When we go if just the wife and I we still get a 1 bedroom, if the boys join us we do the 2 bedroom ( like the extra space ) Once we were going with camping friends and their 2 girls so we offered to try for a Grand Villa ( 3 bedroom ) but after really looking into it, it was actually cheaper to get two 2 bedroom units plus I also felt the separation time might be needed, then they said can we bring the dog??? So we brought the campers which was the original plan

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

I’ve seen some rumors floating around that WDW could be reopening in late April or at least sometime in May. 

Nope. 

Up to this week, they were still housing about 1000 international CM’s from Italy, France, and the UK, which I took as a sign that they were hoping to reopen sooner rather than later. That changed this week, and they all got noticed they were canned and would need to vacate the premises by next week. 

Also this week, they officially canceled all College Program arrivals for May. Not postponed. Canceled. Those kids were told that they will not be working at WDW unless they reapply for a future date. 

This means they really can’t reopen in May, because they won’t have a workforce in place. It also means that if they do open in June, it would have to be in a very limited capacity because they simply can’t staff all of the parks and resorts. 

And, without the DCP kids, that will be a problem all summer  

TCD

In a related story, take this for what it's worth...

EPCOT’s Norway and Germany Cultural Representative Programs Now Accepting Applications for Positions Starting in August

If Disney Internships & Programs’ recent announcement regarding temporary suspensions had you a little concerned, you are not alone. Alas, have no fear… the show will go on! Disney Careers is now accepting submissions for their highly-acclaimed Norway Cultural Representative Program and Germany Cultural Representative Program at the EPCOT World Showcase. Throughout this one-year work experience, participants are afforded the opportunity to share their culture and customs with visitors from all over the world. Positions are scheduled to start between August and November 2020, however do note that this is not indicative of a potential reopening date.

There are eight independent participant companies that have contracts with Disney, selected for the exceptional talents that they offer from their home countries. Cultural Representatives working in these areas are employees of the Operating Participant company. However, they are still considered a part of Disney International Programs.

Norway Cultural Representative Program

Basic Qualifications:

• To be eligible to apply, you MUST:
  • Speak English fluently.
  • Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
  • Be able to authentically represent Norway.
  • Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
  • Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.

Additional Information:

• Applicants will be required to upload their Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application.
  • Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $13.00 per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
  • Positions start between August and November 2020.

Germany Cultural Representative Program

Basic Qualifications:

• Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
  • Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.

Additional Information:

• Note: Applicants will be required to upload their Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application.
  • Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $13.00 per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
  • Positions start between August and November 2020.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/04/norway-and-germany-cultural-representative-programs-are-now-accepting-applications/?fbclid=IwAR057sxVc-FgQy_0ei8Jff0Jt1VcNYvCXEyH62gJq8SzkbvU7eqp_EIMrxk

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I’ve seen some rumors floating around that WDW could be reopening in late April or at least sometime in May. 

Nope. 

Up to this week, they were still housing about 1000 international CM’s from Italy, France, and the UK, which I took as a sign that they were hoping to reopen sooner rather than later. That changed this week, and they all got noticed they were canned and would need to vacate the premises by next week. 

Also this week, they officially canceled all College Program arrivals for May. Not postponed. Canceled. Those kids were told that they will not be working at WDW unless they reapply for a future date. 

This means they really can’t reopen in May, because they won’t have a workforce in place. It also means that if they do open in June, it would have to be in a very limited capacity because they simply can’t staff all of the parks and resorts. 

And, without the DCP kids, that will be a problem all summer  

TCD

Well there are plenty of out of work people in that area.

But they may not want to work for low wages, and they may not meet Disney standards

For those of you local to WDW...

Speedway Gas Stations near Disney Springs and Disney's BoardWalk Resort Closed Until Further Notice

While all Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, and resorts have been closed to Guests for weeks, a very limited number of essential Cast Members and local residents continue to drive around the area daily; as a result, two of the three Speedway gas stations on property continued to operate until now.

Earlier today, the Walt Disney World Resort confirmed that the Speedway gas station located near Disney's BoardWalk Resort is now closed until further notice (the Disney Springs location closed a few weeks ago). The Speedway gas station located near the Magic Kingdom Park is open from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/04/speedway-gas-stations-near-disney.html?fbclid=IwAR2FaVkG9Cctq0XJZzCYAuZ4BUMPB7ynASEMWVZJkXGHDXKUgEfQSdY7l4g

I’m going to add to the confusion. 
A Disney friend told me today that WDW has posted park hours. 
Posted hours begin May 3, 2020. 

