AP holders have blocked dates on park reservation calendar!!!

I was looking at the park availability calendar and trying to some how, to figure out when and if we could squeeze a trip in before our now extended APs expire. 

To my surprise when I was looking at calendar for AP holders it showed a lot of days in July and August unavailable for parks and some days that only some parks are available. 
but when I clicked on the resort guests calendar those dates magically appeared.  Same thing when I clicked on Theme park tickets guest calendar. 

I’m not a florida resident and we are not supposed to have black out dates. 

Has any other AP holders had this problem?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I totally/completely have no desire to return at this point. I do have a hotel reservation booked for Oct, but if our kids can't join us, (because they had not booked yet, and may not be able to book)

Oh yeah. Thats our go to campground 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I was looking at the park availability calendar and trying to some how, to figure out when and if we could squeeze a trip in before our now extended APs expire. 

To my surprise when I was looking at calendar for AP holders it showed a lot of days in July and August unavailable for parks and some days that only some parks are available. 
but when I clicked on the resort guests calendar those dates magically appeared.  Same thing when I clicked on Theme park tickets guest calendar. 

I’m not a florida resident and we are not supposed to have black out dates. 

Has any other AP holders had this problem?

They most likely aren’t blocked. AP holders and regular ticket holders scooped up a lot of the inventory for guests with out resort stays very quickly after it opened up for that on Friday. 

the way I under stand it they made a certain percentage of the park pass reservations for onsite, another percentage for AP, and another percentage for ticket holders in general. Each group is separate from the others in terms of availability. 

will they shift some availability around  as they go a long? I have no idea. I am sure they will want to use all of the capacity they have available to make the most money they can when they open. 

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:the way I under stand it they made a certain percentage of the park pass reservations for onsite, another percentage for AP, and another percentage for ticket holders in general. Each group is separate from the others in terms of availability. 

The way i see it is if there are available spots for onsite or regular ticketed guests but not AP holders they are blacking us out. 

16 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

The way i see it is if there are available spots for onsite or regular ticketed guests but not AP holders they are blacking us out. 

If you had been looking Friday you had availability. New situation Ray. Don’t like it go ahead and cancel. 

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

If you had been looking Friday you had availability. New situation Ray. Don’t like it go ahead and cancel. 

If I wasn’t on vacation and knew when I could go on Friday I would have tried on Friday. 
Also, I have a high schooler who has cheer and we can’t go for a week until October. And our passes now expire on September 15. 

So the reality is that I, like others, buy their APs based on when we can go to WDW.   We don’t have the option of going when ever we want to. 

we knew we were going over the holidays, At Easter, and Memorial Day weekend.  
approx 21 days.   We went thanksgiving, Approx 6 days.   We obviously didn’t do our other two trips. So if I cancel my AP I will get back Approx 2 months or about $125dollars. 
We renewed our APs before last years price increase.  So we got the cheaper price and 15% off. 

Again the reality is if I cancel my APs and don’t find a time to go before sept 15th we lose money.  
also, we paid for APs knowing we were getting certain perks  the biggest one for us is park hopping.  And that’s been taken away.

I know this is an unusual time in our lives but I think there are better ways to handle this situation 

9 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

If I wasn’t on vacation and knew when I could go on Friday I would have tried on Friday. 
Also, I have a high schooler who has cheer and we can’t go for a week until October. And our passes now expire on September 15. 

So the reality is that I, like others, buy their APs based on when we can go to WDW.   We don’t have the option of going when ever we want to. 

we knew we were going over the holidays, At Easter, and Memorial Day weekend.  
approx 21 days.   We went thanksgiving, Approx 6 days.   We obviously didn’t do our other two trips. So if I cancel my AP I will get back Approx 2 months or about $125dollars. 
We renewed our APs before last years price increase.  So we got the cheaper price and 15% off. 

Again the reality is if I cancel my APs and don’t find a time to go before sept 15th we lose money.  
also, we paid for APs knowing we were getting certain perks  the biggest one for us is park hopping.  And that’s been taken away.

I know this is an unusual time in our lives but I think there are better ways to handle this situation 

I agree with everything you are saying.

But Disney is not going to be able to make everyone happy in every situation.

Personally, I think the biggest issue is their lack of clear cut instructions/options of what the various groups can do, people with reservations, APs, etc.

One smart thing they did was not to prematurely announce an opening date, then have to back-pedal like Universal.

But their instructions have not been the clearest and their phone #'s have been overwhelmed.

And the bloggers posting rumors and their interpretations of the announcements have not helped one bit.

Hopefully when things calm down  you'll be able to talk to someone and work out a solution.

And I'm not happy that even with out Silver AP's we're not going to get our $$$ worth out of them.

We'll have to re-evaluate a decision to re-new when the time comes.

14 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Personally, I think the biggest issue is their lack of clear cut instructions/options of what the various groups can do, people with reservations, APs, etc.

But their instructions have not been the clearest and their phone #'s have been overwhelmed.

Agree***

i just wish they would give us the option to “re-start” our APs now or when it goes back to normal.  
Because I really don’t want to go with all the limitations and restrictions. 
no parades, no shows, no park hopping, etc. 

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Also. If it wasn’t for you and this forum I wouldn’t have known I could start making reservations on Friday.  This is a quote from the email I got from Disney last night. 

THEME PARK RESERVATIONS

Since you’re an existing Walt Disney WorldTheme Park ticket holder, we’re providing you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 28. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit.”

