Additional info 7/8...Information and dates for new park entry and 2021 bookings released by Walt Disney World

There is a ton I will copy and paste it here but will probably be busy at some point if updates are needed and will be keeping my Facebook page updated with the information. This is all straight from Disney. 

Walt Disney World has shared some information with us today regarding the new Disney Park Pass Reservation system that is coming as well as some other info. I will copy and paste it all below direct from them. I have also uploaded a graphic they gave us with important dates. One of which is 2021 bookings opening by June 28.

Be sure to peruse it all. There is a lot of information in there. Make sure your MDE app is up to date. Make sure any tickets or hotel reservation yous do have are linked.

Also please note that as of reservations beginning January 1, 2021 They will no longer be providing the complimentary Magic Bands. They will still have the discounted purchase option for on site guests and you can still buy them. They will be enhancing the MDE app to pick up a lot of what the bands due according to that section below.

Jason@Mouse Counselors.com

Below is the information we received today.

It’s almost time for magic as we prepare for the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, starting July 11 with Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom and followed July 15 by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re taking a deliberate approach that includes limits on attendance and controlled guest density to align with guidance from health and government authorities on physical distancing. We’re also using technology to power creative solutions as we develop new ways for guests to visit The Most Magical Place on Earth in this unique environment.

To manage attendance during this reopening period we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all guests with a ticket or Annual Pass will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool on DisneyWorld.com.

Here are a few important details to know about this new system:

Your clients will need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where their Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
They'll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to their My Disney Experience account.
If they have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to this My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
Once they've logged into their My Disney Experience account and linked their ticket, they'll have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park. If they have a multi-day ticket, they will be required to make a park reservation for each date of their visit. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.

Please note, park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized. At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.

For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, we will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays. Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.

As you begin planning your clients' upcoming visits, we’re also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve. In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we'll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

We understand these updates may change the way you plan visits to the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and Disney Resort hotels for the time being. We are focused on making the Walt Disney World Resort experience magical, convenient and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your clients back to The Most Magical Place on Earth!

New recommended steps for booking a vacation where you want to visit a park.

Check the park availability if visiting the parks is a priority for you to make sure there is availability.

Buy your ticket or package for the dates you wish to go. Purchasing of a ticket for specific dates does not guarantee admission.

Once you have the ticket or package booked you should immediately book your Disney Park Pass Reservation to insure you get the dates you want.

I noticed my AP has a new expiration date.  
my AP expired May 20. Now it’s sept 15th. 
so they made july 11th as the start day. Which IMHO SMB!   I was hoping they would make the start date the day things went back to normal, After the phased reopening stuff.  
I tried to call today to find out about getting a refund of my unused AP. And after waiting for 1 hour 3 minutes I get internet help desk.  He said they were getting the AP help desks backed up call. 

He said he doesn’t have that information to tell me what my refund would be.  And I should hang up and call back and hope I get the AP desk.  

WTF??

I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold for another 30 minutes. He gets back on the phone and tells me the supervisors are backed up and it would be another 30 minutes.  I said I would hold,  he said ok and then hung up on me!

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Boy Ray that was not nice of WDW. 

A question I have is what are the ticket prices?  Since so much is not being offered at this time it would be nice to reduce the prices.

You know, reduced prices for reduced experiences.

As of now no change in the prices and I have not heard anything so far about them being reduced.

however it is important to note also tickets and new reservations do not have a date for resuming sales as of now. It will depend on availability and may happen later this summer. 

14 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I noticed my AP has a new expiration date.  
my AP expired May 20. Now it’s sept 15th. 
so they made july 11th as the start day. Which IMHO SMB!   I was hoping they would make the start date the day things went back to normal, After the phased reopening stuff.  
I tried to call today to find out about getting a refund of my unused AP. And after waiting for 1 hour 3 minutes I get internet help desk.  He said they were getting the AP help desks backed up call. 

He said he doesn’t have that information to tell me what my refund would be.  And I should hang up and call back and hope I get the AP desk.  

WTF??

I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold for another 30 minutes. He gets back on the phone and tells me the supervisors are backed up and it would be another 30 minutes.  I said I would hold,  he said ok and then hung up on me!

When I called on Tuesday I got through in 5 minutes.....    

Ray that stinks.  Sorry they wasted so much of your time!

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

When I called on Tuesday I got through in 5 minutes.....    

I wonder if yesterday was especially crazy because of all the info coming out?  Might be worth it to wait a few days until things calm down a bit.

2 hours ago, kadancer said:

I am wondering how long this Park Reservation system will be used.  If I book a trip for next summer will we still need park reservations?  This is WAY too much planning ahead for me.

No time frame given as of now. They are allowing Park Pass reservations our to Sept 26, 2021 when the system opens. That cover AP, and UK, and the park ticket extension dates. 

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

No time frame given as of now. They are allowing Park Pass reservations our to Sept 26, 2021 when the system opens. That cover AP, and UK, and the park ticket extension dates. 

Thanks.  We have reservation for this summer (which we will most likely cancel), but are hoping we will be able to take our trip in November.

Received this in my email from Disney. Additional Disney Resort Hotel opening dates. 

As we continue the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, we are excited to welcome Guests back to Disney Vacation Club resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, beginning June 22. This includes:

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort 
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows 
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort 
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

As we open these hotels, we are taking a measured and deliberate approach to implement a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies. 

In addition, we currently plan to open the following resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note, that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other resort hotels if needed.

