7 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Walt Disney World Now Only Accepts New Reservations Starting July 1st

https://dapsmagic.com/2020/05/walt-disney-world-now-only-accepts-new-reservations-starting-july-1st/

Also announced on the local Orlando news.

I've seen that in a few places, but of course there are people saying that they just got reservations in June...

Now they may have meant that they got them earlier for June,  and they may be surprised to find them cancelled like Disney is doing for the May reservations.

I believe I posted that in a thread on here. I know I posted it on my Facebook Business page. 

For a day or so after they announced that a full lockdown of the booking system hadn't been completed. 

I will also add they told travel agents any further cancellations will be done on a week by week basis the way they are currently. 

Walt Disney World Senior VP Thomas Mazloum told the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force this morning that Disney does not have an opening date or anything further to report at this time.

Mazloum specifically stated that by taking bookings for July 1, it does not mean that Walt Disney World be open at that time. He made similar comments a few weeks regarding the June 1 booking window that Disney opened and has since closed.

Thomas Mazloum reports to Walt Disney World President Josh D'Amaro, specifically overseeing operations for Transportation, Resorts and Premium Experiences.

Disney is taking first steps to reopening Walt Disney World with phased opening of Disney Springs beginning May 20 2020.

Article Posted: May 12, 2020 / 10:03am ET

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/12may2020-disney-senior-vice-president-tells-task-force-that-july-resort-bookings-does-not-mean-the-parks-will-be-open.htm?fbclid=IwAR30yIi172OdNihZpzJVCrEof6V13m_HILVzFyIce4LzJ4LKi8QW-ON9b3c

During today’s Task Force meeting, Vice President of Walt Disney World Thomas Mazloum reiterated that the booking of reservations starting on July 1 is not necessarily indicative of a reopening date:

“We have taken reservations for July, but that should not mean we are operating in July yet. As you all saw on the news yesterday, we’ve opened up Shanghai, which went extremely well. We were very prudent… and very, very conservative and things went extremely well, but at this point we have really nothing to report about Walt Disney World yet. As we have said continuously, we will allow data to guide us as well as the government and not a specific date. Just wanted to make sure we had clarity around that.”