• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Airlines are seeing bookings for late June, July and August increasing already so there may be more "Northerners" than you think..

I'm sure they are booking.  My point was that the rumored phased opening will limit the park capacity as well as allow only Florida residents and annual passholders into the parks at the beginning.  I would certainly hope that by the July and August time period things will be more open and I am hoping for more visitors.  I have quite a few friends, including those who worked in the offices at Team Disney, that are furloughed and hoping to get back to work.  This has really taken a toll around here.

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Unless Disney puts in some sort of residency check in place,  the parks will fill up to whatever capacity is decided on by people from all around the globe.

A lot of the "experts" have been saying all along that people will be reluctant to visit the parks until there are some sort of method to make them safe.

These "experts" obviously don't belong to any of the Disney FB pages or blogs.  Most of those people are chomping at the bit to go and could care less about social distancing, cures, or anything virus related. 

Heck, if they were told they had to lick handrails to gain access they would do it! 

I like Disney, but I'm not in the same class as those fanatics.

you know the bloggers will be killing themselves to be the first to get back in.

Im with you, I like Disney but I’m not going anytime soon. No thank you. 

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

you know the bloggers will be killing themselves to be the first to get back in.

Why not go to Disney any time soon?

Florida has almost 2 1/2 times the population of New Jersey but New Jersey has almost 6x more Covid19 deaths than Florida.  
Also Florida has almost twice the population of Pennsylvania but has half as many covid19 deaths.  Almost 20% of deaths have acquired in Philadelphia county. 
Your safer in Florida than your neck of the woods  

I’m not picking on you I’m just trying to put this all in perspective.  

Yes any place you go that has a lot of people will increase your chances of getting covid19.  
but I can’t live my life hiding in my house from something that I probably won’t get and if I or you get it more than likely it won’t do much to us. Let alone kill us. 
I get it if your elderly, have certain health conditions And live in certain cities that you need to be more cautious.  

But i am a grown man and have been and will continue to take APPROPRIATE steps to protect myself and my family.   And if I decide to go to Disney, soon, I’m not some sort of fanatic that will lick a handrail to get into the park.  I’m an American who has the God given right to do what I want. 
And if people feel it’s unsafe or stupid of me and others to go to an amusement park, sporting event, or even a restaurant that is there right. 
And I would say to those people Stay At Home! 

But I’m not going to live my life in fear.

19 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

We have always liked November 

We went last year, 2019 for the first time for the thanksgiving week and loved it. 
we were there for the end of food & wine, Thanksgiving,  and even got to see the candlelight processional.  It was a truely magical week. 

16 hours ago, Beckers said:

I'm inclined to see how it all shakes out - what changes are made and how things go the first few weeks (months?) of reopening, before I load up the camper and head south. I need to be fairly confident that it's "safe"  and running smoothly and no one will really know that for sure until they actually start opening things up and see what happens.

13 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We went last year, 2019 for the first time for the thanksgiving week and loved it. 
we were there for the end of food & wine, Thanksgiving,  and even got to see the candlelight processional.  It was a truely magical week. 

November in general has been our favorite go-to time for ages.  Weather is typically great (not too hot for this Northern girl), F&W, Christmas stuff without the Christmas crowds... the whole shebang.  Once upon a time the week before Christmas week used to be relatively empty crowd-wise, which was fabulous, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case for a while, but crowds still aren't terrible.

Reports of more hiring for World Showcase...

...at the Morocco Pavilion in EPCOT, new job listings have been posted for merchandise hosts and hosts at their popular quick-service restaurant, Tangierine Cafe.

The listings are posted on the Morocco Pavilion’s own website and cross-posted on Indeed. You won’t find these on the Disney Careers site as the pavilion is run by a third party. The Morocco Pavilion is now accepting applications for the following positions:

Merchandise Host/Hostess:

As a merchandise cast member you will be responsible to operate a point-of-sale system (POS Register), handle cash, and stock inventory. You will have the opportunity to interact with guests, help answer their questions, provide information and assist them with their special requests.

Quick Service Host/Hostess (Tangierine Cafe):

As a quick service host/hostess, you will be responsible to take and fill food order requests, and regularly stock products. As a quick service host/hostess you will also have the opportunity to interact with guests, help answer their questions, provide information and assist them with their special requests.

Working in the Moroccan Pavilion, you will have a unique opportunity to share your Moroccan culture, heritage, and hospitality. Those interested in applying may do so online. You can also call the General Manager, Mr. Abdou Essaydi at 407-827-5322 or send your resume by snail mail to: Restaurant Marakesh; 1790 Avenue Of The Stars. Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836.

Unlike the Cultural Representative Program applications that recently opened up, there is no start date listed. Walt Disney World Resort remains closed until further notice, and a reopening date has not been identified.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/05/morocco-pavilion-at-epcot-now-hiring-for-merchandise-hosts-and-tangierine-cafe/?fbclid=IwAR0uU6KwXYjAAa-tLyKJfWIfwxyG6mYgi8iDbY5ttnOfy8APXLIXsAofAl0

If things are open we have a reservation to check into the Fort July 14. I have every intention of doing so. If all we do is the campground that's fine. I am hoping to do parks just because my brain mentally needs to change gears with how this year has gone for us. 

