We pulled the trigger and Disney wins again. 
because of their goofy, and IMHO unfair 3 park reservation limit for AP holders, we went ahead and booked beach club villas for 3 nights and 3 nights at bonnet creek. Now we can book a park reservation for our length of stay. 
As some of you know I hate planning dining reservations and FPs. And now I’m forced to plan even more of our vacation...

Park Reservations!!!

What is making it so hard is the fact we can’t park hop.   We are not big park hoppers but during food & wine festival we normally go to a park in the morning and then hop over to Epcot for afternoon/evening entertainment and food. 

so help me out. Give me some suggestions on how to best use our time this trip.

I’m thinking walk into epcot the afternoon we arrive, 13th

13th-epcot
14th-HS-Star wars!
15th-epcot
16th-AK, it closes the earliest, and we could store our luggage with guest services and then uber to bonnet creek. 
17th-MK-no fireworks so early start and finish. 
18th-either Epcot again or HS
19th fly home. 

Not being able to park hop is the worst thing they took away.  I don’t understand why you couldn’t park hop to another park as long as it was under their new capacity limits. 

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

because of their goofy, and IMHO unfair 3 park reservation limit for AP holders, we went ahead and booked beach club villas for 3 nights and 3 nights at bonnet creek. Now we can book a park reservation for our length of stay. 
As some of you know I hate planning dining reservations and FPs. And now I’m forced to plan even more of our vacation...

Park Reservations!!!

What is making it so hard is the fact we can’t park hop.   We are not big park hoppers but during food & wine festival we normally go to a park in the morning and then hop over to Epcot for afternoon/evening entertainment and food. 

13th-epcot
14th-HS-Star wars!
15th-epcot
16th-AK, it closes the earliest, and we could store our luggage with guest services and then uber to bonnet creek. 
19th fly home. 

Not being able to park hop is the worst thing they took away.  I don’t understand why you couldn’t park hop to another park as long as it was under their new capacity limits. 

Thanks in advance

Looks like a good plan. I agree, especially during Food and Wine, parking hopping is essential.

Except for Star Wars, folks are saying Studios can be accomplished if you arrive around 3pm. BUT in order to get that elusive Rise of Resistance boarding group, you have to try at 10 and then again at 2pm.

57 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Looks like a good plan. I agree, especially during Food and Wine, parking hopping is essential.

Except for Star Wars, folks are saying Studios can be accomplished if you arrive around 3pm. BUT in order to get that elusive Rise of Resistance boarding group, you have to try at 10 and then again at 2pm.

I’ve ridden it twice but DD hasn’t. And she really wants to. 
both times I rode it I was there before park opening and my MDE locked up.  
the first time I was next to a CM and they reset my app and got me on last group.  
the next time I was at guest relations and told them what had happened before. I was talking with a supervisor and he told me to stay next to him when it opened up. 
when it opened up he had my phone and it locked up on him.   So he went on his tablet and gave me a return time.  I’m just glad it wasn’t my stupidity that caused it to lock up.  Lol 

On 8/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Park Reservations!!!

13th-epcot
14th-HS-Star wars!
15th-epcot
19th fly home. 

Thanks in advance

It looks like a good plan. The only suggestion I have is to definitely book DHS on the 18th and not Epcot. You need a backup day in case you don’t get to ride Rise of the Resistance on your first DHS day. Also, Epcot is in sad shape these days- there’s a lot more to do in DHS currently. 

TCD

On 8/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

It looks like a good plan. The only suggestion I have is to definitely book DHS on the 18th and not Epcot. You need a backup day in case you don’t get to ride Rise of the Resistance on your first DHS day. Also, Epcot is in sad shape these days- there’s a lot more to do in DHS currently. 

TCD

Good idea. 
but the main reason we are going, besides I’m using our APs Before they expire, is for food& wine. 
I know the concert series is gone.  It now are the food & wine booths!  Same amount as last year?

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Good idea. 
but the main reason we are going, besides I’m using our APs Before they expire, is for food& wine. 
I know the concert series is gone.  It now are the food & wine booths!  Same amount as last year?

Well your plan makes sense then. There are definitely less booths around than they typically have for Food and Wine, but there is a good selection, and a good mix of favorites with some new items. So far, Epcot seems to have attracted the lightest crowds, so that will be a good thing for you. It’s very strange how empty it feels.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well your plan makes sense then. There are definitely less booths around than they typically have for Food and Wine, but there is a good selection, and a good mix of favorites with some new items. So far, Epcot seems to have attracted the lightest crowds, so that will be a good thing for you. It’s very strange how empty it feels.

TCD

Well we are wanting till its cooler but I hope it stays empty