UPDATED 5/28 WDW reopening information as of 5/27

On 6/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Dining

• P&J's Southern Takeout
  • Meadow Snack Bar
  • Crockett's Tavern

I was wondering how they were going to handle buffets like Trails End.  Looks like for the short term at least, they're just not.  I wonder if this will result in a major change to Trails End (and other buffets) in the long run?

Also wondering what/how Crockett's Tavern is going to work - seating with a limited menu? There's definitely plenty of room to spread out tables inside with the buffet not in operation.

46 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I was wondering how they were going to handle buffets like Trails End.  Looks like for the short term at least, they're just not.  I wonder if this will result in a major change to Trails End (and other buffets) in the long run?

Also wondering what/how Crockett's Tavern is going to work - seating with a limited menu? There's definitely plenty of room to spread out tables inside with the buffet not in operation.

Mo, it seems like I read somewhere else (because as you know, there is no shortage of information out there) that buffets will be staffed with Cast Members who will be serving the food sort of like "cafeteria style" for the time being at buffets...

3 hours ago, Duane said:

Mo, it seems like I read somewhere else (because as you know, there is no shortage of information out there) that buffets will be staffed with Cast Members who will be serving the food sort of like "cafeteria style" for the time being at buffets...

That would make sense.   I'm guessing they may also install additional plexi barriers in front of the food to keep it safe from the general public - and maybe even more so  to keep people from just reaching in themselves.   😎

I actually just heard about a local place that had a super popular salad bar.  When they reopened, instead of allowing people to help themselves as before, you currently tell your server what you want and they prepare your plate for you.

5 hours ago, Duane said:

As I went through all the resorts anyway not one single buffet at a resort is on the list to open.  Nor are any signature restaurants. 

3 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Jason

I just wanted to say Thank You for all the information you provide here.  It is much appreciated!  

Happy to share with the Fiends. The support I get from all of you helps me to keep bringing the information I can back around. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, djsamuel said:

We have Disney Hotel reservations for this Christmas and just received an email cancelling our dining plan.  The reservation itself remains; just no dining plan.

That's interesting. I know they took back free dining for people who'd booked it and replaced it with a room discount.  So... is the dining plan going away at least temporarily?

Just ran across this.  Not surprising that Disney is going to change a bunch of menus right now (I still haven't seen anything official about if/how they're going to address buffets), it wouldn't be a stretch to think that also shakes out to the dining plan being put on hold altogether at least for now...

NEWS! Disney World Just Changed A LOT Of Menus...

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/06/16/news-disney-world-just-changed-a-lot-of-menus-and-weve-got-the-details/

36 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Just ran across this.  Not surprising that Disney is going to change a bunch of menus right now (I still haven't seen anything official about if/how they're going to address buffets), it wouldn't be a stretch to think that also shakes out to the dining plan being put on hold altogether at least for now...

NEWS! Disney World Just Changed A LOT Of Menus...

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/06/16/news-disney-world-just-changed-a-lot-of-menus-and-weve-got-the-details/

With regards to buffets. When I dug through the Know Before You Go site they set up all of the resorts that are opening in the current round, the buffet restaurants are not.

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That's interesting. I know they took back free dining for people who'd booked it and replaced it with a room discount.  So... is the dining plan going away at least temporarily?

Yes, we received an email several weeks ago saying all dining plans, free or purchased, were being cancelled.  We were hoping that would not be in December, but unfortunately we were wrong.  We had the quick service dining plan and we were paying for that.

6 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Yes, we received an email several weeks ago saying all dining plans, free or purchased, were being cancelled.  We were hoping that would not be in December, but unfortunately we were wrong.  We had the quick service dining plan and we were paying for that.

I had posted they were all being cancelled. Originally the wording on the TA site said through Sept 26, 2021 but they have changed that now to read through at least the end of 2020.

Just now, Katman1356...Jason said:

I had posted they were all being cancelled. Originally the wording on the TA site said through Sept 26, 2021 but they have changed that now to read through at least the end of 2020.

Yes, I remember that.  Each day we didn't receive an email had us hoping they were holding off.  No big deal, it wasn't really saving us anything.  We'll just create our own meal plan.

12 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Oops, missed that..

And now that dining reservations are required to visit a resort you're not staying at, looks like both park and resort hopping are out of the question for the short term at least.

I get why, but it's a bummer. Those are 2 things we do really often.