19 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It's a shame they didn't allow new limited bookings at the Fort, especially for the 4th weekend.

Lots of posts that most loops are closed, empty or very few campers.

We would've made the long trek from Tampa just so we could've posted to you all what's happening. :P

I'm surprised they didn't. They didn't have to fill the place, but even if they'd opened it up to 50% capacity it doesn't seem like it would be too tough to manage the # of people.

Around here the state campgrounds are only filling every other site. Some have put their usual activities on hold and have closed their common spaces like arcades, etc.  I know of one that's not allowing tenters in so that they don't have to deal with how to keep the bath houses clean throughout the day.  It's a family run place without a lot of staff. NH is still only allowing reservations to NH residents and MA is still not allowing visitors.

But speaking of visitors... I wonder how the Fort will handle the non-campers that typically show up this time of year to use the pool? I expect they're being extra strict about not allowing people in without a reservation?

4 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I really doubt we will see 2020 open back up before August 1 and if and when it does I think it will be limited. 

I do not have anything from Disney saying this. This is just me personal opinion. 

I know they are taking baby steps and trying to limit exposure, but the Fort is a different animal than the rest of their resorts.

They could've tried 50% capacity and seen what happened.

From the FB posts, I guess a lot of people must've either cancelled themselves or been cancelled by Disney since everyone is reporting it's like a ghost town.

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

I know they are taking baby steps and trying to limit exposure, but the Fort is a different animal than the rest of their resorts.

From the FB posts, I guess a lot of people must've either cancelled themselves or been cancelled by Disney since everyone is reporting it's like a ghost town.

With the recent spike I can see some people canceling. Also a 50% limit would still overload the pools since nobody would be going to the parks as they would if all was normal.  

17 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I dont think they actually limited the capacity of the Fort. I think a lot of people cancelled and summer is a slower period on top of it. I know we cancelled our week mid July as I still havent found a mask that works for me and we dont have a ticket for Silvia yet. So as much as we love the Fort sitting at the campsite for a week in July just wasnt appealing. 

I have not heard of anyone who had a reservation during the time period the Fort was going to be open who was cancelled by Disney. 

11 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I dont think they actually limited the capacity of the Fort. I think a lot of people cancelled and summer is a slower period on top of it. I know we cancelled our week mid July as I still havent found a mask that works for me and we dont have a ticket for Silvia yet. So as much as we love the Fort sitting at the campsite for a week in July just wasnt appealing. 

I have not heard of anyone who had a reservation during the time period the Fort was going to be open who was cancelled by Disney. 

See, we're just the opposite (but yes local).

We've gone for the 4th of July week on two different trips and never went to the parks (Silver blackout dates),

Found it relaxing just hanging out, resort hopping (now blocked), and going to DS and off site shopping.  

Not going to the parks, lets you feel like you're getting your $$ worth out of your site! :lol:

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

See, we're just the opposite (but yes local).

We've gone for the 4th of July week on two different trips and never went to the parks (Silver blackout dates),

Found it relaxing just hanging out, resort hopping (now blocked), and going to DS and off site shopping.  

Not going to the parks, lets you feel like you're getting your $$ worth out of your site! :lol:

true but I am looking at a 2 day drive each way, cost of a rental camper, cost of a rental cart, and not being able to go to DS or resort hop since I havent found a mask that lets me breathe for more than 5-7 minutes with out my asthma kicking off badly. And that is trying to wear a mask up here while it was still May never mind in the Florida heat of July. We just couldnt find enough value in the trip at this time. I have another new masking coming (in about 4 weeks) but it is a very different design and I am hoping it will be the one that lets me go out again. While there are provisions for people with medical needs in CT to not wear one, in my area the chances of a physical, verbal, or Facebook attack for going out with out one are too high for me. I havent left the house except to go to ACE Hardware where they know me and have my back if needed for more than 2 months now. 

6 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

true but I am looking at a 2 day drive each way, cost of a rental camper, cost of a rental cart, and not being able to go to DS or resort hop since I havent found a mask that lets me breathe for more than 5-7 minutes with out my asthma kicking off badly. And that is trying to wear a mask up here while it was still May never mind in the Florida heat of July. We just couldnt find enough value in the trip at this time. I have another new masking coming (in about 4 weeks) but it is a very different design and I am hoping it will be the one that lets me go out again. While there are provisions for people with medical needs in CT to not wear one, in my area the chances of a physical, verbal, or Facebook attack for going out with out one are too high for me. I havent left the house except to go to ACE Hardware where they know me and have my back if needed for more than 2 months now. 

I can see that different people have differing ways of doing things.

Being local with a pass, it's not a big deal not going to the parks at all or just a little when we camp.

Last couple times we went to the Fort, we hung out a lot more than our adult kids who went resort hopping and hitting parks.

It's hard getting up from a comfortable chair in a shady spot, with a cooler full of adult beverages nearby,  to go running around a crowded park in 90 degree heat!

But people coming from out of town on a once every few years trip, I can see them wanting to do as much as possible in the time they have at WDW.

Good luck in a search for a viable mask solution.

I've seen posts that Disney is not allowing bandannas or gaiters as masks.

This is an important thread to follow.  I've had a reservation at the fort in August for over a year and I have not been cancelled.  My wife was able to get reservations at DW and HS while we were there but it involved many hours on hold.  Now we are thinking about cancelling because the first report we heard from the fort stated the pool was over crowded and Florida has not yet gotten the virus under control.  We could be happy with just driving the cart around and hanging at the fort if the pool was doable.  If there are people who have first hand experience at the fort it would be nice to hear from you.  We don't have to go to the parks but staying outside in August is not a vacation.  Masks can be adjusted to let more air in when no one is paying attention but sitting in your own campsite should be good enough for social distancing guidelines but if it is not I would like to know before I go.

49 minutes ago, DinDavie said:

This is an important thread to follow.  I've had a reservation at the fort in August for over a year and I have not been cancelled.  My wife was able to get reservations at DW and HS while we were there but it involved many hours on hold.  Now we are thinking about cancelling because the first report we heard from the fort stated the pool was over crowded and Florida has not yet gotten the virus under control.  We could be happy with just driving the cart around and hanging at the fort if the pool was doable.  If there are people who have first hand experience at the fort it would be nice to hear from you.  We don't have to go to the parks but staying outside in August is not a vacation.  Masks can be adjusted to let more air in when no one is paying attention but sitting in your own campsite should be good enough for social distancing guidelines but if it is not I would like to know before I go.

You do not need to wear a mask at your campsite. 

20 hours ago, DinDavie said:

Early reports right after re-opening said that the Fort was a ghost town.  Loops entirely empty or lightly booked.  Pools empty, same with the shops and restaurants.

But, reports from the weekend starting Friday the 3rd said that the pools and decks were so crowded that they reached the new capacity guidelines and were turning people away early in the day. 

If a storm comes thru, they have to stay closed until they clean all of the chairs/tables etc, because they didn't know what ones were in use before the storm hit. 

The new normal guidelines are you turn the backs down when leaving or lean the chairs into the tables so they know to clean those.

Stores and restaurants were packed and are on new early closing hours.  Also they were told they had to wear masks while looping in carts.

The people posting said that the only feature that has stayed pre-covid is the site rates.  Everything else has been cut back.