39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I saw those the other day, they are pretty impressive.

Now check this out    

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Duane said:

I saw the night pictures on Facebook a couple of weeks ago... This photographer is really good at what he does!

What's interesting is that it pops up on the screen that these were taken before the park was shut down for the virus.

I saw these on FB, and I had seen some others  previously at night (not sure if it was the same photographer) and they explained that they were not given any special treatment (allowed to stay after hours) while taking them and it was a matter of being very patient (and maybe a little photoshop?) so no one was in the photos.

I don't know about you, but I find that hard to believe that they were not given any special treatment during the shooting of these pictures... Or the guy is a master at Photoshop!

42 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

...a restaurant at 25% capacity (plus outdoor seating) can't be very profitable if they could even break even.  

This is a discussion happening right now in NH where the first phase of reopening allows restaurants to open up outside seating areas only on May 18. 

The second phase still being discussed would open indoor dining areas to open but with major restrictions to the number of people allowed in at one time.  Some restaurant owners are saying they may stick with takeout and delivery instead because, while they're staying afloat doing that now (and that's best case) it's simply not profitable for them to open up further under such limited circumstances. 

Despite Walt Disney World President Josh D’Amaro assuring us that the horticulture team had ensured that the character topiaries across EPCOT were being maintained throughout the extended closure, new images from our favorite aerial parks photographer @bioreconstruct on Twitter show some interesting developments on the ground at the park. While maintenance and landscaping continues throughout the parks thanks to the work of essential Cast Members, it seems entire sections of the guest-favorite EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival flower quilts have been removed, potentially hinting at a necessary early end to the festival, which was cut short due to the COVID-19 shutdown.

Photo Credit: @bioreconstruct on Twitter

The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival was originally set to last through June 1 before Walt Disney World Resort came to a full close on March 15 due to the health crisis. The earliest the resort is accepting reservations is starting June 1, however that in and of itself is not indicative of an official reopening date––which is still undetermined.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/05/photos-latest-update-on-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival-flower-beds-and-topiaries-during-extended-park-closure/?fbclid=IwAR2VAebdM3litAqG4XLbDsw4wBYnSVT7K7U42aHUk96-2NmXBaI1oPM-5-c

5 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

This is a discussion happening right now in NH where the first phase of reopening allows restaurants to open up outside seating areas only on May 18. 

The second phase still being discussed would open indoor dining areas to open but with major restrictions to the number of people allowed in at one time.  Some restaurant owners are saying they may stick with takeout and delivery instead because, while they're staying afloat doing that now (and that's best case) it's simply not profitable for them to open up further under such limited circumstances. 

Some of my favorite restaurants in the Orlando area have chosen to remain take out only.  One owner I know said he will wait until 75% is allowed inside before starting dine in.  He's done a great job adapting to take out and doesn't want to rush things.

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Parts of those flower quilts have to be replaced frequently.  We were watching a crew replacing some this year near the beginning of the show and we asked a cast member who was working on it.  She said that throughout the show they replace sections almost every day.  I guess they figured it wasn't worth that.

4 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Some of my favorite restaurants in the Orlando area have chosen to remain take out only.  One owner I know said he will wait until 75% is allowed inside before starting dine in.  He's done a great job adapting to take out and doesn't want to rush things.

I expect that will be the case with a lot of restaurants here as well.  Some weren't able to adapt to doing a good enough takeout/delivery business to keep that going and temporarily closed.  I expect those places may attempt the limited opening - although I don't know how well that will go and I expect some of them just won't make it sadly. It's another case of not just throwing the doors open when you're "allowed to".  Even those restaurants doing ok with takeout have learned they have to change SOP.  For many that means changing up their menus, usually whittling them down to the most popular items only, and some have taken on doing the delivery themselves instead of relying on the delivery services that take a (sometimes sizable) cut. 

