WDW Proposed Opening Date: July 11, Fort opens June 22

Howdy, folks! I'm watching the Orange County task force meeting this morning, at which WDW and SeaWorld will be submitting their proposed opening plans. It's being broadcast on YouTube live. As soon as we get information on when WDW will open, I'll post it here for you.

July 11: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom ONLY. Reservations for park entry will be required in advance.

July 15: EPCOT and Studios reopen

June 22: Fort Wilderness and DVC resorts re-open

9 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

So Disney gets a little over a month to see how things go at UO before they start reopening and adjust their own plans accordingly.  Seems smart to me.

No parades and fireworks - makes sense.

I can hear the passholders that are blocked out screaming bloody murder that they should be allowed to go because they lost out of their open times because of the virus!

And this still has to be approved by the Governor.

Chapek told Bloomberg in an interview, “We feel this is the right time for us, in July. We’ve got a different situation, frankly, than Universal does because we’re much bigger. We have a much more complex business. We’ve got a different labor situation, and at the same time, we’re also going to be implementing a reservation system for our guests. And it’s gonna take some time to take the millions of reservations that we’ve already got on our books and then switch that over to a new reservations system, so we think July is the right time for us.”

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/05/27/disney-ceo-explains-why-disney-world-is-opening-after-universal/?fbclid=IwAR2jpLN03qfIHl0LS0mOwXXb6xS09Y1hZmDrL7fTuuf_4Vq7d_K8Sq0TCIM

20 hours ago, Travisma said:

I can hear the passholders that are blocked out screaming bloody murder that they should be allowed to go because they lost out of their open times because of the virus!

And this still has to be approved by the Governor.

did I miss something?

i didn’t read where it says AP holders are blocked. 

Besides, Shouldn’t they (AP holders) be allowed to go?

they've already paid for their tickets and haven’t been able to use them.  

I’m an AP holder and had a reservation for Easter, and Memorial Day weekend and those were both cancelled.   And when my Easter trip was cancelled I had booked June 3-13 and that is cancelled.   So I’ve lost out on 3 vacations.  

49 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

did I miss something?

i didn’t read where it says AP holders are blocked. 

Besides, Shouldn’t they (AP holders) be allowed to go?

they've already paid for their tickets and haven’t been able to use them.  

I’m an AP holder and had a reservation for Easter, and Memorial Day weekend and those were both cancelled.   And when my Easter trip was cancelled I had booked June 3-13 and that is cancelled.   So I’ve lost out on 3 vacations.  

Summer blackout for silver.

Yes they are well aware of the rules but that won’t stop the whining.

Only thing I will be upset about is missing out on the two pass holder Magnets from the flower/garden festival.

56 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Summer blackout for silver.

Yes they are well aware of the rules but that won’t stop the whining.

Only thing I will be upset about is missing out on the two pass holder Magnets from the flower/garden festival.

Gotcha. Out of staters don’t have the option to buy seasonal passes.   Our APs don’t  have black out days. 

I kinda get their point. They lost almost 2 1/2 months of usage.  
Did disney reimburse y’all the money for those lost months?

or not charge you, if you’re on a payment plan?

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Yeah that SMB. 
I was lucky, and able to squeeze in a two day trip March 13th and 14th, the day before they closed. And was able to snag one of the magnets.  

My DD wanted the Epcot International Festival Of The Arts 2020 Figment Color.  She was going to get one during our Easter trip. 
I guess I’ll check ebay and see how much people are charging for them. 
she also wants the Figment AP magnet. 
she turns 16 in September and wants it for her car. 

34 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

My kinda girl!  Hope you're able to track one down for her.  🙂

Yep. We raised her right?

she loves figment. She even has an original,

signed sketch of him framed and hanging in her bedroom.   I may have bought it for her last Christmas. Lol. 

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

My DD wanted the Epcot International Festival Of The Arts 2020 Figment Color.  She was going to get one during our Easter trip. 
I guess I’ll check ebay and see how much people are charging for them. 
she also wants the Figment AP magnet. 
she turns 16 in September and wants it for her car. 

What exactly are you looking for?  The Festival of the Arts stuff will probably still be in the CM store whenever they reopen. I can ask the twins to keep an eye out. 

TCD

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Gotcha. Out of staters don’t have the option to buy seasonal passes.   Our APs don’t  have black out days. 

I kinda get their point. They lost almost 2 1/2 months of usage.  
Did disney reimburse y’all the money for those lost months?

or not charge you, if you’re on a payment plan?

We opted to continue paying and have our end time extended.  I had to call for that option. There was a lot of conflicting info when they first shut down.

We were wanting the orange bird pass holder magnet. Even had the trip planned. We bought one off Ebay the picture was a real one, what they mailed us was a bad copy.

My daughter really likes orange bird.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

We opted to continue paying and have our end time extended.  I had to call for that option. There was a lot of conflicting info when they first shut down.

Now that’s fair. 

im waiting to see what happens with our APs. 
ours expired on the 26th of May. I’m hoping they extend ours also.  To me the refund is t worth it if we can get another trip out of them. 

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What exactly are you looking for?  The Festival of the Arts stuff will probably still be in the CM store whenever they reopen. I can ask the twins to keep an eye out. 

TCD

Thanks.   Normally I’d ask a cranky old bus driver to take me to the CM store next time we were at WDW but he moved out of state.

but I would appreciate the twins checking for me. And if they find them.  I’ll Venmo them the cost plus shipping and any extra they deem necessary. 

I can’t seem to log into Taptalk and that’s what I use to post pictures. 
the magnet she wants is the one that looks like a paint can lid with purple paint spilling out of it. 
it’s says...

“Figment color co.”

“epcot international festival of the arts 2020”

and on the top of the paint lid it says...

“ Find the perfect pigment with your pal Figment.”

16 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thanks.   Normally I’d ask a cranky old bus driver to take me to the CM store next time we were at WDW but he moved out of state.

but I would appreciate the twins checking for me. And if they find them.  I’ll Venmo them the cost plus shipping and any extra they deem necessary. 

I can’t seem to log into Taptalk and that’s what I use to post pictures. 
the magnet she wants is the one that looks like a paint can lid with purple paint spilling out of it. 
it’s says...

“Figment color co.”

“epcot international festival of the arts 2020”

and on the top of the paint lid it says...

“ Find the perfect pigment with your pal Figment.”

I found a photo of it online. I’ll ask them to look for it. Although it may be a while before the CM store reopens. 

TCD