TRUE OR FALSE? Guest Demands Stay at Cinderella Castle Due to Park Closure; Dis-Community Responds

With the historic closures of all Disney Parks around the world, a vast number of guests have been affected having to cancel, cut short, or reschedule their magical vacations.

This current worldwide Coronavirus pandemic is affecting us all in some way or another. Massive corporations like Disney included. That being said, what is the appropriate response to these challenging times?

A post that has recently gone viral shows what we deem the improper response to this situation. Its virality is further proof that the majority agrees with the nonsense this guest is demanding.

WARNING: Adult Language Content Ahead

My (36F) husband (40M) called me a "psycho bitch" for demanding the Cinderella castle suite from a Disney customer service rep https://t.co/jogI4zYd5J pic.twitter.com/lapg1aBpmB

relationships.txt (@redditships) March 15, 2020

This guest, a 36-year-old mom, states that when she reached out to Disney to rectify the “hardship her children are facing” due to the closures of the resorts and therefore cancellation of her visit, their offer of a refund or rebooking was clearly not enough. She further discloses her demands to the company that to make it up to her, they should allow her to stay in the exclusive suite inside Cinderella Castle.

In her Reddit post, the woman shared:

“’I said the only way to make up for the hardship my children are facing is to provide us with a truly unforgettable experience, one that goes beyond the standard trip and will completely wash away the painful memories that will undoubtedly stay with them for years. What better way to do so than to stay in the castle of Cinderella herself?’

The social media backlash floodgates opened with Redditors and Twitter users alike bashing this ludicrous behavior. The woman even noted her husband was appalled. She started her Reddit post by stating: “I am writing this in the bathroom because I just got into a huge argument with my husband and I don’t know what to do.” And he was definitely not alone.

Twitter user @daake07 replied to the tweet by saying: “Two things, you are crazy if you think Disney owes you anything for not wanting to break quarantine and population limits. Second, you’re even more crazy if you thought a vacation with kids was going to help your rocky marriage. There may be nothing more stressful than that.”

The people calling this fake have never been screamed at by a middle age white lady for something that is not your fault

— dakota layne (@dakotalayne96) March 15, 2020

Some even wondered if her post was real or if maybe an anonymous user was simply trying to stir the Dis-community pot by making such ridiculous demands.

i…want to say this can't be real but i guess like some people be all i want lifetime disney+ and the penthouse suite

— internet jew (@tashakaminsky) March 15, 2020

The post has since been removed by the Reddit Community. However, you can still see the comments and the post with the continued conversation on Twitter. It surely struck a chord; real or not.

Angry Guest Makes Demands to Disney Reddit Screnshot Credit: Reddit

Disney is working hard to do what they can in their power to help all the families and guests that were affected by these unprecedented circumstances.

Oh Reddit... a constant source of entertainment and open-mouthed head shaking.

You can betcha bottom dollar that she's not the only one that's going to try something like this with Disney, or any other company they feel "wronged" by in all this. All the other chaos aside, I feel badly in advance for the CM's that are going to have to deal with people like this when things start to reopen (if they haven't already).

What are the odds this woman is standing in a Costco right this minute hurling curses at a poor employee who is trying desperately to stay 6' away from her, demanding that they provide her with a free state-of-the-art gaming system, 72" HD TV and a month's supply of their best snacks to make up for the "trauma" caused to her precious snowflakes for not having their usual cushy toilet paper in stock.

🤣

I have no problem believing it’s true. 

As many of you know TCD Twin #1 worked her way up to being a Magic Kingdom Guest Relations Castmember about two years ago, which she thought was a dream job. 

Unfortunately, the job has not been a dream because of a large number of guests who are unreasonable and rude. It surprises even a cynical person like me to hear what people try and pull at the guest relations windows. It is unpleasant and time consuming to deal with this type of guest, and there are a lot of them who will head to another park and find another guest relations CM to try to convince them to give them a different answer. 

I agree that it’s going to be even worse when the parks finally reopen. People suck. 

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

I have no problem believing it’s true. 

As many of you know TCD Twin #1 worked her way up to being a Magic Kingdom Guest Relations Castmember about two years ago, which she thought was a dream job. 

Unfortunately, the job has not been a dream because of a large number of guests who are unreasonable and rude. It surprises even a cynical person like me to hear what people try and pull at the guest relations windows. It is unpleasant and time consuming to deal with this type of guest, and there are a lot of them who will head to another park and find another guest relations CM to try to convince them to give them a different answer. 

I agree that it’s going to be even worse when the parks finally reopen. People suck. 

TCD

This is so true and I commend her and all the guest relation cast members who do this every day and still do it with a smile, I could never do this and would probably be fired the first day ( if not the first hour ) listening to people stretch the truth to gain freebies or upgrades :aggressive:

4 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

This is so true and I commend her and all the guest relation cast members who do this every day and still do it with a smile, I could never do this and would probably be fired the first day ( if not the first hour ) listening to people stretch the truth to gain freebies or upgrades :aggressive:

Same with me. 

The sad thing is that Disney goes above and beyond with customer service, but it’s never enough for some people. 

TCD

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Same with me. 

The sad thing is that Disney goes above and beyond with customer service, but it’s never enough for some people. 

TCD

And these entitled people always start out with "my kids/husband/great aunt/etc" are the ones that need/want the special consideration, even though it's the Karen that wants the CM to give them the world!