Fort Wilderness music and ambient sounds

I just discovered this but maybe the rest of you already know about it. This guy took the loop music for fort wilderness and he added ambient sounds such as birds, the bus is going by, one of the bus loops announcements, the marina horns, a little bit of arcade and then the hay ride going by. It makes me so happy and it brings the fort right to me. I only wish it was longer. By the way this video is for the audio of it. It's not going to have a video of the fort but a stationary, simple photo as you listen to the music.

12 hours ago, RoguePony said:
I just discovered this but maybe the rest of you already know about it. This guy took the loop music for fort wilderness and he added ambient sounds such as birds, the bus is going by, one of the bus loops announcements, the marina horns, a little bit of arcade and then the hay ride going by. It makes me so happy and it brings the fort right to me. I only wish it was longer. By the way this video is for the audio of it. It's not going to have a video of the fort but a stationary, simple photo as you listen to the music.

Love this - thanks for sharing!

14 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

You can also go to Subsonicradio.com, set up an account and then go to "Make Requests".  Click on "Background" and then search for Fort Wilderness.  You can request the Music loop from the Settlement.  It runs a little over an hour.  

Awesome!

I got this info from a music management guy that I met at the fort that happened to spend a month there a few years back.:

The music at the Fort comes from a bunch of albums. Several tunes from fiddler Aubrey Haynie are in the rotation. Punch his name in Amazon and you'll see the 3 albums he's put out. Another great album is from Strength In Numbers: The Telluride Sessions. Includes Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Mark O'Conner, Edgar Meyer. Another is Bela Fleck: The Bluegrass Sessions. There are various super old-timey tunes including a couple from Oswald Kirby, the late dobro player for Roy Acuff. I really wish they would make a CD available with the "Soundtrack of the Fort". I'm suggesting it to the manager there again. Maybe even complete with a few toots of the ferry boat in the background for good measure! Hope this helps. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:06 AM, djsamuel said:

You can also go to Subsonicradio.com, set up an account and then go to "Make Requests".  Click on "Background" and then search for Fort Wilderness.  You can request the Music loop from the Settlement.  It runs a little over an hour.  

One of the area loops for Port Orleans - Dixie Landings is pretty similar as well, as well as some of the Frontierland tracks if you are looking for more.