IMHO. They should open the parks to people who are willing to sign a liability waiver and give employees the choice of whether to work or not.  And provide masks, and EDUCATION to all arriving guests.  

I saw a couple of posts (nothing official) that suggested this might be something you will have to do to gain access to the parks and resorts, giving up any possibility of suing Disney.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added it to the fine print when purchasing tickets and making reservations.

And I'm sure all the theme parks and any place (stadiums, concert halls, etc.) with crowds will be looking at doing the same thing.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

I see the masks being worn simply protect the people that have to work in the store in case YOU have it. I don't want to be so selfish that I won't think of the people who are working to provide food and services for us when they may be scared to even go to work. 

Does having to wear a shirt in the store strip your liberties? 

If so let's go topless for COVID!

Where does the sex trafficking come in?

Are you ok?

That's one of the biggest problems with this virus, so many people have possibly had it, currently have it, and it was so mild or they are asymptomatic that they may have been spreading it and not even known it.

They are just now looking at people that were sick in the US back in October and November thinking they may have had mild cases back then and no one knew what it was.

I know someone that a good chunk of their office was sick with similar symptoms to Covid/flu back in November, they were told it wasn't the flu and to just take OTC meds and rest.  Drs. didn't know what it was.

2 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

I see the masks being worn simply protect the people that have to work in the store in case YOU have it. I don't want to be so selfish that I won't think of the people who are working to provide food and services for us when they may be scared to even go to work. 

Does having to wear a shirt in the store strip your liberties? 

If so let's go topless for COVID!

Where does the sex trafficking come in?

Are you ok?

Ah... see, I love it when people call those who don't want to wear a mask, selfish.  And then to equate it to wearing a shirt is even better.   Sure, you wearing your mask will make all the difference;  please feel free to fill that way.  Again, never before have we been required to wear masks and yet, pathogens have always been around.  What it does, is help you feel as though you're doing something, which is fine and you are welcome to make that choice. 

If I have to explain how reducing the level of requirements for those individuals who will be in charge of the children forcibly removed from family's homes (love how you skipped over that part), how that will contribute to the number of children who are kidnapped and placed into the ring of sex trafficking... then I truly cannot help you.

Holy crap.

This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog.

What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even common sense. 

Disney would be crazy to try to open theme parks in this atmosphere.  

TCD

Just now, Travisma said:

That's one of the biggest problems with this virus, so many people have possibly had it, currently have it, and it was so mild or they are asymptomatic that they may have been spreading it and not even known it.

They are just now looking at people that were sick in the US back in October and November thinking they may have had mild cases back then and no one knew what it was.

I know someone that a good chunk of their office was sick with similar symptoms to Covid/flu back in November, they were told it wasn't the flu and to just take OTC meds and rest.  Drs. didn't know what it was.

Of course it's been around longer... we discussed this several weeks back.  What this shows us, is that this virus is not as dangerous as we were told.  Knowing that it's been circulating, that it's infected more than originally thought and thousands more have survived... it shows that this virus does not warrant the control that is being placed on the American people.  The list is SO long.  The economic devastation that has caused an increase in depression and suicides, domestic abuse has spiked, substance abuse has increased, the diseases that have not been treated because they were not "essential" (my sister-in-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 6 weeks ago, but she has been "on hold" because they consider the surgery to try to remove the cancer as non-essential).  Folks have been feared into not going to the hospital, even though heart attacks, strokes, the rest of life's ugly sicknesses are still happening.  Schools are a hot mess.  Education budgets are blown and reduction will be made because there is no money.... yet there's a bill on table to monitor, test and quarantine the American people from this virus, at the tune of $100 BILLION per year.  I mean... the list goes on an on.  It's insane. 

30 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Of course it's been around longer... we discussed this several weeks back.  What this shows us, is that this virus is not as dangerous as we were told.  Knowing that it's been circulating, that it's infected more than originally thought and thousands more have survived... it shows that this virus does not warrant the control that is being placed on the American people.  The list is SO long.  The economic devastation that has caused an increase in depression and suicides, domestic abuse has spiked, substance abuse has increased, the diseases that have not been treated because they were not "essential" (my sister-in-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 6 weeks ago, but she has been "on hold" because they consider the surgery to try to remove the cancer as non-essential).  Folks have been feared into not going to the hospital, even though heart attacks, strokes, the rest of life's ugly sicknesses are still happening.  Schools are a hot mess.  Education budgets are blown and reduction will be made because there is no money.... yet there's a bill on table to monitor, test and quarantine the American people from this virus, at the tune of $100 BILLION per year.  I mean... the list goes on an on.  It's insane. 

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side.

And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of caution.

Carrying this thread on without it being directly related to Disney isn't going to do anyone any good and end up causing hurt feelings.

