Disney Cruise Line Cancellations as of September 15

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

WOW, but probably very smart thinking on their part.

Cruise ships are just giant floating petri dishes during the best of times. Can imagine what it would be like now...

Carnival is August at the earliest, Norwegian is July/August time frame.

Currently the CDC reccomendation (as far as I can remember and unless it has changed) is 7/24

Just checked this morning for something to do, and it looks like the fleet is spread out all over the place...

The Wonder is still cooling her heels outside of San Diego

The Dream is at the dock in Port Canveral

The Fantasy is outside of Puerto Cortes, Honduras.  I think they dropped off some crew in Cozumel recently.

The Magic is moored in Ponta Delgada, Portugal.

From some of the stuff I've read, the Fantasy and Magic were on repatriation cruises to get their crew back to (or close to) their homes...

1 hour ago, Duane said:

Just checked this morning for something to do, and it looks like the fleet is spread out all over the place...

The Fantasy is outside of Puerto Cortes, Honduras.  I think they dropped off some crew in Cozumel recently.

From some of the stuff I've read, the Fantasy and Magic were on repatriation cruises to get their crew back to (or close to) their homes...

Interesting!  I think someone posted that 3 of the ships were in Port Canaveral very recently.  I guess they didn't stay for long.

Moving crew around makes sense, especially if they're not going to be taking passengers out anytime soon. That's a heckuva a "lift home".  🙂 

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Interesting!  I think someone posted that 3 of the ships were in Port Canaveral very recently.  I guess they didn't stay for long.

Moving crew around makes sense, especially if they're not going to be taking passengers out anytime soon. That's a heckuva a "lift home".  🙂 

They are definitely returning CM's to ports where they can get home. I have a friend on the Magic. 

4 hours ago, Duane said:

The Magic was scheduled for a Transition Cruise anyway had they still been sailing. They do that every May to start the European cruises, it's scheduled for May 9th again in 2021..  The Wonder keeps going in and out of Port in San Diego since there are only 3 piers to allow other ships in. They are all probably restocking and refueling. It's probably going to be a confusing summer for them since they have to depend on Vancouver to open up.  The Fantasy is now on it's way to Rotan and as you said it just left Puerto Cortes.  The Magic, Dream and Fantasy were all in Canaveral last week. Made a pretty picture on the morning news.

16 hours ago, Duane said:

I also read somewhere that the Magic was also supposed to go to drydock somewhere is Spain to get some minor updates...  

May be last minute since the had a May cruise scheduled. 

EDIT:  It's scheduled for September, before it heads back to the US.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
Added info
1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Interesting!  Seems like a heckuva long ride to just drop off some crew. Any other reason they might be headed that way?

Don't remember many Aussies on the ships when we cruised.   Definitely a long ride....

Screenshot%202020-05-19%20at%2012.35.41.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated info posted to the DCL site today...

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert

June 2, 2020 – 10 AM

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of New Departures from Canada through September 14, 2020, and All Other Departures through July 27, 2020

On May 29, 2020, the Canadian government extended its decision to not allow cruise ships to dock in Canadian ports through October 31, 2020. As a result, it is necessary for us to cancel Disney Wonder sailings scheduled to embark and/or debark in Vancouver through September 14, 2020. We are also evaluating the Disney Magic sailings scheduled to visit Canadian ports this October, but have not made changes to any itineraries at this time. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

As we previously shared, with the well-being of our Guests, Crew Members and Cast Members our top priority, and in line with direction from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has suspended all other new departures through July 27, 2020 at this time.

Guests booked on affected sailings will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. These Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call us at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

Below is a list of impacted sailings:

Disney Magic

May 30-June 6

June 6-13

June 13-22

June 22-July 1

July 1-13

July 13-18

July 18-25

July 25-Aug. 5

Disney Wonder

June 1-8

June 8-15

June 15-22

June 22-29

June 29-July 6

July 6-13

July 13-20

July 20-27

July 27-Aug. 3

Aug. 3-10

Aug. 10-17

Aug. 17-24

Aug. 31-Sept. 7

Sept. 7-14

Sept. 14-18

Disney Dream

June 1-5

June 5-8

June 8-12

June 12-17

June 17-21

June 21-26

June 26-July 1

July 1-5

July 5-10

July 10-13

July 13-17

July 17-20

July 20-24

July 24-27

July 27-31

Disney Fantasy

May 30-June 6

June 6-13

June 13-20

June 20-27

June 27-July 6

July 6-11

July 11-18

July 18-25

July 25-Aug. 1

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/advisory/

We are scheduled to sail on the Fantasy August 8th.  It will be our first Disney cruise and my DS's first cruise ever.  Wish we could get some information on what conditions will exist for the cruise.....

On 6/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, kadancer said:

We are scheduled to sail on the Fantasy August 8th.  It will be our first Disney cruise and my DS's first cruise ever.  Wish we could get some information on what conditions will exist for the cruise.....

Based on the Orlando News stories I don't think they really know yet. All the Cruise Lines and the Port are getting more and more upset everyday with the CDC because of the no sail order and no additional info.