WDW , UNIVERSAL & SEA WORLD to present reopening dates on Thurs.

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Officials from Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld will present plans for reopening to the Orange County reopening task force on Thursday.

https://www.wesh.com/article/disney-reopening-plans-presentation/32617745

4 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Only Universal tomorrow and Disney said I a meeting with Pence today they are in no rush. 

Yep the story changed:

2 hours ago - The county said theme parks must provide a proposed opening date when they present to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. The county initially said Disney would be among the presenters at the meeting, but Disney tells WESH 2 News they do not have plans to present a proposed reopening date.

I’d wait too if I was disney. They might find out that opening Disney Spingarn was a horrible idea, or have ideas of how to make things work better when the parks/resorts open. If they put a date out and then have to push it back people will complain. 

45 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I’d wait too if I was disney. They might find out that opening Disney Spingarn was a horrible idea, or have ideas of how to make things work better when the parks/resorts open. If they put a date out and then have to push it back people will complain. 

Agreed.

They already saw back at the start of this that throwing possible dates out and then having to change them didn't go over well.

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Yep the story changed:

2 hours ago - The county said theme parks must provide a proposed opening date when they present to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. The county initially said Disney would be among the presenters at the meeting, but Disney tells WESH 2 News they do not have plans to present a proposed reopening date.

Could also be that Disney wants to let Universal be the guinea pig when it comes to park reopening.

12 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Could also be that Disney wants to let Universal be the guinea pig when it comes to park reopening.

That’s 100% my plan. NJ is starting to open some things (like the beaches/boardwalks which is pretty much what NJ is all about for Memorial Day weekend) and they are crowded. We plan on just laying back and hiding at our campsite and waiting to see what happens with these reopening sand crowds of people. If in 2 weeks numbers don’t explode I’ll expand our outings. But I didn’t spend 8 weeks home to screw it up now for my family.

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Seaworld is also not presenting tomorrow. 

Hmm... sounds like the initial hubbub over "announcements" may have been optimistic at best.

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

That’s 100% my plan. NJ is starting to open some things (like the beaches/boardwalks which is pretty much what NJ is all about for Memorial Day weekend) and they are crowded. We plan on just laying back and hiding at our campsite and waiting to see what happens with these reopening sand crowds of people. If in 2 weeks numbers don’t explode I’ll expand our outings. But I didn’t spend 8 weeks home to screw it up now for my family.

Completely agree!!

Restaurants opened around here for outdoor dining this week, but I'll be sticking with takeout a little while longer.  Hair salons reopened a week ago and heaven knows I need as my last appointment was in February, but I'm not rushing back just yet.  I figure in a week or 2 I'll see where things are at and proceed accordingly.  DH is surviving with my expert-level hair trimming skills (HAHAHAHA - thank goodness for hats) and I've got a pile of scrunchies and am pretending the gray roots in the mirror are just "highlights". 

6 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... sounds like the initial hubbub over "announcements" may have been optimistic at best.

Completely agree!!

Restaurants opened around here for outdoor dining this week, but I'll be sticking with takeout a little while longer.  Hair salons reopened a week ago and heaven knows I need as my last appointment was in February, but I'm not rushing back just yet.  I figure in a week or 2 I'll see where things are at and proceed accordingly.  DH is surviving with my expert-level hair trimming skills (HAHAHAHA - thank goodness for hats) and I've got a pile of scrunchies and am pretending the gray roots in the mirror are just "highlights". 

You could go the Heidi route

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/05/9827847/heidi-klum-highlights-at-home-social-distancing-instagram

or this

https://www.inquisitr.com/6063624/heidi-klum-social-distancing-highlights-instagram/

I dyed my wife's hair for her a couple of weekends ago

16 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Completely agree!!

So far down here we've eaten at Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel and our favorite Italian Restaurant in Winter Springs that just reopened.  All three experiences have been excellent.  They are doing a great job.  Olive Garden in Clermont was especially creative.  You pulled into the parking lot and followed the signs to an outdoor check in tent.  You checked in while still in your car, and then parked where they told you to.  You then walked to the door and waited outside.  Within a minute, someone came to the door with printed throw away menus to take you to your table.  The menu was reduced in terms of selection but still had a nice variety.  The food was great as was the service.  All three restaurants went out of their way to make sure you took your time and to make sure you realized how much they appreciated our business.  Won't hesitate to go again.  No if the local Chick Fil A would open dine in that would be great.

13 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Olive Garden in Clermont was especially creative.  You pulled into the parking lot and followed the signs to an outdoor check in tent.  You checked in while still in your car, and then parked where they told you to.  You then walked to the door and waited outside.  Within a minute, someone came to the door with printed throw away menus to take you to your table.  

Texas Road House is doing the same, you can even stay in your car and they call your cell phone when your table is ready or you can sit in the outdoor waiting area. They even had picnic tables with EZ ups for outside dining.

No news yet about Universals plans.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/05/21/from-gatorland-to-universal-orange-county-theme-parks-make-big-moves-toward-reopening?utm_source=feature&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures&utm_content=HomeTopFeature

From Gatorland to Universal, Orange County theme parks make big moves toward reopening

Like it or not, inexorable movement continues toward "reopening Florida," and that includes some area theme parks and attractions getting closer and closer to swinging their doors wide-open.