I don’t remember where he told me he say it but I checked disneys website and yes. They now show park hours starting May 3rd. 

I am cautiously optimistic this means anything but just wanted to share. 

we have rescheduled our Easter trip. 
First to May 23-30, 2020 and now to June 3–13th, 2020.   Keeping my fingers crossed. 

We were supposed to be at the Fort for Spring Break and have not rescheduled.  It is hard to know when we could go back without first knowing what will happen with school (ours is cancelled for the year now) and sports.  Some districts are already making plans for not starting on time in the Fall as well.  (Kill me now ;)  )

We had 8-day hoppers which i have now changed to APs thru DVC.  So when we do go back our APs will be activated at that point.  

15 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’m going to add to the confusion. 
A Disney friend told me today that WDW has posted park hours. 
Posted hours begin May 3, 2020. 

I don’t remember where he told me he say it but I checked disneys website and yes. They now show park hours starting May 3rd. 

I am cautiously optimistic this means anything but just wanted to share. 

we have rescheduled our Easter trip. 
First to May 23-30, 2020 and now to June 3–13th, 2020.   Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'd be willing to bet that those park hours will disappear for May before long.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your June trip too!  

15 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Hotel reservations aren’t available till June 1st. So maybe, wishful thinking, they are going to take the limited staff they have and open the parks. And then as they bring on laid-off and new employees they will reopen the resorts. 

I think a June 1st opening is likely the soonest we'll see.

32 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'd be willing to bet that those park hours will disappear for May before long.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your June trip too!  

I think a June 1st opening is likely the soonest we'll see.

The thing that’s interesting is that they were just put up.
when do they normally post the months park hours?

for example, when will December’s park hours be posted?

On 4/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Germany Cultural Representative Program

Basic Qualifications:

I wonder how the Norwegians not to mention Germans will feel about this?

Construction contimues.

Grandma and I just got back from a ride, stayed in the car, and construction continues at the new College Program Dorms, the garage (or whaever it is ) at Fantasia Golf and several other sites that we could see.  One day next week we will drive over by DHS and see if there is still activity at the new Resort.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
corrected typo
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disney-world-universal-orlando-theme-235826843.html

50% capacity in phase 1! This actually sounds wonderful. I'm in.

Right?!!    Mercy... could you imagine.  It would be like the "old days" :lol:

How do you think they will determine who the 50% will be?  First come, first served, admission by "boarding" group similar to RofR, Florida residents, annual passholders, DVC members, or a combination of any/all of these?

7 minutes ago, Duane said:

How do you think they will determine who the 50% will be?  First come, first served, admission by "boarding" group similar to RofR, Florida residents, annual passholders, DVC members, or a combination of any/all of these?

Initial info I've seen points to opening with Florida residents only first.  Given other travel restrictions, that may be pretty much the only people coming anyway unless other things change.  I don't think the first phase will last very long unless there is a sharp increase in infections.

15 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disney-world-universal-orlando-theme-235826843.html

50% capacity in phase 1! This actually sounds wonderful. I'm in.

We were supposed to be there this week. While 50% sounds great by the time they open it will be to hot and I am done with hot Disney. We have a fall trip planned so I will wait for that one.

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

We were supposed to be there this week. While 50% sounds great by the time they open it will be to hot and I am done with hot Disney. We have a fall trip planned so I will wait for that one.

It was nice at Thanksgiving last year. Just warm enough to swim, but not hot.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

It was nice at Thanksgiving last year. Just warm enough to swim, but not hot.

We love Thanksgiving time - all of November really.  It's usually plenty warm enough for us to swim - although we're from NH.  😎

Except that one time about 10-ish years ago when it was bloody cold (even for us), but that only lasted a few days before it warmed up again.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, djsamuel said:

.  Given other travel restrictions, that may be pretty much the only people coming anyway unless other things change.  I don't think the first phase will last very long unless there is a sharp increase in infections.

Airlines are seeing bookings for late June, July and August increasing already so there may be more "Northerners" than you think..

Unless Disney puts in some sort of residency check in place,  the parks will fill up to whatever capacity is decided on by people from all around the globe.

A lot of the "experts" have been saying all along that people will be reluctant to visit the parks until there are some sort of method to make them safe.

These "experts" obviously don't belong to any of the Disney FB pages or blogs.  Most of those people are chomping at the bit to go and could care less about social distancing, cures, or anything virus related. 

Heck, if they were told they had to lick handrails to gain access they would do it! 

I like Disney, but I'm not in the same class as those fanatics.