AP Monthly Payments Retroactively Refunded

Walt Disney World Now Retroactively Refunding Monthly Payments for Annual Passholders

Walt Disney World has begun issuing refunds for Annual Passholders after the unprecedented parks closures. Since an official reopening date has been established and approved by the state, Disney can move forward with extending Annual Passes that have been paid in full, as well as processing partial and monthly refunds for guests who have paid in full or who are on a monthly payment plan, respectively.

So far, Annual Passholdershave reported receiving the equivalent of one monthly payment. Refunds will be retroactively issued for payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Refunds for those paid in full will be processed at a later date. For full details on Annual Pass extensions and refunds, see Disney’s official policy below.

Policy Updates and Refunds

Due to the closure of the Walt Disney World theme parks, some policies were modified to assist Passholders. 

If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Additional details are also available on the Annual Passholder “Know Before You Go” page.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/walt-disney-world-now-retroactively-refunding-monthly-payments-for-annual-passholders/?fbclid=IwAR19fa1HYW1khvxfdktMrtLhGvMOPXdre6hpSVuGM9o-kpGbwCkStFbbKi4

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I think the extension is the best bet if paid in full, you'll be ahead of any price increases.  With that said they may forgo those for a while to keep people coming back.

I have to make a decision on this soon- the problem I have is lack of information. So far, Disney has said that when the parks reopen, the hours will be reduced, and advanced reservations will be required. We don’t know how available those reservations will be, and I think this eliminates park hopping. There’s no talk of any price adjustments, so if I keep my pass, I’m paying full price for an unknown ability to use the pass. That doesn’t sound like a good deal to me. 

TCD

I’m with Tri-Circle D as far as wondering what  will I be able to actually do if I keep my annual pass. There is very little concrete information available right now. 
I’m on the monthly Payment plan. I bought my family’s passes in November- made the down payment and first month’s payments on November 15, 2019.  We activated the passes on January 15th. We stayed at the Fort for a month and used our passes almost every day. We visit every Jan/Feb. if I keep the passes, the extension would get us through our visit in 2021 basically giving us two years for the price of one.  I’ve paid the down payment and four months of payments if they refund from March forward.  Then I would have to pay for eight more months.  The problem for me is will things in Disney be back closer to normal by January?  Would we be able to visit the parks every day?  Would we be required to make reservations to go into the parks?  If so, there goes the spontaneity of being able to pop into EPCOT for supper or fireworks and ice cream in MK etc. And then there are concerns of not being able to visit at all if we can’t get Covid 19 vaccinations by then since some of the kiddos have asthma. I would have to make 8 more payments with no additional benefits if we aren’t able to safely go in January. What to do?  Any thoughts?