Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I didn't see any campouts or hear of any issues.  

The one thing I was blown away by, at 11:30 there was a super long line to get into Blaze pizza. Yes. 

Now I like Blaze fine on a pinch, but waiting for it? Its like subway for 🍕.  

Different strokes.  

Might've been the least expensive place to eat that was open.

A woman on FB posted a picture from Blaze, and in the background was some vlogger that she follows.  She had the full getup, the iPhone in some sort of cage with a handle and light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I didn't see any campouts or hear of any issues.  

The one thing I was blown away by, at 11:30 there was a super long line to get into Blaze pizza. Yes. 

Now I like Blaze fine on a pinch, but waiting for it? Its like subway for 🍕.  

Different strokes.  

Um, if I'm going to go through the hassle of going to DS right now it's going to be for a really good meal, not kinda-decent pizza.  DFB posted a review of their experience at Wine Bar George and it actually seemed pretty nice. They seem to have a system that's not super weird, anxious or COVID-y. And "George" himself was even there to greet people - from 6' away with his mask on of course.

The oddest thing I saw yesterday was a photo someone posted of a family with 8 young kids (looked to be 2 adult women with them) who setup a hibachi on a table outside Cookes of Dublin and was grilling hot dogs over an open flame.  The photo showed 3 Disney CMs in masks talking to them - no idea what was said other than maybe "um ladies, you can't setup a campfire here". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

 

The oddest thing I saw yesterday was a photo someone posted of a family with 8 young kids (looked to be 2 adult women with them) who setup a hibachi on a table outside Cookes of Dublin and was grilling hot dogs over an open flame.  The photo showed 3 Disney CMs in masks talking to them - no idea what was said other than maybe "um ladies, you can't setup a campfire here". 

From what I could gather reading posts from people who were there and others familiar with the faith, those people were Hasidic Jews and they were making their own Kosher meals.  The fact they felt the need to cook in Disney Springs, let alone on an open flame BBQ, and in front of a restaurant no less (that was not open) just blows my mind.  Disney always has Kosher meals available, or they could have brought some food that did not require a BBQ, or they could have eaten before they got there.  This is the kind of publicity Disney does not want.  I saw a later photo from someone walking by that showed more people there "addressing" the situation. 

My wife and I are planning on stopping by tomorrow morning.  I don't feel like going on the weekend.  Maybe I'll bring my crockpot! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, djsamuel said:

The fact they felt the need to cook in Disney Springs, let alone on an open flame BBQ, and in front of a restaurant no less (that was not open) just blows my mind.  Disney always has Kosher meals available, or they could have brought some food that did not require a BBQ, or they could have eaten before they got there. 

Yes, this! I don't know what makes anyone think that this is a good idea when there are a ton of other possible options.

23 hours ago, djsamuel said:

My wife and I are planning on stopping by tomorrow morning.  I don't feel like going on the weekend.  Maybe I'll bring my crockpot! 😀

I will give you a dollar for a picture of that! 

:ROFLMAO-1:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yes, this! I don't know what makes anyone think that this is a good idea when there are a ton of other possible options.

I will give you a dollar for a picture of that! 

:ROFLMAO-1:

 

We did go on Friday.  It was very nice and not crowded.  Everybody was adhering to the rules and were polite; both the workers and guests.  The entry was a breeze; quick and easy.  

I made sure to walk to the scene of the BBQ crime. 😀  All of the tables at that spot were gone.  All of Raglan Road is still closed so they removed all of the tables around there.  Guess that won't be happening there again. 

Several restaurants were open and the lines weren't bad/non existent.  The only lines were at Earl of Sandwich and Blaze Pizza; and they were more caused by the 6' rule than by crowds.  Overall it was very nice getting back, although a little strange driving the empty roads of Disney World. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report.  I wondered how Earl of Sandwich would handle things.  It is one of my fave places for lunch.

i wonder how World of Disney will operate when it opens.  
 

So, how many do we think lined up for opening day?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i love Disney as much as the next person, but if I lived in Florida and stuff was just starting to reopen, I would be supporting the locally owned small businesses before heading to DS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kadancer said:

i love Disney as much as the next person, but if I lived in Florida and stuff was just starting to reopen, I would be supporting the locally owned small businesses before heading to DS.

Totally agree.  I will not be heading to Disney anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kadancer said:

i love Disney as much as the next person, but if I lived in Florida and stuff was just starting to reopen, I would be supporting the locally owned small businesses before heading to DS.

That is what we did.  Ate somewhere else than headed over to walk around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Just drove by DS and there were closed signs on Orange and Lime garages.  What time does DS open?  Time was about 10 minutes before noon.

Open at 10, but they are limiting capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 7:04 AM, djsamuel said:

I made sure to walk to the scene of the BBQ crime. 😀  All of the tables at that spot were gone.  All of Raglan Road is still closed so they removed all of the tables around there.  Guess that won't be happening there again. 

LOL!  Was there a sticky note on the sign on the way in that said "and also no BBQs"?

On 5/24/2020 at 9:49 AM, YENSIDCAMPER said:

So, how many do we think lined up for opening day?

Oh that's a horse of a different color. Allofthepeople X7 LOL

Actually if they're going to do like Shanghai and require reservations for the parks to limit capacity, it probably won't be that terrible. 

If the resorts don't open at the same time as the parks, they can weed out the people showing up without reservations at the toll plazas.  Now THAT might be where it gets interesting.

And if the resorts do open at the same time they can always check before they let you get on the bus/boat/monorail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...