Disney Cruise Line Cancellations as of September 15

12 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But that is European control isn't it since DCL is an English Company?  The last Cruise was an Oct transition.

Here is the notification that went out today from the travel agent site. 

UPDATE – June 8, 2020: Disney Magic Sailings Suspended Through October 2, 2020

All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your clients are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.

With the wellbeing of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Disney Cruise Line is extending the suspension of Disney Magic up to and including the October 2, 2020 sailing. This means that your clients’ sailing has been cancelled.

In light of this cancellation, for your clients who are not paid in full, we will automatically refund any payment made toward the booking. This refund will be processed back to the original form of payment, but may be delayed due to the high volume.

For your clients who are paid in full, we are offering them the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing that commences prior to March 31, 2022, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to their account. You may place a reservation on hold for your clients by applying it as a payment option when booking a new reservation online at DisneyTravelAgents.com. 

For your clients who purchased the Adventures by Disney Cruise or Escape Package on six of the sailings as part of their vacation, the package will automatically be refunded back to the original form of payment.

Impacted departures include:

8/5 – 8-Night Northern Europe 

8/13 – 7-Night Northern Europe

8/20 – 10-Night Northern Europe

8/30 – 7-Night Norwegian Fjords

9/6 – 7-Night British Isles

9/13 – 5-Night Western Europe

10/2 – 10-Night Westbound Transatlantic

Adventures by Disney Cruise or Escape Packages

8/5 – 8-Night Northern Europe:  8/2 Copenhagen Escape and 8/5 Northern Europe Cruise Package

8/13 – 7-Night Northern Europe:  8/10 Copenhagen Escape and 8/13 Northern Europe Cruise Package

8/20 – 10-Night Northern Europe: 8/17 Copenhagen Escape

8/30 – 7-Night Norwegian Fjords:  8/28 London Escape

9/6 – 7-Night British Isles:  9/4 London Escape

9/13 – 5-Night Western Europe:   9/11 London Escape

If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please contact a member of our reservation team at 1-866-325-6685 or 407-566-7797.

Please note that we will continue to protect travel professionals’ commission on the original sailing that is paid in full and cancelled by Disney Cruise Line. For reservations that were booked using a Future Cruise Credit from a sailing previously cancelled by Disney Cruise Line, commission on a second sailing will be earned only if the sailing commences and will not be earned if the sailing is cancelled by Disney Cruise Line. In this instance, commission will be paid following the standard commission payment process. 

Thank you for your and your clients’ patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming them aboard as soon as we can and making magic for them and their loved ones.

*The Future Cruise Credit is equal to 125% of your clients’ original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable.  The FCC is only valid for sailings departing prior to March 31,2022. Your clients’ original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If your clients end up not being able to use the FCC, they will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of their original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC.

8 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Based on the Orlando News stories I don't think they really know yet. All the Cruise Lines and the Port are getting more and more upset everyday with the CDC because of the no sail order and no additional info.  

Thanks for the info.  My grandma always said "patience is a virtue."  Not sure she knew how much of it I would need.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Fantasy sitting at Anchor at CANAVERAL

20200611_133943.jpg

She will be sitting for a while longer.  We just got notification that our August 8th sailing has been cancelled.  Evidently,  they followed the guidelines of the cruise line association and have suspended sailings through mid-September.  I have a very disappointed 20 yo who saved for this trip for 2 years to celebrate his 21st birthday....

On 6/20/2020 at 12:55 PM, kadancer said:

She will be sitting for a while longer.  We just got notification that our August 8th sailing has been cancelled.  Evidently,  they followed the guidelines of the cruise line association and have suspended sailings through mid-September.  I have a very disappointed 20 yo who saved for this trip for 2 years to celebrate his 21st birthday....

I'm so sorry.  I'm sure that news was very tough for him :(    Our cruise is scheduled for the first week in December, it's an anniversary trip for my parents and with my mother's health, she is concerned that if we don't go now, she will be unable to.   All that to say, I understand the disappointment and am so sorry for your (not so little) man.  I pray his birthday is blessed ❤️

On 6/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I'm so sorry.  I'm sure that news was very tough for him :(    Our cruise is scheduled for the first week in December, it's an anniversary trip for my parents and with my mother's health, she is concerned that if we don't go now, she will be unable to.   All that to say, I understand the disappointment and am so sorry for your (not so little) man.  I pray his birthday is blessed ❤️

Thanks for your kind words.  He is beginning to rebound and we are trying to figure out a new time to cruise.  I hope that everything is sorted out before your sailing date.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

NaCole, AM I READING CORRECTLY?  ARE YOU GOING ON A CRUISE? And, yes, I meant to shout because I am totally shocked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

NaCole, AM I READING CORRECTLY?  ARE YOU GOING ON A CRUISE? And, yes, I meant to shout because I am totally shocked.

Sorry...we’ve been in the road.

Yes, I understand the shouting...pretty crazy, right? 😄  Mom and dad want to take the whole family on a cruise, for their anniversary.  If we go, I may have to start drinking.  That and the poor pup will need to be drugged for 4 days 😕

On 9/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sailings onboard the Disney Fantasy will be cancelled through December 6; the Disney Dream and Disney Wonder through December 11; and the Disney Magic through December 12.

Yep.  Didn't have to worry about a place for the dog (or my being on a ship)... after all.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I've got some kayaks and a canoe if you all want to take an adventure on the rivers of FL complete with gators, and snakes and spiders that drop from overhanging trees! :ROFLMAO-1:

Haha... thanks for that offer!  Pretty tough to pass up :lol: