A Taste of Epcot Food and Wine Festival and other information

From Disney Parks Blog. 

Short version. New version of Food and Wine starting July 15, no outside bands for Eat to the Beat, Epcot and maybe more music groups instead. 

No MNSSHP or H2Glow nights. 

As we prepare for the reopening of our theme parks next month, we’re taking a measured and deliberate approach to our planning that applies appropriate new health and safety measures. We continue to follow guidance from government and health officials for responsibly operating our theme parks, so we can make the right adjustments to our offerings, including our upcoming fall events. 

One staple of the fall season at the Walt Disney World Resort is the annual EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Today, we’re pleased to share that not only have we cooked up a creative, modified festival experience, it will also be our longest festival yet – giving you plenty of time to enjoy “A Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival!”

This new take on the foodie festival will debut July 15 and continue through the fall, offering over 20 signature global marketplaces like Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean, spaced out around the park. And, if you’ve ever imagined a world where the floral fun of Flower & Garden is sprinkled in with the global goodies of Food & Wine, here’s your chance – guests will be able to see our newest topiary, Remy, in the France pavilion and find Flower & Garden merchandise. For scavenger hunt fans, Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak scavenger hunt returns. And stay tuned as Food & Wine merchandise joins the fun later on after the festival begins. 

We know the popular musical acts during the “Eat to the Beat Concert Series” often pack the house and, in an effort to accommodate proper physical distancing, we will not be able to host these concerts this year. There will be plenty of music to enjoy at America Gardens Theatre with local EPCOT entertainment such as Mariachi Cobre, the JAMMitors and more. These fan favorites will spread out their performances throughout the day, giving audiences more options to enjoy them. 

While assessing another fall special event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, we determined that many of its hallmarks – stage shows, parades and fireworks – are unable to take place in this new, unprecedented environment. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.  Additionally, Disney H2O Glow Nights, the nighttime special ticket event at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, will not take place for the remainder of 2020. Guests who have already bought tickets to these events will be assisted with refunds over the coming weeks.

Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind.

Thanks for the update, Jason.  I'm still holding onto my December reservations.  Planning this vacation, for me, is challenging in a good, unique experience way.  At this point, I can only hope for the herd immunity and maybe there will be a new drug that will lessen the impact of the virus ( such as tamiflu does for the flu), I don't think there will be a vaccine ready yet. 

I'm curious to see how this all pans out.  

I'll be heading to SeaWorld San Antonio tomorrow,  to see what their new procedures are like. I had to make a reservation for the day, but they are not designating any entry times, or limiting time in the park. 

I've already decided I won't be touching any rides, or going to any of their shows.  I'm just going to walk the park, see the outside exhibits and enjoy some summer.

• 1 month later...

Universal Orlando cancels Halloween Horror Nights due to coronavirus

Universal Orlando announced on Friday 7/24/20 that it is canceling its popular Halloween Horror Nights.

Halloween Horror Nights will not be held this year at Universal in Orlando or Universal in California.

Universal said in a statement that it will be focused on operating its theme parks for daytime guests, using the enhanced health and safety procedures already in place.

“We know this decision will disappoint our fans and guests. We are disappointed, too. But we look forward to creating an amazing event in 2021,” the statement said.