If Disney says masks on and someone doesn't want to wear one, then they don't have to go. 

Same as people saying that Disney is too $$$, if you don't want to pay don't go.

And Disney will need to enforce their rules (whatever they decide on).

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not coming down from the government. As for the whole "stop being a scared sheep who believes the hype" thing... I'm not touching that argument in an internet forum with a 10' socially-distanced pole. People can decide for themselves who/what sources of information they think are credible enough to believe and what level of caution is appropriate for them and their family, and proceed accordingly. And while I certainly don't know everything (or even close), I do know that I will never convince someone to change their mind or consider another point of view by typing on a keyboard.

What I do believe is that a bazillion dollar corporation like Disney is not sacrificing hundreds of millions of dollars of their bottom line because they're buying into any sort of hype of unfounded fear.  If they made all their business decisions based on popular opinion or social media, plenty of ideas they've put in place over the years never would have made it off the drawing board. 

My point here was just to say that if a private company tells you that you must do XYZ to enter their establishment (shirts, shoes, masks, whatever...), that is their right, just as it is ours to choose whether or not to go there and abide by their rules. You can boycott them if you like, also your choice/right. No one is entitled to access to Disney.

52 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Because there is no cure. The flu has many treatment options.  It's a pandemic, its temporary and I'm surprised by your fear. 

31 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Because there is no cure. The flu has many treatment options.  It's a pandemic, its temporary and I'm surprised by your fear. 

I am not fearful, I am angry.  There is a difference.  Of course there is no cure for SARS-CoV-2, it's a virus.  The same as influenza, there is no cure, only treatment options.  Treatment options are becoming more obvious with this current virus as well.  Doctors are now understanding that putting patients on ventilators is rarely the best course of action and that this virus may gain access through the respiratory system but that it is, quite likely, a cardiac issue. 

49 minutes ago, Travisma said:

If Disney says masks on and someone doesn't want to wear one, then they don't have to go. 

Same as people saying that Disney is too $$$, if you don't want to pay don't go.

And Disney will need to enforce their rules (whatever they decide on).

I agree completely.  Even though I do not believe that masks are beneficial, believe it or not I do fully respect a private company's right to institute their own policies.  It's what makes me both a capitalist and a staunch supporter of our constitution and (more importantly) the rights outlined in that document. 

43 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

What I do believe is that a bazillion dollar corporation like Disney is not sacrificing hundreds of millions of dollars of their bottom line because they're buying into any sort of hype of unfounded fear.  If they made all their business decisions based on popular opinion or social media, plenty of ideas they've put in place over the years never would have made it off the drawing board. 

I believe I've made this comment before, but it's always about the money.  People with more money than we'll ever understand, have their hand in how all of this is being controlled.  Period.    Unless you're on the board of Disney, we will never know all the details, but I fully expect that Disney will receive some sort of federal aid (how every that might look), by staying close.  Additionally, they were looking to save themselves from being sued, by staying open and folks saying that they contracted the virus while visiting one of the parks.  It will be interesting however, to see how this all plays out.  Back in 2016, the media focus at that time was BLM.  I hated that movement and not for what it stood for (on the face of it), but for who stood for it.  I remember telling folks that BLM was a political move, that my African American friends (well, not them because most of them actually agreed with me), but African Americans in our country were being used as a political pawn.  When people started pointed out the possibility of protesters being bused from location to location and that they were being backed by those in favor of the democratic party, it was a called a "conspiracy theory".  All I said was, well... let's see what happens after the election.  We all know what happened after the 2016 election: crickets.  While discrimination does happen, the BLM movement was a smoke screen to try and get folks to vote a certain way.   It's interesting to watch the relationship between the WHO and countries that either embrace communism or totalitarianism... then watch to see how the CDC might follow.  Look at that, and consider those governors that are showing the greatest resistance against opening up their states and consider the election coming up.  It's all interesting (albeit dangerous) to say the least.  

I understand that most of us have strong opinions, so I'm not going to continue to push the point.  I've had the opportunity to meet several Fiends and do truly consider those folks friends, so I am in no way meaning to upset anyone.  My deepest concern, is with what I see happening in our country, which is constitutional freedoms being trampled on.  That, my friends, is a very dangerous path.  The only thing I would encourage each of us to do (if not continue to do), is to thoroughly research on our own.  I'm not sure what everyone else has seen, but I have personally watched/had YouTube and FB remove videos/posts that they don't agree with.  Most of them are simply people stepping out and voicing concerns over what they've seen.  I'll link a video, from a senate judiciary hearing.  Before experiencing censorship first hand, I would not have given as much weight to this hearing... which I'll admit is pretty sad on my part.

With regards to Disney and masks, as I said above, they most definitely have the right to enact that policy.  People don't have to go, but we all know that there will never be a shortage of guests at WDW... masks or no masks. 

