I hope you are not on I-10 around this! Wow.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/one-dead-after-collision-sends-18-wheeler-over-side-of-i-10-bridge-at-pascagoula-river?fbclid=IwAR1Os_a7n9-PZnVTIHD4WiLHP7CaaBimp4RzzF8jAowWD1VqvaJKo9_-TtM

One dead after collision sends 18-wheeler over side of I-10 bridge at Pascagoula River

by Jamie McGriff

2b92e8b6-408e-4fea-8c82-5548ac54945c-lar
(WPMI) One dead after collision sends 18-wheeler over side of I-10 bridge at Pascagoula River
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

PASCAGOULA, Miss. (WPMI) — A horrific scene early Tuesday morning as the preliminary investigation by Mississippi Highway Patrol revealed a 2-vehicle collision took place in the left bound lane of I-10, which is the Pascagoula River Bridge.

“ We do know that it’s a 2 vehicle collision. The semi went over the bridge railing it caused some damage,” said Trooper Cal Robertson with Mississippi Highway Patrol.

Troopers said the call came in of the crash at 3:49 am.

“ We do know that it’s a 2 vehicle collision. The semi went over the bridge railing it caused some damage,” said Robertson.

The 50 foot plunge killed the driver of the rig.

A passenger riding in a back cab survived.

Multiple agencies responded to the crash below the bridge, searching the water around the rig.

Other crews were seen repairing the damaged railing at the crash site.

The scene is another sobering reminder for drivers.

“Always pay attention to the roadway, follow your speed limits, don’t be distracted while driving,” said Robertson.

Investigators on the scene said it could be a while before the tractor trailer is removed from the river.

A barge will be brought in to help in the removal process without interrupting traffic on the bridge.

The process could begin sometime Wednesday.