We were thinking about going to the beach for one more time since they pushed school back a week. Camp Gulf was coming in at nearly $200 a night after taxes. Just on a whim I checked the Fort. $93 per night for a full hook up site for the week of 8/10. That isn't too bad IMO. I pulled the trigger so we may be down there sweating it out with the rest of the crazy people. Not sure I want to set foot in the parks, though.

4 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Well I spoke too soon. I found the full week and weekend available at Topsail Hill. The beach and $42 a night won out over the Fort. Hopefully, things are settled down some before our Thanksgiving trip. We are missing the Fort.

Hard to pass up that deal! 

I think when we first started staying at the Fort partial sites were around that price. 

Sigh... the good ol' days...

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think when we first started staying at the Fort partial sites were around that price. 

Don't remember what we paid at the FORT, but our Magic Kingdom Club TIckets (8 E ) were $8.75 in 1979.  

20 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It has been a long time since we paid less than a $100 per night. Seems like the cheapest we had in the last 5 years was about $115 for a full hook up. I think my Thanksgiving ressies are around $205 per night :(

Just now, ImDownWithDisney said:

It has been a long time since we paid less than a $100 per night. Seems like the cheapest we had in the last 5 years was about $115 for a full hook up. I think my Thanksgiving ressies are around $205 per night :(

Yeah... I remember the first several years we stayed in Preferred being under $70 a night.  We wanted to do Christmas next year (our anniversary is Christmas Eve and it'll be our 25th) but just looking at this year's rates I couldn't justify it.

8 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yeah... I remember the first several years we stayed in Preferred being under $70 a night.  We wanted to do Christmas next year (our anniversary is Christmas Eve and it'll be our 25th) but just looking at this year's rates I couldn't justify it.

My first trip to the Fort in 2001 was $20 a night for a partial.

Up until about 2010, we could get the Fort for under $50 a night except for very high Holiday season. It all started falling apart and getting stupid expensive when they put in the Premium sites.

8 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

My first trip to the Fort in 2001 was $20 a night for a partial.

Up until about 2010, we could get the Fort for under $50 a night except for very high Holiday season. It all started falling apart and getting stupid expensive when they put in the Premium sites.

Our first trip was in 1977, and the site was probably around $15.  Not even sure if they had partial/full at that time.  I can't remember what loop we stayed in.

In the 90s we had gotten a Cabin as cheap as $60 a couple of times.