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I guess we aren't important enough to get the special passholder sneak peek on 7/10 or 11.

My daughters got them, one didn't bother and the other one tried to see if she could get in and it popped up full.

Never got an email or push notification. It was full instantly based on what I heard.

L

Special passholder sneak peak preview for 7/9,10 popped up on my Android Tablet just now at 4:00 a.m. and never showed up on IPhone or laptop. Totally weird notification. Never got any sort of Disney notification on my tablet before only my phone. Of course it was full-LOL! I mean, what the heck, Corona numbers are skyrocketing in Florida, bars are closed again (including Disney Springs), masks are now mandatory AGAIN in some counties, beaches are closed this weekend in South Florida (more to follow) but hey, let's throw a private Corona Party Celebration at DW - whoo hoo! Maybe, just maybe, Disneyland's got it right this time.

8 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

Special passholder sneak peak preview for 7/9,10 popped up on my Android Tablet just now at 4:00 a.m. and never showed up on IPhone or laptop. Totally weird notification. Never got any sort of Disney notification on my tablet before only my phone. Of course it was full-LOL! I mean, what the heck, Corona numbers are skyrocketing in Florida, bars are closed again (including Disney Springs), masks are now mandatory AGAIN in some counties, beaches are closed this weekend in South Florida (more to follow) but hey, let's throw a private Corona Party Celebration at DW - whoo hoo! Maybe, just maybe, Disneyland's got it right this time.

Multi billion $$ company, using spare change for their reservation, web presence, networking infrastructure.

You would think after all these years and complaints they would learn, but I guess people come back again and again no matter how they get treated by the Mouse...

34 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Multi billion $$ company, using spare change for their reservation, web presence, networking infrastructure.

You would think after all these years and complaints they would learn, but I guess people come back again and again no matter how they get treated by the Mouse...

Bingo. 

They have been raking in billions in profits year after year despite their substandard IT. So why should they care?

Now they are screwing DVC members and passholders in favor of a quick cash grab from the NBA. 

It’s strictly business. Nothing personal. 

TCD

I totally/completely have no desire to return at this point. I do have a hotel reservation booked for Oct, but if our kids can't join us, (because they had not booked yet, and may not be able to book) AND they are in a state with a 2-week quarantine when entering FL. Also, we can't buy tickets at this time, so most likely will cancel. The no park hopping and reservation system really stinks. My plan was to go early in the morning and hit the attractions I wanted to see at rope drop (at Studios, AK, and MK), then late afternoon, troll food booths at Epcot. We are purely, hunt and peck type travelers, and casual do what we feel like type travelers, I did like FastPass + because I could book a couple things in the later afternoon and we would be guaranteed to ride a few things without long waits, but this book your park months in advance not knowing if we'll feel like actually going to that park that day, or if the weather cooperates just won't work for us anymore.

Also, I've finally convinced hubby to go cross-country with me in the T@B. I have three weeks planned next march for less than even a week at Disney.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We are purely, hunt and peck type travelers, and casual do what we feel like type travelers

Same here Carol. Once upon a time I was all spreadsheets and reservations for everything, but now we do minimal planning and lots of park and resort hopping depending on what we're in the mood to do. 

We will wait until things are more "normal" and we know we'll be able to enjoy our usual style of touring WDW (or close at least). It's just not worth the trip/expense for us otherwise. Right now for us that most likely means November 2021 will be our next trip.

Cross-country in the spring sounds like it could be awesome!!

Our AP's are up on 7/14. I'm really close to not renewing. We have reservations for the week of Thanksgiving, but I am not sure I want to fight this reservation system and pay for passes without all of the benefits. I do miss camping at FW, but so far this year we have went to the FL Gulfcoast twice, Wekiwa Springs, the Keys, and Savannah. With trips to Defeated Creek, possibly Hilton Head, and the Smokies planned the appeal of Disney is waning badly. Not to mention these other trips are a fraction of the cost of Disney. Decisions, decisions.

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

we have went to the FL Gulfcoast twice, Wekiwa Springs, the Keys, and Savannah. With trips to Defeated Creek, possibly Hilton Head, and the Smokies planned the appeal of Disney is waning badly. Not to mention these other trips are a fraction of the cost of Disney. Decisions, decisions.

Where did you stay in the Keys? 

29 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Grassy Key RV Park near Marathon. It was nice. We had a water front site. It was about 1 hr drive to Key West. We liked this location. Sombrero Beach was close by and plenty of restaurants and such

Was there a beach for swimming?  When we look at camping in the Keys we are never sure if you can swim....

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Grassy Key RV Park near Marathon. It was nice. We had a water front site. It was about 1 hr drive to Key West. We liked this location. Sombrero Beach was close by and plenty of restaurants and such

Thanks! I'll add this to our wish list.  🙂

8 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Our AP's are up on 7/14. I'm really close to not renewing. We have reservations for the week of Thanksgiving, but I am not sure I want to fight this reservation system and pay for passes without all of the benefits. I do miss camping at FW, but so far this year we have went to the FL Gulfcoast twice, Wekiwa Springs, the Keys, and Savannah. With trips to Defeated Creek, possibly Hilton Head, and the Smokies planned the appeal of Disney is waning badly. Not to mention these other trips are a fraction of the cost of Disney. Decisions, decisions.

For your trip to the Smoky Mountains check out the Little Arrow Resort in Townsend, TN.  Really nice place just at the entrance to the National Park; closest to Cades Cove.  

Little Arrow Outdoor Resort