand on clementines beach and call it good. I'd be happy with that. 

That's called world class problem solving right there!  I'd be good with both those.  And with the speed that things grow in FL, in a few months you won't even know there was anything else there.

In response to requests from hospitals that are in need of additional protective garments and medical-related supplies, Disney Parks has donated 150,000 rain ponchos to MedShare, a humanitarian aid organization, for distribution to hospitals in need. The idea was inspired by nurses across the country who inventively found that rain ponchos can be an excellent way to protect their clothing and prolong the use of PPE, while also freeing up gowns when needed.

“The COVID-19 pandemic is unlike anything we’ve seen before,” said Charles Redding, MedShare CEO and President. “We have to find ways to pool our resources and work together to help the healthcare workers who are doing their very best to treat patients and contain COVID-19. We appreciate Disney partnering with us to support hospitals and healthcare workers on the frontlines.”

Disney Parks also recently donated more than 100,000 N95 masks to the states of New York, California and Florida, and is finding additional ways to give back.

These efforts follow the recent donation of more than 270 tons of food to local food banks from Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Since March, Disney Parks have provided nearly $3M in in-kind donations benefitting communities around the globe.

Full article - https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/04/disney-parks-donate-supplies-to.html?fbclid=IwAR0tD7MhFzExggerpjdQBPdo6I8x33t55KS0CZtdiFDG8gfSqxDnrNtgomw

Disney’s Contemporary Resort Lit Up With Love for Cast Members Last Night

By  

With the current closures in Walt Disney World, the property is primarily empty — even most Cast Members are having to stay away.

Heart-Message-Disney-World-Resort-Contem

But some essential Cast Members remain in Disney World to keep things in working order, and last night they had a sweet and visible message to send out to their fellow Cast.

After the sunset in a mostly empty Disney World last night, a set of very specific room lights at Disney’s Contemporary Resort came on. All lit up, the rooms were in the shape of a heart! Thanks to a Cast Member friend for sending us these pictures! We know not many were there to see it in person, but a glimpse of it alone makes us smile.

Heart-Message-Disney-World-Resort-Contem

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/04/01/disneys-contemporary-resort-lit-up-with-love-for-cast-members-last-night/?fbclid=IwAR2SCg-I14Qwg9EZUtpKpNd-Jl2FvuwxnAvdO1jcfotcWqZ6aUhFwyJY0OM

It's about to get real in the Sunshine State (and it's about time)

Coronavirus in Florida: Gov. DeSantis will issue a statewide 'stay-at-home' order

All Floridians will be told to remain in their home except for "essential services."

1:20 p.m. (April 1)

Governor DeSantis announced Wednesday he will issue an executive order to enact a statewide 'stay-at-home' order. 

When the order is put into effect, all Floridians will be told to remain in their homes except for "essential services."

The Department of Homeland Security's official list of essential services and professions can be found here.

The governor said he would sign the order today and it would take effect at midnight tomorrow. (4/2)

Disney to furlough non-union employees at theme parks, waives annual pass fees

• Disney will furlough its non-union park employees starting on April 19.
  • During the furlough, employees will receive full health-care benefits, with Disney paying the cost of employee and company premiums.
  • The entire Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment has around 177,000 cast members. Disney declined to say how many of those employees will be affected by Thursday’s announcement.

Without a clear idea of when its parks will be able to reopen, Disney announced plans to furlough non-union workers and stop collecting payments for its annual park passes.

“Disney employees have received full pay and benefits during this time, and we’ve committed to paying them through April 18, for a total of five additional weeks of compensation,” the company said in a statement Thursday. “However, with no clear indication of when we can restart our businesses, we’re forced to make the difficult decision to take the next step and furlough employees whose jobs aren’t necessary at this time.”

Employees whose roles or projects are crucial to maintaining operations during this closure period will remain on duty, Disney said.

During the furlough, employees will receive full health-care benefits, with Disney paying the cost of employee and company premiums. They also will be able to continue with their Disney Aspire education programs, the company said.

Employees will also be eligible for $600 per week in federal compensation through the $2 trillion economic stimulus bill, as well as state unemployment insurance, according to Disney.

The entire Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment has around 177,000 cast members, this includes people who work in its theme parks and at retail locations like the Disney Store. Disney declined to say how many of those employees will be affected by Thursday’s announcement.

“This reality has been sobering to all of us,” executives from Disney Parks, Experiences and Products wrote in a letter to staff Thursday. “As difficult as this decision was, we know it was the right one to help protect our cast members, our guests and our communities.”

The company also announced Thursday that it has made changes to annual passholder tickets because of COVID-19. For guests who purchased their annual pass in full, their passes will be extended for the number of days that the parks remain closed.