It took our local favorite restaurant (who has a handful of places throughout the state) a few weeks to figure out how to make it work for them but they are doing a decent business now. Their owner said he's not inclined to partially open until we're at a point that it's profitable - which isn't just how many people are *allowed* inside, but how many people will actually show up. We've done some takeout over the past couple of months, probably about as much as we did normally, but while we miss dining out, neither of us are anxious to go sit in a dining room now and won't likely be for some time until we see how all this "opening up" shakes out.

1 minute ago, djsamuel said:

Parts of those flower quilts have to be replaced frequently.  We were watching a crew replacing some this year near the beginning of the show and we asked a cast member who was working on it.  She said that throughout the show they replace sections almost every day.  I guess they figured it wasn't worth that.

That makes sense. The festival was scheduled to end June 1 anyway, and it seems super unlikely we'll see parks open before that at this point.

22 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Here in Tampa at some of the areas with a lot of small mom and pop restaurants the city is blocking off the streets to allow them to expand outside dining areas.

But one person they interviewed said what happens if the inside is at their reduced capacity cap and the weather outside turns bad suddenly (not uncommon here in FL)? 

They can't move the people indoors, do they refund $$ if the people haven't been served, do they comp the diners something if their dining is cut short?

Some are having the commercial larger ez-up type canopies erected, but they will be un-bearably hot if they can't have fans running creating a breeze.

I saw in the Netherlands they are enclosing the outside tables in small clear vinyl greenhouse type structures.  Can you imagine sitting in one of those in FL?

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

Here in Tampa at some of the areas with a lot of small mom and pop restaurants the city is blocking off the streets to allow them to expand outside dining areas.

Winter Garden is doing that for Mother's Day and there's a 70% chance of rain...so it probably will be a big flop.   

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

But one person they interviewed said what happens if the inside is at their reduced capacity cap and the weather outside turns bad suddenly (not uncommon here in FL)? 

They can't move the people indoors, do they refund $$ if the people haven't been served, do they comp the diners something if their dining is cut short?

Some are having the commercial larger ez-up type canopies erected, but they will be un-bearably hot if they can't have fans running creating a breeze.

I saw in the Netherlands they are enclosing the outside tables in small clear vinyl greenhouse type structures.  Can you imagine sitting in one of those in FL?

Great question!  Definitely a whole other set of things to consider, particular in FL where the weather is a huge factor.

There's a proposal on the table up here in Manchester to close a chunk of Elm (the main) street where the biggest concentration of restaurants are to give places expanded outside dining.  The proposal actually predates the pandemic - I think they were originally thinking just on the weekends - but it's getting a lot more attention now.  EZ ups here would work for shade and rain for a little while (we haven't hit a stretch of highs in the 60s yet), but we had a really long stretch last summer in July-August+ where it was as hot here as it was in FL. 

7 hours ago, djsamuel said:

I read it and agree.  I just think they are trying to figure out what they can do.  Disney Springs is also a bit unique since there are so many outside businesses there and are allowed to open to 25% capacity if Disney would allow it.  Personally, I think that would be a mistake.  The crowds would too easily get out of hand.  Also, a restaurant at 25% capacity (plus outdoor seating) can't be very profitable if they could even break even.  large stores like World of Disney would really find it difficult to control social distancing.  I just think at best it would be a PR nightmare.

I agree with you. 

We will see for ourselves in a couple weeks:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/disney-springs-begins-phased-reopening-on-may-20/

TCD 

Hey for us campers, its pretty easy...  Night before last, I loaded up the wife, daughter and her roommate into the motor home and drove the 15 miles from our house to Bonefish Grill to eat.

We had the parking lot to ourselves, where I found a place out of the way so as not to impede on the other takeout diners.  I dropped the levelers, extended the large slideout and one of the smaller ones, and we enjoyed a nice meal that was still warm when we got it.  It had begun to sprinkle rain and wind was starting to pick up, but we were high, dry, and filled when we left.

3 minutes ago, Duane said:

Hey for us campers, its pretty easy...  Night before last, I loaded up the wife, daughter and her roommate into the motor home and drove the 15 miles from our house to Bonefish Grill to eat.

