We have a 2013 Forest River Sunseeker.  It has an A B or Both selector for the speakers.  A plays only over the cab speakers, B is for the living area and Both is of course for both.  We have found that when we listen to the radio or CD the audio comes over all the speakers just fine, but when we listen to the TV over the speakers it does not come out of the rear or center of the living speakers. 

Any one run into this issue or have an idea where to start diagnosing it?  I have not found anything that gives details on the wiring, but I have checked the audio out plugs from the tv.

2 hours ago, Theed31u said:

We have a 2013 Forest River Sunseeker.  It has an A B or Both selector for the speakers.  A plays only over the cab speakers, B is for the living area and Both is of course for both.  We have found that when we listen to the radio or CD the audio comes over all the speakers just fine, but when we listen to the TV over the speakers it does not come out of the rear or center of the living speakers. 

Any one run into this issue or have an idea where to start diagnosing it?  I have not found anything that gives details on the wiring, but I have checked the audio out plugs from the tv.

I wonder if it is as simple as the tv only putting out a left and a right channel. Not surround channels. Are there any settings in the tv itself to set the audio output type?

We have had this exact same problem With our surround sound system since we installed a new tv. Speakers work fine when working off the DVD player or radio but no sound when we use just the tv. We have changed wires, changed what wires are plugged into thinking maybe we plugged something in a wrong spot but no luck. We used the tv remote to change settings on the tv, nothing. We gave up trying to figure it out. I hope you’re able to figure it out. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that unit only has left and right. So L+R A and L&R B

You would need some sort of a surround decoder/amp to get the rear and center channels. Most TV's have it available in the signal but without a way to process all the channels it won't work. Those radios they use in the RV's are not much different then a car radio. Car radios have left and right, front and rear. You control by using balance for L&R and Fader for F&R. Only difference is they ave front setup as A and rear setup as B and you can turn each zone off.

It sounds like the audio feed from the TV to the head unit. Given the age of everything I suspect the TV only provides a left and right audio signal to the head unit. You might look to see if the TV has a digital audio output of some type (coax RCA, fiber optic or HDMI) and that the head unit can accept a digital audio input. If both can handle then the owners manuals should be able to tell you how to hook it all up. This should allow a surround sound signal assuming the TV station is sending one.

19 hours ago, Theed31u said:

Do you have the brand and model so you can search for the manuals?