19 minutes ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

I will say less than 100.  Not enough places opening to cause a rush.  I can’t wait to see the report regardless.

Apparently only 44 according to the local news and none are DISNEY owned until later.

https://www.wesh.com/article/disney-springs-whats-open/32599852

10 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Yensid meant how many people,  not shops. I saw 50 places open Grumpy close to what you are reading too. I think 100 people sounds about right  

I know, that was why I posted the list. He said that not enough would be open

This is from an article posted yesterday

There had been rumblings that guests would be greeted by some special team of Cast Members when Disney Springs reopens tomorrow at Walt Disney World. Well, the rumblings were true and we’re getting a first look at this reassigned team of Disney employees that will help keep guests safe while visiting the shopping, dining, and entertainment district:

disney-springs-covid-19-reopening-team.j

About 50 establishments open tomorrow at @DisneySprings Greeters will be roaming the entertainment district reminding folks to practice social distancing.@fox35orlando #FOX35 #WDW pic.twitter.com/AaoDtvzRFe

The team, consisting of former Resort Children’s Activities Cast, “will bring their magic of engaging Guests in fun and caring ways to provide a helping hand in select areas. They have a understanding of enhanced health and safety procedures, and will throw in some pixie dust for good measure”.

So basically, they’ll remind guests to partake in safe practices like wearing masks and staying far apart, but do so with the Disney service and smile we all know and love.

Of course, stick with WDWNT as we will have multiple reporters on the ground at Disney Springs starting May 20th to bring you all the possible coverage of the first phase of the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort.

Interesting article

https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/05/19/disney-springs-what-you-need-to-know-for-its-partial-reopening/

Is Disney Really Serious About Making Everyone Wear a Mask?

If you are ages 3 and up, yes.

But What If I Don’t Want To/Don’t Think I Can/Am Concerned About the Heat?

As someone who is not a fan of wearing masks (even though I accept they are necessary when I do go out), my plan is to stay home. Any of the items that I could shop for in person at Disney Springs, I’m able to purchase online. Many of the dining establishments that I’d eat at during a visit to Disney Springs have comparable alternatives that I can order takeout from in the surrounding area. Because this is not a forever rule, there’s nothing wrong with waiting until another time to visit Disney Springs.

But if you still really, really want to go and are concerned about spending all day wearing a mask in the heat, here’s something to think about.

We surveyed our TouringPlans Twitter followers to see how long they typically spend on a visit to Disney Springs. Here’s the results.

IMG_5005-700x573.jpg

Of those surveyed, the common comment was that at least some of that time was spent dining, and when you are seated to eat, you are not required to wear a mask. Because some of the stores where guests would tend to spend a lot of time will not be open for this initial reopening phase, I’d expect people would be trending towards the lower side of the scale, and so we’d see people spending around 2-3 hours at most at Disney Springs, with an hour or so of that mask-free for dining. During that time, should you feel overheated, there will be stores that you can stop inside to cool off as needed. And as always, common sense says that if you are there and feel unwell, you can certainly return to your vehicle for a few minutes to remove your mask, or possibly try another day.

Changes at DS

Trash Can Lids Have Been Removed

For guests’ and Cast Members’ safety, you’ll notice Disney Springs has their trash can lids so that disposing of trash will now be hands-free.

Water Fountains Are Turned Off

Another thing that was mentioned at the Disney Springs preview is that water fountains have been shut off completely for the time being. We previously wondered if Disney would do this to water fountains. We’re expecting they’ll be covered in some way to indicate they’re currently out of service. So far, Disney has installed several handwashing stations (like the ones we saw appear in the parks shortly before the closure began).

Hand washing stations places throughout @DisneySprings Just one aspect of increased cleanliness and sanitation measures. @fox35orlando #FOX35 #WDW pic.twitter.com/mp3ectJza8

— Robert Guaderrama (@RobGuaderrama) May 19, 2020

We’ll be curious to see if Disney Springs provides an alternative source of drinking water, such as portable water stations.

35 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Is Disney Really Serious About Making Everyone Wear a Mask?

If you are ages 3 and up, yes.

Universal wasn't letting anyone into City Walk without one either.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I watched videos of universals city walk on the day they opened and it looked pretty empty. And boring. 

Agreed.

I can see people maybe going to DS for dining, but I can't imagine a lot of folks wanting to go through the rigamarole just to go shopping there.  And with so much still closed and no entertainment, I don't see a huge draw for crowds.

27 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Universal wasn't letting anyone into City Walk without one either.

Agreed.

I can see people maybe going to DS for dining, but I can't imagine a lot of folks wanting to go through the rigamarole just to go shopping there.  And with so much still closed and no entertainment, I don't see a huge draw for crowds.

BUT IT'S DISNEY!!!!!!  

So many people have been having withdrawals they will go if 1 shop opened!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

BUT IT'S DISNEY!!!!!!  

So many people have been having withdrawals they will go if 1 shop opened!

Meh.  The parks are one thing, walking around a half (or less) open DS.... pass.  Sure World of Disney will be open for people needing some kind of Disney fix, but do I want to dance around a bunch of other shoppers trying to socially-distance (or worse, not trying) or make faces every time I see someone touching all the plush Mickeys?  Nope.  Especially when you can get pretty much anything in that store online right now. And dining out just doesn't sound fun at all right now, even at DS.

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Scanning through Twitter looking at pics and videos from WDWNT and DFB. Looks like handfuls of people here and there but nothing resembling "crowds".  Have to say I was surprised by how many people were in Basin, but hey - soap!

It's early yet, see what happens around dinner time...

3 hours ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

So was under or over 100 lined up to get in a winner?  Looks like less to me.  

I haven't seen any pictures or videos that look to have anywhere near 100 people in them

I did see this and all I could think of was "I don't know what store they're going into but no... just no."

I didn't see any campouts or hear of any issues.  

The one thing I was blown away by, at 11:30 there was a super long line to get into Blaze pizza. Yes. 

Now I like Blaze fine on a pinch, but waiting for it? Its like subway for 🍕.  

Different strokes.