We are hoping to travel to The Fort in November.  Our reservations are in place, however a lot depends upon covid-19,  We arrive November 8 and depart November, unless we can get an opening for Thanksgiving.  It's our daughters birthday, she was born on Thanksgiving, and our granddaughter wants to go to the trading post and buy her Mom donuts for her birthday breakfast.  Hopefully something will open up.

We live in Maryland and usually just stop whenever we want to.  This year we would like to plan our stops.  We will either need a campsite for one or two nights, depending on how far we drive each day.  Our grandkids are 9, 8, 6, and 2.  Any recommendations for a campground would be appreciated.  

Thanks in adavance

Here's a few we've used.  Pedro (South of the Border) at the NC/SC Border.  There's a KOA (Savannah South) in Richmond, Hill  GA that is right off the X-way. (exit 87)  Just 3 miles West of 95 is Flamingo Lake on 295 (Jacksonville)  

Debbie,

We are in the Raleigh Durham area of NC, but my wife has relatives in Maryland, so we know how that drive is...

I have not stayed there, but about 15 miles south of the NC/VA line there is the  RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads.  I have passed several times on my way north.  It seems to be easy in and out to I-95.  I've read good things about it for a quick overnight stop.

When we go to the Fort from home, we like to break the trip into 2 days.  We always stop in Brunswick GA at Coastal GA RV Resort.  This one, I can personally vouch for.  All paved sites, with mostly pull throughs.  It too is right off the interstate and is easy in/out.  Its about 3.5 to 4 hours to the Fort from there.

8 hours ago, Duane said:

Debbie,

We are in the Raleigh Durham area of NC, but my wife has relatives in Maryland, so we know how that drive is...

I have not stayed there, but about 15 miles south of the NC/VA line there is the  RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads.  I have passed several times on my way north.  It seems to be easy in and out to I-95.  I've read good things about it for a quick overnight stop.

When we go to the Fort from home, we like to break the trip into 2 days.  We always stop in Brunswick GA at Coastal GA RV Resort.  This one, I can personally vouch for.  All paved sites, with mostly pull throughs.  It too is right off the interstate and is easy in/out.  Its about 3.5 to 4 hours to the Fort from there.

It's a small world isn't is.  We live in Street, Maryland.  It is about 5 miles south of Delta, PA.  Our grandkids love traveling in the motorhome.  We usually get to The Fort once a year, but with covid it's been a little sketchy.  Hopefully we will be able to make our trip in November.  It all depends upon how covid is doing by then.  We had a surprise trip to Disneyland planned for them, but we have cancelled it twice.  We already paid for the air fare and the military tickets.  We will wait and see when Disneyland opens and plan from then.  Right now we have no desire to fly.

Thanks for the information

Claudine's G'parents and Aunt used to live in Baltimore, or as the locals say "Bal-mer"....  So it sounds like you don't have too bad of a trip, unless you have to go thru DC...

Anyway, when I sent my last response, I forgot to mention this place.  We have never stayed there, but have also heard really good things about this place.  Its new, and from what I hear, they are constantly adding things....  CreekFire Motor Ranch.

Hello from a fellow MD'er...

ON our trips down we've done Pedro's.  Wife didn't love it.

We've done the KOA in Lumberton, NC.  Just fine.  Small but clean and well kept.

Twice now we've stopped overnight at the Hampton Inn in Santee, SC because they have RV sites where you can plug in 20amp while you stay at the hotel.