8 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

If things are open we have a reservation to check into the Fort July 14. I have every intention of doing so. If all we do is the campground that's fine. I am hoping to do parks just because my brain mentally needs to change gears with how this year has gone for us. 

6 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We have fort reservations for June 19th. I'm going even if the parks are not open

I would go and just hang out at The Fort for sure if I were you.

8 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We have fort reservations for June 19th. I'm going even if the parks are not open

Don't pull a Clark Griswold, Marty Moose. Typing this just made me remember the line from the movie "Florida dosen't close" and now it did.

CONFIRMED: Shanghai Disneyland Opens May 11th with Reservation-Only Limited Attendance and Temperature Screening, Chapek States Other Disney Parks Will Follow Same Protocol When Reopening

Over the span of the last few weeks, we’ve seen various forms of testing going on at the Shanghai resort, from the return of character dining, to new seating guidelines at shows and theaters, plus newly-installed temporary queues with floor markings to establish social distancing. Shanghai Disneyland is also where we’ve seen the expanded use of Health QR and temperature checks; with only those showing normal temperatures and a green QR code allowed in. All of these procedures will remain throughout the reopening.

Visitors will also need to make reservations to visit in order for the resort to limit and control the number of guests in the park. No further details are available at this time regarding how the booking process will work.

During the Q&A segment of the earnings call, Chapek pointed out that Shanghai Disneyland has a max capacity of 80,000 guests a day. The local government has indicated that the park is to run at 30% of the maximum capacity, meaning that the park must operate at a maximum of 24,000 guests until those restrictions are lifted. Their goal is to make sure no lines are backing up at the entrance to the park and throughout the park.

Shanghai Disneyland’s reopening is generally seen as a test of sorts for the other Disney Parks around the world to follow. CEO Bob Chapek indicated that similar social distancing measures to attend parks and within attractions, restaurants, and shows will be taken at other Disney theme parks around the world as they return to service.

I saw a article on how Six Flags are looking at re-opening with a reservations system so you would need to plan ahead to basically reserve a spot, not sure if they will make you pay when reserving or not. I figure this way they can keep a count on attendance.

Word on the local Orlando News is that DS and restaurants will be the first to open and then the parks 

Hymel noted that park officials, as well as local and government health authorities, were working to develop a number of new protocols for reopening its parks, resorts and retail areas, starting with an idea for the “phased reopening” which may involve the opening of Disney’s retail and dining areas before the parks.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disney-parks-ssafety-protocol-reopening-phased-approach

11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Word on the local Orlando News is that DS and restaurants will be the first to open and then the parks 

Hymel noted that park officials, as well as local and government health authorities, were working to develop a number of new protocols for reopening its parks, resorts and retail areas, starting with an idea for the “phased reopening” which may involve the opening of Disney’s retail and dining areas before the parks.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disney-parks-ssafety-protocol-reopening-phased-approach

This is what I think will happen.  A friend of mine works in the Team Disney building.  He said he is furloughed until the parks reopen.  He is not sure when that will happen but said he thinks it is feasible to see Disney Springs open before the parks.  Someone posted on another site they saw trucks pulling into Disney Springs with workers' cars parked on the surface lot next to Cirque.  The garages are closed.  How knows what is happening but it would be a start.

35 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

This is what I think will happen.  A friend of mine works in the Team Disney building.  He said he is furloughed until the parks reopen.  He is not sure when that will happen but said he thinks it is feasible to see Disney Springs open before the parks.  Someone posted on another site they saw trucks pulling into Disney Springs with workers' cars parked on the surface lot next to Cirque.  The garages are closed.  How knows what is happening but it would be a start.

This article was from March 9th, but I never saw a followup about it, whether it really opened and how successful it was.

The Shanghai Disney Resort partially reopened Monday after the entire Shanghai Disney park closed over a month ago amid growing concerns over the spread of coronavirus

The Shanghai Disneyland park remains closed, according to the park's official website. But to kick off a "step of a phased reopening," a "limited number of shopping, dining and recreational experiences" resume Monday at Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disney Hotel. 

Every guest entering the resort will be required to go through temperature screening procedures, "will need to present their Health QR Code when entering dining venues, and will be required to wear a mask during their entire visit," Disney Shanghai told guests.

Not too sure if Americans will follow these type of rules?  Only time will tell.

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

A friend of mine works in the Team Disney building.  He said he is furloughed until the parks reopen.  He is not sure when that will happen but said he thinks it is feasible to see Disney Springs open before the parks.  

If you read the article Dr. Hymel  is WDW Chief Medical Officer, so I would think she might have a little more input and insight.  Just my opinion..

43 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

If you read the article Dr. Hymel  is WDW Chief Medical Officer, so I would think she might have a little more input and insight.  Just my opinion..

I read it and agree.  I just think they are trying to figure out what they can do.  Disney Springs is also a bit unique since there are so many outside businesses there and are allowed to open to 25% capacity if Disney would allow it.  Personally, I think that would be a mistake.  The crowds would too easily get out of hand.  Also, a restaurant at 25% capacity (plus outdoor seating) can't be very profitable if they could even break even.  large stores like World of Disney would really find it difficult to control social distancing.  I just think at best it would be a PR nightmare.