• July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Guests with current reservations at impacted Disney Resort hotels can request help with modifying their reservation starting Monday June 22. Reservations for stays in 2021 will begin booking on Wednesday, June 24.  Only Guests with a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass will be able to access the Disney Park Pass reservation system. 

Given the current situation, there are some resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.  

While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests and Cast Members. 

Of course the system broke this morning. 
Here is a link to the availability calendar. Be sure to select Disney Resort Guest today to see availability. The rest show nothing as that isnt open yet. 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

Here is a link to the Disney Parks Pass Reservation system
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-reservations

This is all so annoying. We have a reservation at the Fort that starts a month or so past the expiration date on our AP so I can't make a park reservations because I don't have a valid pass for those days, but I can't renew my pass because Disney won't allow it right now. 

We don’t have a die sy resort booked. We would be staying at bonnet creek.   
but I can’t Book our timeshare till I find out if the parks are going to be available.  And I’m afraid they are all going to be booked by the time they allow AP holders to book a park reservation. 

36 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

And exactly how often can you book a 3 day park visit?  Do you to wait a day between 3 day bookings, a week, ???

we normally come for 7-10 days and go to the parks everyday. 

I hate to spend all that money on flights just to able to go to the parks 3 times. 

There was a FB post saying that the 3 day limit was corrected?  They were able to book 11 days.

The three day limit is for those with out onsite or good neighbor hotels (havent seen a specific list of those, Four Seasons, Swan and Dolphin, Disney Springs are all ones I do know) 

Some AP holders with onsite reservations were having issues with only allowing 3 days but that seems to have been corrected to allow for length of stay up to 14 days to now be booked. 

As far as I know that 3 days limit is until you use a day then you can make another. I could be wrong on that but I do not know. Word is though for AP with out a resort they are going to be releasing additional Park Pass availability. Havent seen that direct from Disney though so don't hold me to it. 

And in case anyone hasnt seen this yet here is the Park Pass availability calendar you can check out before booking things. To see availability right now be sure to click on Disney Resort Guests until the other options open up. 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

I'm so confused by all of this.  Our reservations are not until the end of Nov- beg of Dec and we have a 7 day ticket.  What I don't understand is Disney says they are limiting occupancy (now, I understand this is still several months out... but let's pretend that nothing changes between now and then)....   so if we wait to make a park reservations (is that what we're doing??) because we may not go to the Fort, if the cruise does not happen... so if we wait and then decide to go, but with occupancy restrictions, we can only get into the park for 3 of the 7 days... do we loose the other 4 days??   I just don't get it...

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The three day limit is for those with out onsite or good neighbor hotels (havent seen a specific list of those, Four Seasons, Swan and Dolphin, Disney Springs are all ones I do know) 

Some AP holders with onsite reservations were having issues with only allowing 3 days but that seems to have been corrected to allow for length of stay up to 14 days to now be booked. 

As far as I know that 3 days limit is until you use a day then you can make another. I could be wrong on that but I do not know. Word is though for AP with out a resort they are going to be releasing additional Park Pass availability. Havent seen that direct from Disney though so don't hold me to it. 

And in case anyone hasnt seen this yet here is the Park Pass availability calendar you can check out before booking things. To see availability right now be sure to click on Disney Resort Guests until the other options open up. 

I logged on yesterday morning - after being in a virtual waiting room for 7 hours ( yep...7) I was able to book a park for every day of our 3 week stay at the fort.  We are AP holders.  I didn't experience the 3 day limit that others did so maybe it was fixed by the time I had access at 3:00pm.  However, with all of the no park hopping (which I understand) and not visiting other resort restrictions, we might be skipping it this year.  We will have to wait and see.

Some new info and rumors

Rumor/things in flux

With COVID-19 Cases Spiking in Florida, Orange County Says Decision to Move Forward With Reopening Lies With Disney World

Yesterday, Florida set a record with over 5,500 positive COVID-19 results in a single day. In Orange County, the positivity rate has spiked from 5.9% on June 10th to 17.3% yesterday. As Floridians return to bars, restaurants, and even some area theme parks, the median age for a confirmed COVID-19 case has plummeted to 34 years old.

The data is seemingly trending in the wrong direction, but an Orange County official has told a CNN correspondent that they will not revisit the decision to allow Disney World to reopen, stating that “the decision rests with Disney officials and the governor”.

Real News

Disneyland not reopening as planned on 7/17

Disneyland will not reopen as scheduled on July 17, Disney announced Wednesday, citing a lack of guidance from California officials. The announcement comes as the company moves forward with plans to reopen the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida — despite local concern that it could exacerbate the spread of the coronavirus.  

"The State of California has now indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4," Disney said in a statement. "Given the time required for us to bring thousands of cast members back to work and restart our business, we have no choice but to delay the reopening of our theme parks and resort hotels until we receive approval from government officials."

"Once we have a clearer understanding of when guidelines will be released, we expect to be able to communicate a reopening date," the company added. 

^
What a mess.

My oldest daughter is on the faculty of a major university in Florida. She has been teleworking since March. They are planning to reopen offices on campuses to a limited degree in July. One precaution is that all employees must be tested for COVID-19, with the university providing the testing.  There are detailed plans in place for protecting staff and students as they slowly begin the process of reopening the campus.

WDW plans to open their parks in July. They have not made any provision for employee testing, and haven’t even reached out to all of the CM’s they will need to have in place to staff the parks.  As of yet, there has been no sharing of what, if any, plans they have to protect their employees from sickness.

TCD