Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BradyBzLyn...Mo

RUMOR: T-Rex Employee Tests Positive for COVID

Recommended Posts

Putting this in the Rumors Board as so far the only info I've seen on this is coming from WDWNT (and well...) 

But if it's true, it's pretty disturbing. What happened to health/temperament checks for all employees and not letting people work if they're sick??

Quote


Jessica Figueroa·June 17, 2020·1 min read
Employee at T-Rex Cafe in Disney Springs Reportedly Tests Positive for COVID-19

An employee at T-Rex Cafe in Disney Springs has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

The employee reportedly worked at the location for 2 weeks while sick and has since been on leave. Managers at the location have been informing employees on an individual basis to make them aware of the situation.

At this time, there are no official statements from T-Rex Cafe regarding the reported COVID-19 case.

T-Rex reopened at Disney Springs on May 20 to long lines of guests. The only other Landry’s Restaurants location at Disney Springs, Rainforest Cafe, has yet to reopen at the shopping and dining complex.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/employee-at-t-rex-cafe-in-disney-springs-reportedly-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A neighbor of ours works there and she hasn't been working anywhere near her normal hours because business is so slow.  So while that employee may have been back on the books for two weeks, it is very possible they weren't there too many days (hopefully).  This is where the temperature checks fall short since only about 60% of those infected have a fever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

A neighbor of ours works there and she hasn't been working anywhere near her normal hours because business is so slow.  So while that employee may have been back on the books for two weeks, it is very possible they weren't there too many days (hopefully).  This is where the temperature checks fall short since only about 60% of those infected have a fever.

I really hope the contact was limited and no one else gets sick. 

Temp checks for sure fall short but if someone is actively sick for 2 weeks, someone they work with should have noticed. Then there's the whole thing of anyone who knows they're sick reporting to work anywhere right now, never mind in a restaurant...  (argh)

That last bit is exactly why I'm not eager to go anywhere right now.  As it is DH has had to work throughout this and just this week they have someone who is out sick awaiting the results of a COVID test.  As it happens, she lives with 4 other people that work there, all of whom are not sick at the moment and so have been coming to work this whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I really hope the contact was limited and no one else gets sick. 

Temp checks for sure fall short but if someone is actively sick for 2 weeks, someone they work with should have noticed. Then there's the whole thing of anyone who knows they're sick reporting to work anywhere right now, never mind in a restaurant...  (argh)

That last bit is exactly why I'm not eager to go anywhere right now.  As it is DH has had to work throughout this and just this week they have someone who is out sick awaiting the results of a COVID test.  As it happens, she lives with 4 other people that work there, all of whom are not sick at the moment and so have been coming to work this whole time.

You nailed it.  Ultimately PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY has to kick in.  This person should have taken themselves out of service as soon as they started feeling ill.  In addition, all of those knuckleheads who crowded the beaches on Memorial Day, packed into bars and protested with thousands without wearing masks are now wondering what happened.  The spikes are matching the two week waiting period for all three events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djsamuel said:

You nailed it.  Ultimately PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY has to kick in.  This person should have taken themselves out of service as soon as they started feeling ill.  In addition, all of those knuckleheads who crowded the beaches on Memorial Day, packed into bars and protested with thousands without wearing masks are now wondering what happened.  The spikes are matching the two week waiting period for all three events.

So much this.  It's one thing to decide you're willing to risk your own health.  It's another thing entirely to knowingly put other people's health at risk, especially when they're trusting that the measures they've been told have been put in place are being enforced.

 

 

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

What’s this you speak of? Pretty sure it’s almost extinct.  

(sigh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, djsamuel said:

 This person should have taken themselves out of service as soon as they started feeling ill.  

But they may not have felt ill until they went for the test.......How many people have/had it an never feel ill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But they may not have felt ill until they went for the test.......How many people have/had it an never feel ill?

That is very true. Somehow though the restaurant knew they were sick for two weeks. Maybe they are assuming it took two weeks for the test to show positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But they may not have felt ill until they went for the test.......How many people have/had it an never feel ill?

Very possible although the article said they worked for 2 weeks "while sick". It could be worded badly of course (again consider the source). There's still no actual news article about it, just the WDWNT article and apparently a bunch of social media posts, but those may all stem from there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...