WDW opening date rumors

On a different note... anyone taking bet if Disney is doing work while the parks are closed down?  I mentioned earlier that I hoped they used this time to do some repairs and much needed cleaning/facelifts in certain areas.  The parks are huge and they could easily keep employees several feet apart.    It would seem like such a good time to tackle some of these projects.

Guess time will tell...

26 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On a different note... anyone taking bet if Disney is doing work while the parks are closed down?  I mentioned earlier that I hoped they used this time to do some repairs and much needed cleaning/facelifts in certain areas.  The parks are huge and they could easily keep employees several feet apart.    It would seem like such a good time to tackle some of these projects.

Guess time will tell...

They stopped all construction projects.  Can’t believe those castle painters couldn’t keep 6 feet apart.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They stopped all construction projects.  Can’t believe those castle painters couldn’t keep 6 feet apart.

See... I just don't get that.

We've only done one day at the parks (MK) in the past 18 months, but before that had APs back to back and I remember often walking around thinking that some areas looked really sad.  They just needed a good scrubbing, a few boards replaced, some new paint... nothing huge or too terribly expensive, just a little work that (I figured) was tough to do with the parks busy every. single. day.    Now they've been empty for days and days and no work is getting done?  That would be a shame :(

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

See... I just don't get that.

We've only done one day at the parks (MK) in the past 18 months, but before that had APs back to back and I remember often walking around thinking that some areas looked really sad.  They just needed a good scrubbing, a few boards replaced, some new paint... nothing huge or too terribly expensive, just a little work that (I figured) was tough to do with the parks busy every. single. day.    Now they've been empty for days and days and no work is getting done?  That would be a shame :(

Not sure if regular type maintenance is or isn't getting done.

They stopped all the big projects with multiple workers, Tron, Guardians, Ratatouille, EPCOT demo, etc.

I would imagine as long as the workers can practice safe distancing (remember when the push was safe sex :P)they should be able to do those refreshes the parks so sorely need.

8 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I don’t know if this means anything but got an email from wyndham bonnet creek that said they, bonnet creek, are closed until May 1st.  

Day by day things change, especially down here.

Tampa is starting a curfew and stay at home tonight, but Hillsborough County where Tampa is, has been refusing to do anything.  They are supposed to look at some sort of change at a meeting today.

The Tampa Bay Times a usually pretty liberal Democratic leaning paper,  has surprisingly been siding with the Governor with his decision not to issue a statewide stay at home order.  There is a petition with over 250K signatures asking the governor to reconsider his decision.

Pinellas County across the bay from Hillsborough is starting a curfew and stay at home today.

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

I would imagine as long as the workers can practice safe distancing (remember when the push was safe sex :P)they should be able to do those refreshes the parks so sorely need.

Can't lay my hands on where I read it, but I saw something that said that Disney shut down all construction projects when the new guidelines came down that groups should be limited to no more than 10 people.  

DL shut theirs down too, but that may have been when the state went on lockdown - not sure which came first.

5 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Can't lay my hands on where I read it, but I saw something that said that Disney shut down all construction projects when the new guidelines came down that groups should be limited to no more than 10 people.  

DL shut theirs down too, but that may have been when the state went on lockdown - not sure which came first.

That is true, that's why all the big projects shut down.

But they still have workers in the parks, don't need a large group to scrub, paint and do repairs.  

Orange county is instituting the non essential order so now they probably can't have workers in the parks other than security.

37 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Orange county is instituting the non essential order so now they probably can't have workers in the parks other than security.

Yes apparently the county had to clarify that their latest order includes the theme parks, which means WDW cannot open before April 9th

I know someone whose DH works security part-time and he's currently not working and has yet to be given a schedule to go back.  She says much of the security details in the parks now are actually county, not Disney.  She speculated that it's because county officers are armed where Disney security is not.

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yes apparently the county had to clarify that their latest order includes the theme parks, which means WDW cannot open before April 9th

I know someone whose DH works security part-time and he's currently not working and has yet to be given a schedule to go back.  She says much of the security details in the parks now are actually county, not Disney.  She speculated that it's because county officers are armed where Disney security is not.

I did see a FB post where people were cruising around the property and ran into a roadblock manned by the Sheriffs or troopers heading towards the Contemporary.  They turned around.

5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I did see a FB post where people were cruising around the property and ran into a roadblock manned by the Sheriffs or troopers heading towards the Contemporary.  They turned around.

I saw one where some [bites tongue] was trying to get footage for his YouTube/blog/whatevs at the Swalphin and was arguing with security insisting he was doing nothing wrong and that he has a "great relationship with Disney" and that this was for his "job". He even tried to shake one of the security guards hands - the guy took 2 steps back and said "sorry"...

This is why we can't have nice things.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Hmmm, their Emperor doesn't want them open by Easter?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.. lol.  Easter doesn't mean much to Buddhists. Anyway, gave me a giggle for the morning. 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Actually Easter is HUGE at the Tokyo Parks. They do way more there than at the US parks. The TCD twins were in Tokyo last year at this time and were floored by the decorations and Easter parade. 

TCD

Japan has embraced the secular side of a number of US holidays frequently adding their own homegrown twist as well.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

That is when reservations at the resorts are starting for the special dining plan deal if you had a previous cancelled reservation. No mention if you can get just a reservation earlier without the deal. 

So far it seems you can look before that but there is 0 availability.