We had the parking lot to ourselves, where I found a place out of the way so as not to impede on the other takeout diners.  I dropped the levelers, extended the large slideout and one of the smaller ones, and we enjoyed a nice meal that was still warm when we got it.  It had begun to sprinkle rain and wind was starting to pick up, but we were high, dry, and filled when we left.

Brilliant!  

Disney Begins to Survey Guests About Returning to Walt Disney World

Just days after a sweeping survey was sent out to Universal Orlando guests about their desire to return to the resort, Walt Disney World has begun to survey guests about their upcoming reservations and how the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic might affect them.

According to screenshots sent in by a reader, Disney has sent out a survey to guests with July arrivals, asking for their feedback on a variety of scenarios.

Assume the Following

Each of the questions asked guests to assume the following:

• Stay-at-home restrictions have been lifted and you are able to travel
  • No restrictions in Central Florida prevent you from traveling to the area
  • Travel providers and Central Florida attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, will have implemented a new set of health and safety measures (such as all employees and customers wearing face coverings, enhanced disinfecting and cleaning of facilities, limiting capacity and density of large gatherings, etc.)

These assumptions not only rely on government lifting restrictions, but for travel providers such as airlines to implement strict guidelines for travel. Also of interest is that the survey assumes guests will be wearing masks. It doesn’t ask if you’d like to wear a mask, but rather assumes that guests will be required to wear a mask. This would align with the policy in place for a phased reopening of Disney Springs.

How Committed Are You to Your Current Plans?

One of the questions asked guests how committed they are to keeping their current plans. This is a good question to gauge the “pent-up demand” that Disney CEO Bob Chapek said that the company believes exists.

disney-coronavirus-survey-july-arrival-1

What Would Make You Consider Keeping…or Cancelling Your Vacation?

The next two questions provide a long list of scenarios that might make a guest more inclined to keep or cancel their vacation. Some scenarios include travel restrictions, advanced reservations to enter the theme parks, attraction and entertainment availability, mandatory safety precautions, presence of a virus treatment, testing availability, health and federal official guidance, and job security.

What will make you keep your vacation plans?

disney-coronavirus-survey-july-arrival-3

What will make you cancel your vacation plans?

disney-coronavirus-survey-july-arrival-2

Before we close out, a couple of things are important to note. First, this is just a survey. It doesn’t suggest that certain measures will be put in place when the theme parks reopen, but it is meant to get a feel for what Disney guests with existing reservations are currently thinking. Second, this survey may have been sent out to other guests with reservations outside of July. We were sent this survey for a reservation made in late June and into July, but the presence of a July date in the questions doesn’t necessarily mean that July is when Disney will reopen the parks.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/disney-begins-to-survey-guests-about-returning-to-walt-disney-world-in-july/?fbclid=IwAR0MT4HXcqkrpl70NuGpWer7LgakNvWLOAYs-H9d0vYhgeFIxjYYhFmOyT4

I would be more inclined not to go just because it would be hot as crap rather than worrying about the virus...  

I'm still trying to piece together a trip to the Fort in November...  I've got the front end and the back in taken care of.  Just need to take care of 3 days in the middle. I'm just about to turn this over to Jason and let him have it.

24 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

The comments are great on that article.  I would wear a mask in a crowded place simply to not chance getting sick while on trip. Its like wearing shoes...you don't plan on stepping on anything sharp but if you do its nice to wear them. 

In fact, thats my new fight! Shoes are against my rights!

50 minutes ago, Beckers said:

That was good entertainment. Especially the lady saying she spends $10k a year there, does she not realizes that’s like nothing to Disney 😂

I bet for some with a large family that could be just one trip

8 hours ago, Beckers said:

Hardly even need a large family! I think we were at $6k with the 4 of us!

I know what you mean and it really does not take much with hotel and tickets, we never add in our DVC cost as we should and don't get me started on dinning