From what I understand, me wearing a mask probably will not protect me from catching the covid-19 virus.  But If I have the virus and cough or sneeze, it will help other people a lot by keeping the germs near my face and they will not travel several feet from me.  Thereby helping keep others from catching this disease.

I have read what others have gone through when they have been sick with covid-19 and do not want to find out for myself if they are being truthful or not.

The only cure/help, as I see it, will be when a vaccination is available for those willing to be vaccinated.   Even though I know several people who don't get the flu vaccine I hope most of us do.

3 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

From what I understand, me wearing a mask probably will not protect me from catching the covid-19 virus.  But If I have the virus and cough or sneeze, it will help other people a lot by keeping the germs near my face and they will not travel several feet from me.  Thereby helping keep others from catching this disease.

I agree with what you’re saying. 
but please educate yourself on how to properly wear and handle a mask.  If you handle it incorrectly you will still spread germs. 

I wear a mask when I go into a store that requires it.   Or a store that is busy.   

In Oklahoma the guideline is to wear a mask when you can’t stay 6’ away from others. 

it’s not mandatory and I like the fact that it’s not the government telling us what to do.  I agree with Nacole, I’m not mad that a private business tells me to wear a mask. But it bothers me that government does. 

As far as WDW is concerned.   We are not going until everything is back open.  Attractions, resorts, restaurants, bars, etc.   

Not because I’m worried about catching covid19 or giving it to anyone, because if we can’t do the fun things we like to do what’s the point.

And if they open everything back up and we have to wear a mask, ok we will wear one,  if not we won’t.  

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Agreed.  Then again, I think this is where we should be, with the entire country. Those governors who are keeping their states closed, it's about control and the amount of damage that they are doing is immense.  This is a virus, people understand that; citizens need to be allowed to make their own choices.

Because it's not about the mask, Mo.  I know you have to understand that.  I don't wear a mask.  Never have, nor do I have any plans to.  This includes not going back to Costco (until they remove the mask requirement)  for which we've been a member of for 25+ years (before it even was Costco as I'm from the PNW).    We've always had viruses, yet never have we been required to wear a mask.  Even the CDC and Surgeon General didn't require masks, until a few weeks ago when (in my opinion) we started to get a better grasp on what this virus was and confirmation on who it was truly affecting, at that point Americans started to panic a little less and started to push for things to open back up.   At that point, the decision came down, that the general public should be wearing masks.  All this does in bolster fear as folks believe they need a mask, to be safe.  This simply is not true... or if it is true, why has it not been suggested (or required) earlier as our country has experienced some brutal flu season that cost America many lives... and those lives were across the board on the demographics, not primarily focused on one group (thus making it easier for a sector of the population to choose to isolate).  As for the argument that I hear some say, well the flu is not an aerosol transmitted pathogen, of course it is.  Even our government recognizes this.  My favorite argument for the differences between SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza, is that 80% (or more) of individuals who contract this current coronavirus, either have mild or no (they are asymptomatic) systems.  All this does, is reinforce that fact that this virus is of no treat to a majority of the population.... which goes back to my original point, Mo.  People are not "losing their damned minds" over wearing a mask, they are angry over the amount of control being enforced and they... we... should be.  In my home state of Washington, the governor has announced that starting this week, he is implementing mandatory testing.  A policy that he is carrying out with such force, that he has the National Guard ready to step in and enforce his rule.  If necessary, they will go door to door.  If you test positive, he says he will remove people from their homes so that they can be forced to isolate at a location that the State of Washington has created.  There are facilities already set up.  They will removed children from homes and place them under the custody of DCYF.  Could you imagine?!   They come to your home, test you, you are positive for this virus (but have no symptoms because most people do not) and they take your children.  Not only are that doing that, but because they are expecting to take so many children and they are in a rush to find adults to watch these babies, the governor has waived requirement for this care givers.  Here is what the proclamation states:     

"Waiving licensing requirements for healthcare workers
This proclamation waives requirements necessary for health care workers to remain licensed to practice in the state, including ongoing training and continuing education requirements. These waivers will deliver much needed relief to an increasingly taxed health care system, allowing workers to focus on providing care to Washingtonians during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Waiving requirements for child care and background checks
This proclamation waives several requirements for licensed childcare workers, including requiring federal fingerprint background checks before completing the licensing process. This responds to an increased need for childcare during the COVID-19 emergency, increasing availability by allowing workers to be more easily licensed to provide care to those who need it."

Fantastic, right?  This should be real good, for the sex trafficking business.  Please do not tell me that this is not happening, the hell it's not.   My family is still in Washington, my friends are still in Washington.... they.are.fighting.... because this is happening. 

