• 1 year later...

While I personally will not be spending millions on a luxury RV this year (although it's fun to look!), I will say I've had my eye on that Grand Design 5th wheel ever since we walked through one a few years ago at the dealer.  If we ever pull the trigger on giving full-timing a try...

We've been looking at small diesel pushers, gas Class A's and Super Class C's for when Rene retires in the next couple of years. We will not be full-timing but estimate we will be driving around 10K/yr in the early years so that puts us on the economic borderline for the extra cost of a diesel pusher or higher end Super C's.  

9 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

While I personally will not be spending millions on a luxury RV this year (although it's fun to look!), I will say I've had my eye on that Grand Design 5th wheel ever since we walked through one a few years ago at the dealer.  If we ever pull the trigger on giving full-timing a try...

So, where do the dog crates go? ;)

15 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I have lived full time in a Grand Design Reflection for the last 5 or 6 years. Winnebago bought Grand Design a couple years ago and some of the personnel started their own RV company called Alliance.  I haven'y followed them lately but last I did follow them they were perfecting their 5th wheels before moving to other types of campers. They used a lot of customer input before they sold their first one.

14 hours ago, TnBob said:

I have lived full time in a Grand Design Reflection for the last 5 or 6 years. Winnebago bought Grand Design a couple years ago and some of the personnel started their own RV company called Alliance.  I haven'y followed them lately but last I did follow them they were perfecting their 5th wheels before moving to other types of campers. They used a lot of customer input before they sold their first one.

I hope their company does well, imagine asking and listening to people who use the RVs!

15 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I hope their company does well, imagine asking and listening to people who use the RVs!

That is a totally new concept for a manufacture, I actually have been able to add suggestions to 2 brands and have seen our suggestions put into their builds. Alliance is doing well but they are still having small issues, but with all I have read so far they are trying their best to improve on their issues. I know one of their reps and got to visit with him at one of their earlier shows and seeing we are friends he did say that we should not give up what we have now for theirs.....YET