AP holders have blocked dates on park reservation calendar!!!

47 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Other AP holders beat you to the open spots. No different than not getting a FP because somebody else was quicker on the trigger. No different than showing up on a Holiday and having the park at capacity, AP or not you don't get in. They said going in that capacity was limited and divided up between all ticket levels.  

Based on your other post you feel that because you spent $3.27 a day for a ticket that the person who paid $100 a day should not go.

We are just going to have agree to disagree. 

when I bought my APs they said “going in” that I won’t be block out. And now I am. 

snd there’s a big difference between not getting a FP, which I’m not guaranteed, and not being blocked out. Which they promised wouldn’t happen. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I totally/completely have no desire to return at this point. I do have a hotel reservation booked for Oct, but if our kids can't join us, (because they had not booked yet, and may not be able to book)

Oh yeah. Thats our go to campground 

Posted Images

And as far as not getting into the parks during a holiday capacity closure...

we’ll that argument doesn’t hold water

people with single day tickets are not allowed on during a phase 1 closure and AP holders are allowed in.

multi-day ticket holders are not denied entrance until phase 2. AP holders are still allowed in. 

As a matter of fact AP holders aren’t blocked till everyone is blocked under phase 4

Now they are allowing single day ticket holders and multi day holders to go while AP are not. 

again agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Based on your other post you feel that because you spent $3.27 a day for a ticket that the person who paid $100 a day should not go.

No based on my other posts I expect Disney uphold their end of the agreement we BOTH agreed to. 
I’m not asking for more than I was promised when I purchased our APs

Like I said before.
they should give us the choice to either re-start our APs now or when things went back to normal.  

Is that to much to ask for???

45 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Now they are allowing single day ticket holders and multi day holders to go while AP are not. 

again agree to disagree. 

No the percentage of AP holders that were agreed to for the re-opening are allowed in as are the percentage of Resort Guests and  off Property ticket holders who also have a contract based on the tickets and reservations that they purchased.   How would you feel if you bought a vac package and then couldn't get into a park because the AP holders took all the available spots?   

And yes we have to agree to disagree..   

42 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

No the percentage of AP holders that were agreed to for the re-opening are allowed in as are the percentage of Resort Guests and  off Property ticket holders who also have a contract based on the tickets and reservations that they purchased.   How would you feel if you bought a vac package and then couldn't get into a park because the AP holders took all the available spots?   

And yes we have to agree to disagree..   

disney can easily cancel their vacation package. Just like they did during the park closure. 

you are trying to compare apples to oranges and, sorry, that just doesn’t work. 

Disney is forcing me to try to go to the park during this unprecedented time.  And they broke the contract they made with me. I didn’t break it with them. 

what do you think would happen if a Florida resident was on the monthly payment plan and decided after ten months they don’t want the pass anymore since they only came to the park for a few days and got sick and were unable to go to the park for the next two months???

Disney would force them to pay since they had used 10 months of their pass. 

so I ask you...

what’s the difference between Disney expecting them to pay for their last two months of their contract and me expecting Disney to honor the last two months of my contract???

answer... there ISN’T a difference!!!

33 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

disney can easily cancel their vacation package. Just like they did during the park closure. 

what’s the difference between Disney expecting them to pay for their last two months of their contract and me expecting Disney to honor the last two months of my contract???

From the AP terms and conditions:

Passports do not guarantee Theme Park admission, especially during high attendance periods.

Disney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Passport or deny Theme Park admission to any Passholder at any time for any reason. 

35 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

From the AP terms and conditions:

Passports do not guarantee Theme Park admission, especially during high attendance periods.

Disney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Passport or deny Theme Park admission to any Passholder at any time for any reason. 

I remember reading that before when we bought ours. 

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Ray it seem like it would fix your problem if you made a resort reservation.

That would mean I would have to spend more money to get what I already paid for.  No thanks. 

I’m sorry. I used to be like others that defended and make excuses for Disney all the time.   I’d find legal loop holes to excuse their decisions, and base my defense of Disney on feelings not facts.

I defended their lousy IT. 
I defended their price increases. 
I defended them cutting back on services. 
I pretty much defended any thing they did because I love Disney.  
But it’s gotten to the point I can’t do it anymore.  I’ve seen to many changes that I don’t agree with. 

To me it’s like a rebellious child that keeps doing bad things.  You still love them but sometimes you have to walk away and let them try it on their own. 

So I’m done defending them. I’m not saying I’m never going back because I’m sure I will. 
but I’ll let others keep on defending their bad behavior. 

21 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Well i guess we are going to renew our passes. My 8 yr old gave me the puppy dog eyes today about how much he misses disney. I think the wife is behind it 

You saw those empty parks on YouTube.

So I got a personal special specialty specifically mine email from Dis about my APs. Now, mine were to expire back in April,  and have since been updated to reflect August 9th. Now my email says August 11th they will add 1 month or I can get my money back. 

So, are the giving me the month because I had a month left when they closed or is everyone getting the month too? 

And the days from when they opened until August 11th are basically freebies to be a guinea pig?

Here's a screen cap;

http://imgur.com/a/8iUbmo0

6 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

So I got a personal special specialty specifically mine email from Dis about my APs. Now, mine were to expire back in April,  and have since been updated to reflect August 9th. Now my email says August 11th they will add 1 month or I can get my money back. 

So, are the giving me the month because I had a month left when they closed or is everyone getting the month too? 

And the days from when they opened until August 11th are basically freebies to be a guinea pig?

Here's a screen cap;

http://imgur.com/a/8iUbmo0

Looks like all APs are getting an extra month added to their passes no charge, 13 for the price of 12 months after they do the closure extension.  I saw another post that they are making the AP discount 30 %.  Not sure on what...

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

Looks like all APs are getting an extra month added to their passes no charge, 13 for the price of 12 months after they do the closure extension.  I saw another post that they are making the AP discount 30 %.  Not sure on what...

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think it's just on merch

Yep it’s just merchandise discount of 30% and it’s only good till August 14.