For those on a monthly plan, Disney will halt all future payments and refund any payments made between March 14 and April 4.

Disney’s theme parks across the globe are closed indefinitely since large gatherings have been restricted. Parks in Asia have been closed since February and parks in the U.S. and Paris have been closed since March.

It’s unclear how the closure of the two California Disney parks will impact the opening of the Avengers Campus expansion at California Adventure. The new land was expected to open in July. It is unknown if workers have been able to continue working on the project.

Disney’s Parks, Experiences and Products is a massive piece of the company’s business. Last year, the segment accounted for 37% of the company’s $69.6 billion in total revenue.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/disney-to-furlough-non-union-park-employees-in-the-us.html

On 4/3/2020 at 8:07 AM, ThemeParkCommando said:

I am holding onto my hope for my December vacation.  I'm betting the parks will be open again, the question is will my Disney fund remain intact through all this. 

I think a lot of people are holding onto hopes for December.  I have been checking for a campsite from the 26th to the 3rd almost daily for a year now and it is booked up still.  I really hope no one has to drop a site over this pandemic.  I do hope Disney just hasn’t released all the sites for those dates yet.  Like most people,  I also hope I will be financially able to do it if they do have sites.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:22 PM, AC in A2......Aaron said:

I was just going to post the same article Mo.  i wonder what will become of Reflections?

Wouldn't it be ironic if the site sat untouched as long as River Country did?

Here’s a copy of the email I received from WDW concerning passholders. 

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, 

This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. 

Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes who have paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.  

As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.  

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. 

Disney Destinations

Disney College Program June Arrivals Canceled; Cultural Representative Cast Members Sent Home

Disney has just announced that the rest of the Disney Internships & Programs Cast Members will be sent home by April 17th. The Disney Internships & Programs will be suspended effective April 18th.

This comes after announcements of the unexpected and abrupt ending of the Disney College Program, and the furloughing of thousands of non-Union Cast Members beginning April 19th.

Disney is working with each and every Cultural Representative Cast Member to ensure they can return home safely. Participants will be paid through April 18th and receive a lump sum payment on April 9th. Disney Program housing deducations will be waived immediately.

All future Disney Internships & Program arrivals for June 2020, including the Disney College Program, will be canceled and Disney will be refunding their program fees.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/04/disney-college-program-june-arrivals-canceled-cultural-representative-cast-members-sent-home/?fbclid=IwAR3fH491HJhtisX38Dw5uRKF6cEr7J6Bz3iLYF6S0mxF7GWTqyic4ceb2fU

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Here’s a copy of the email I received from WDW concerning passholders. 

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, 

This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. 

Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes who have paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.  

As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.  

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. 

Disney Destinations

I called this morning before this came in my email, but did call that VIP # For my pay by month. It answered as that line, then routed me over to the regular reservation line twice.  The first time they transferred me to the VIP line and it looked me right back to the reservation line.  The second time the CM stayed on the line when she transferred me and took my name and email.  After 45 minutes the VIP answered, said I understand you wanted the Second option.  I said yes, he asked for both passes, again yes and it was done.  45 minute wait and 1 minute to take care of it.

I was given this # by the CM in case I got disconnected 888-701-4100, this is the pass holder payment center group.

Our passes expire May 21. 
so would get approx 2 months refunded. 
we renewed last year, before the rate increase and with the 15% renewal discount.  So I believe we paid about $730.  So we would get about $120/ pass.  That’s a one day one park pass. 

Since we rescheduled our trip for June we will choose to have the passes extended.   
As it looks like WDW won’t reopen till at least June 1st.  Our passes should be good till about mid August. 

If flights stay as cheap as they are right now. We might be able to get a August trip in as well.

Well DVC finally cancelled our visit for Vero Beach that we would arrive this Sat for a week, not exactly sure how they returned our points because we were using some banked points for the trip, they show we have 600 points for the 2020 year and then 300 new points next April 2021. With any luck we will be able to bank all 600 from this year to carry over to next year, already got my oldest excited thinking a Disneyland trip

9 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Well DVC finally cancelled our visit for Vero Beach that we would arrive this Sat for a week, not exactly sure how they returned our points because we were using some banked points for the trip, they show we have 600 points for the 2020 year and then 300 new points next April 2021. With any luck we will be able to bank all 600 from this year to carry over to next year, already got my oldest excited thinking a Disneyland trip

Hopefully you’ll be able to bank them all. 
just curious. But what size unit do y’all normally get when traveling with the extended family?

we are talking about a 2020 Christmas trip with DW’s Cousin and her son.  A studio is almost half the cost of a 1 bedroom and a 1/3 the cost of 2 bedroom. So we are thinking about getting 2 studios.   Since we normally only eat breakfast and snacks in our room. We really don’t need a kitchen.