A clutch of area attractions, including Gatorland, Fun Spot America and ICON Park presented their case on Monday to the Bringing Back Tourism working group, outlining new protocols and procedures planned out. These attractions are pushing to be open by this holiday weekend, but is the Social Distancing Skunk Ape really ready to face the crowds?

Orlando Mayor Demings didn't exactly say no, but he didn't exactly say yes either, when he cautiously answered, “It’s possible, but there’s a lot that’s got to get done,” Wednesday, reported the Orlando Sentinel.

Meanwhile, during Mike Pence's big unmasked adventure in Orlando Wednesday, tourism bigwigs presented an array of possible scenarios for opening during a roundtable discussion with the VP and Gov. DeSantis.

The Orlando Business Journal reported that SeaWorld's interim CEO Mark Swanson offered up June as their earliest possible opening date, with an all-clear nod then needing a few weeks to get employees back.

Disney exec George Kalogridis played his cards a little closer to the chest, per ClickOrlando. He talked about eventual plans to reopen at around 20 percent capacity as Disneyland Shanghai is currently doing. with guests wearing masks. No specific dates were given.

Universal Orlando is moving more quickly, with word coming from the Sentinel that the park will be submitting its reopening plan to Demings' Economic Recovery Task Force today, making them the first major theme park to do so. Complete with an opening date. During the Pence roundtable Wednesday, Executive Vice President and Chief Administration Officer John Sprouls pointed to the opening of CityWalk as an indicator of success of Universal's new guidelines.

Buckle up, everyone. Looks to be a very eventful long weekend.

Universal to reopen on JUNE 5th.

Universal Orlando has targeted June 5 as its date to reopen after being shuttered for months due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-orlando-targets-june-5-theme-park-reopening-1295507

12 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Universal Orlando has targeted June 5 as its date to reopen after being shuttered for months due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-orlando-targets-june-5-theme-park-reopening-1295507

Important to note that still has to be approved by the governor. 

14 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Very true, but as was mentioned on another site, "doubtful he will say NO".. unless there is a major "uptick" in cases

34 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Much earlier than I thought.  DIS will probably give them a week or two head start to see what happens as others have mentioned.  

Maybe we will see the Fort this summer 🤔 

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Texas Road House is doing the same, you can even stay in your car and they call your cell phone when your table is ready or you can sit in the outdoor waiting area. They even had picnic tables with EZ ups for outside dining.

Thanks.  We've been wanting to go there as well.

53 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

It's a given that he will approve it, he wants the economy to start rebounding.

Remember, FL lives on all of the taxes that the tourists generate by spending at shops or the various hotel taxes.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

It's a given that he will approve it, he wants the economy to start rebounding.

Remember, FL lives on all of the taxes that the tourists generate by spending at shops or the various hotel taxes.

It's official:

Universal Orlando will open June 1 just for employees as a dry run of sorts and then on June 3, some invited guests will visit. The park will then open to the public on June 5, officials said.

3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

It's official:

Universal Orlando will open June 1 just for employees as a dry run of sorts and then on June 3, some invited guests will visit. The park will then open to the public on June 5, officials said.

BDM's are asking Travel Agents to not post this as a done deal still as it has not yet been approved. Will it be? Most likely. But I can not find anything stating the Governor has signed off yet. Till he does it is not official. 

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

O.M.G. that is both hilarious and disturbing.  LOL

I could do it at home, I used to all the time in my younger days, but it never came out anywhere near as good as the stylist I've been going to for the past 20+ year.  For sure I'm not cutting my own hair.  That just has "5 year old finds the scissors" disaster written all over it. 🤣

17 hours ago, PghBob said:

Just received this morning a cancellation notice from Disney regarding our June 11 thru June 20 trip.  Maybe in the Fall?

Fingers crossed for fall!!

Disney's taken park hours off the site through 6/13 so far, and I've seen other reports of people's reservations cancelled the first 2 weeks of June. So assuming Universal's plans are approved (agree that's likely) then it looks like Disney is going to sit back and see what happens for at least a week or so, although I still won't be surprised if it's longer than that.  

55 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

O.M.G. that is both hilarious and disturbing.  LOL

I could do it at home, I used to all the time in my younger days, but it never came out anywhere near as good as the stylist I've been going to for the past 20+ year.  For sure I'm not cutting my own hair.  That just has "5 year old finds the scissors" disaster written all over it. 🤣

Fingers crossed for fall!!

Disney's taken park hours off the site through 6/13 so far, and I've seen other reports of people's reservations cancelled the first 2 weeks of June. So assuming Universal's plans are approved (agree that's likely) then it looks like Disney is going to sit back and see what happens for at least a week or so, although I still won't be surprised if it's longer than that.  

I'm not a big fan of celebrities, but when I see a post about her or from her I usually check it out because 90% of the time it's something goofy, and you can't tell if she's serious about the post or just playing it up!

Disney will announce when they are good and ready.

That being said, if they are smart, they will be holding off to see how things go at DS and Universal with the mandatory mask rules.

There has been a firestorm of comments, posts, blogs both for pro and con face masks.

If Disney keeps the rule and doesn't enforce it, there is going to be a lot of problems in the parks. 

There were already posts yesterday from DS about people flaunting the mask rule by carrying drinks around the facility without masks on. 

I thought the rule was no mask on while doing sit down dining not wandering around with a drink.