Skipping our trip this year.

57 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

No fall food & wine trip this year. Too many uncertainties. BUT, we're officially booked for fall 2021! We'll be there for the 50th. First time staying at the Poly!

Love the Poly!!

No fall trip for us this year either (boooooo), but we're still planning to book for late fall 2021.  Not only is it WDW's 50th but it's our 25th anniversary also so it's perfect timing!

We weren't planning a trip this year as we were suppose to be in the Chicago area visiting Rene's folks. Up until the campgrounds closed that is. We had thought about heading to WDW next year but we're not sure yet if we will still be able to get a trip in to see Rene's parents this fall or have to wait for next year. It all depends upon what will be happening with the schools and whether the schedule and staffing levels will allow her to take a couple of weeks off. If things work put we'll try to get in a trip for F&W in 2021 otherwise it will be late winter 2022.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Love the Poly!!

No fall trip for us this year either (boooooo), but we're still planning to book for late fall 2021.  Not only is it WDW's 50th but it's our 25th anniversary also so it's perfect timing!

Yes! We're at 24 next year. We've never been able to stay at the poly before, so we're going all out to be there for the actual 50th. Should be fun - and completely nuts I'm sure. Glad we got our reservation in before they shut everything down this week - I hit 499 days and dialed it right up!

29 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Yes! We're at 24 next year. We've never been able to stay at the poly before, so we're going all out to be there for the actual 50th. Should be fun - and completely nuts I'm sure. Glad we got our reservation in before they shut everything down this week - I hit 499 days and dialed it right up!

I totally lucked out and was able to tag along on my brother's family trip a few years ago.  SIL is a TA and booked us concierge level at the Poly. Great view of the castle from our balcony - I spent a lot of time out there just sitting and enjoying the view.  Also loved that I could watch the EWP from the pool.  🙂

Just loved the overall vibe of the Poly. Plus good food (ate a bunch of meals at Kona), and easy access to both Trader Sam's and Dole Whips!

• 1 year later...

Officially canceled our trip for the 50th. Too much uncertainty in Florida, too expensive, and we're really on a downward spiral with feelings for the mouse lately. 

Plus, we just lost my father and need to get my mom on solid footing. Way too many other places to visit and see, life is too short. 

6 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Officially canceled our trip for the 50th. Too much uncertainty in Florida, too expensive, and we're really on a downward spiral with feelings for the mouse lately. 

Plus, we just lost my father and need to get my mom on solid footing. Way too many other places to visit and see, life is too short. 

Yes it is.