We all should pray, that we don't have a loved one get sick.  Not only did 1.4 million health care workers loose their jobs in April (which means we should hope that someone, who is qualified, is there to help us if we need it), but family is not allowed in the hospitals.  Two conversations I had recently:  a girl whose grandmother passed away; her grandparents had been married for over 50 years and her grandfather was not allowed in the hospital.  Could you imagine?  You've done this life, with your person, for over 50 years and you're not there there to make sure that they are not in pain, that they are not scared, that they are not... alone.  You don't get to say goodbye, to the person that you've. done. life. with.   They are ALONE.   Another woman who I spoke with, her closest friend just lost their grandbaby.  They were not allowed in the hospital.  They had to stay outside in the parking lot, while their grandchild was inside.. dying.  THIS IS NOT OKAY.  But his is what fear does.  The same fear that tells everyone they must wear a mask, is destroying our country... and not from the deaths is causing, but from the liberties that are being stripped.  It needs to stop.

Sorry folks, but this is scarier than the transmission of any virus.....

3 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I agree with what you’re saying. 
but please educate yourself on how to properly wear and handle a mask.  If you handle it incorrectly you will still spread germs. 
 Thank you for this advice that I have already done.

I wear a mask when I go into a store that requires it.   Or a store that is busy.   
I wear a mask when I leave my car.  And I do not go many places anyway.

In Oklahoma the guideline is to wear a mask when you can’t stay 6’ away from others. 

it’s not mandatory and I like the fact that it’s not the government telling us what to do.  I agree with Nacole, I’m not mad that a private business tells me to wear a mask. But it bothers me that government does. 

As far as WDW is concerned.   We are not going until everything is back open.  Attractions, resorts, restaurants, bars, etc.   

Not because I’m worried about catching covid19 or giving it to anyone, because if we can’t do the fun things we like to do what’s the point.

And if they open everything back up and we have to wear a mask, ok we will wear one,  if not we won’t.  

I think back to when seat belts for cars first came out.  Our car didn't have them, it was older, so I bought them for the front seat and made my parents wear them.  I was good with  the government telling me to wear one and very happy when they were automatically put in back seats too.  People who ride motorcycles and don't wear helmets , in my opinion, are not making a wise choice.   Btw I am 78 years old.

26 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I have read what others have gone through when they have been sick with covid-19 and do not want to find out for myself if they are being truthful or not.

The only cure/help, as I see it, will be when a vaccination is available for those willing to be vaccinated.   Even though I know several people who don't get the flu vaccine I hope most of us do.

If you walk into a grocery store and can smell the produce, the virus will pass through your mask in either direction.....

3 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Good to know.  Thank you.

It was a revelation to me - I guess I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the actual size of things I can't see.....

3 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I'm actually on my way to Costco now, does anyone need anything? 

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, bleach, flour, yeast and any kind of meat.

Annnnnnnd...... go!

:ROFLMAO-1:

Paper towels.

I did like this comment from the Disney Parks Blog comments:

"I find it remarkable that the same people that will wear ridiculous ears, hats, costumes, robes etc in the Florida heat are takings issue with wearing a face covering."

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

IMHO. They should open the parks to people who are willing to sign a liability waiver and give employees the choice of whether to work or not.  And provide masks, and EDUCATION to all arriving guests.  

I saw a couple of posts (nothing official) that suggested this might be something you will have to do to gain access to the parks and resorts, giving up any possibility of suing Disney.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added it to the fine print when purchasing tickets and making reservations.

And I'm sure all the theme parks and any place (stadiums, concert halls, etc.) with crowds will be looking at doing the same thing.

We have a seasonal campsite and we allowed in on 5/2 (seasonals only) and had to sign a waiver as long as my camper saying we won’t sue them if we get covid 19

3 minutes ago, Beckers said:

We have a seasonal campsite and we allowed in on 5/2 (seasonals only) and had to sign a waiver as long as my camper saying we won’t sue them if we get covid 19

I'm sure legal departments all over are drafting coronavirus waivers for all kinds of businesses. Heck I'm on the board of an animal rescue group and we're having to come up with one for volunteers that interact with the public.

I have to believe that the next wave of class action lawsuit ads on TV will start with, "Did you or someone you love get COVID-19?..."

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I've always carried a paper towel or napkin (honestly, if I still had my grandmother's...I"d carry a hankey), this allows me to cover any sneezes or coughs, which is the concern with any aerosolized virus, it's not the act of breathing in and out. 

As for the vaccine, everyone will get that choice.  I'll have a problem if it's mandated however....I will caution because even the "experts" are not sure on the efficacy of a vaccine.  Actually, they say it may make the virus worse: 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/fauci-tells-congress-no-guarantee-the-coronavirus-vaccine-will-be-effective.html?fbclid=IwAR0ILT6sUEG9nZYLz3UzcEoK9-S-8TnF9ekg4U7oc6EfPHJUU2trUhu4rOU