Partial hookup site recommendations

Can anyone recommend any good shady partial hookup sites?  I have an upcoming trip and am looking to put in site requests in order to get the type of site I want(if I can't get the specific site I request).  My main issues are a fair amount of shade, an close proximity to a comfort station and transportation.  Any advice would be most appreciated.

22 hours ago, brad81380 said:

Can anyone recommend any good shady partial hookup sites?  I have an upcoming trip and am looking to put in site requests in order to get the type of site I want(if I can't get the specific site I request).  My main issues are a fair amount of shade, an close proximity to a comfort station and transportation.  Any advice would be most appreciated.

It's hit or miss on the majority of the sites.

One may be shady in the morning but sunny by mid day or evening.

Most are shady at least part of the day.

36 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It's hit or miss on the majority of the sites.

One may be shady in the morning but sunny by mid day or evening.

Most are shady at least part of the day.

I agree with this, and will add that it also depends on the time of the year. The sun tracks in a much different path in the summer than it does in the winter, so the amount of shade varies by the season. A spot with good shade in the winter may not have as much shade in the summer and vice versa. 

Another twist to consider is that the 1500 loop remains closed since the original COVID-19 shutdown, with no indication as to when it will reopen. 

TCD

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree with this, and will add that it also depends on the time of the year. The sun tracks in a much different path in the summer than it does in the winter, so the amount of shade varies by the season. A spot with good shade in the winter may not have as much shade in the summer and vice versa. 

Another twist to consider is that the 1500 loop remains closed since the original COVID-19 shutdown, with no indication as to when it will reopen. 

TCD

So what loops are closed? 

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As ol last weekend, 1500-1900 were all closed. So the only partial hookup was 2000, and the only full hookup was 2100. I think some premium loops were closed as well-700, and 1100-1300, but I’m not sure about that. 

TCD

I’m guessing that all loops will be open getting closer to Halloween, unless they have a lot of cancellations.  

51 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think we will see more open by next weekend for Labor Day. 

TCD

Jason and Disney had sent me emails saying I had to answer if I was keeping my reservations or cancelling them.  The next visit we have scheduled is Halloween which we are keeping.

Only concern we have is we now have the T@B camper and we had booked a partial when we still had the PUP.

We've used the T@B twice at the Fort in partial sites with no blowback.

Just wondering if they will be an issue with the new Covid rules

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

Jason and Disney had sent me emails saying I had to answer if I was keeping my reservations or cancelling them.  The next visit we have scheduled is Halloween which we are keeping.

Only concern we have is we now have the T@B camper and we had booked a partial when we still had the PUP.

We've used the T@B twice at the Fort in partial sites with no blowback.

Just wondering if they will be an issue with the new Covid rules

T@Bs are legal in the Partials due to the smaller size of them. 

On 8/27/2020 at 9:18 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

As ol last weekend, 1500-1900 were all closed. So the only partial hookup was 2000, and the only full hookup was 2100. I think some premium loops were closed as well-700, and 1100-1300, but I’m not sure about that. 

TCD

Well I hope they open more soon we like the 1200. But I will just be happy to be there, no matter the loop.

15 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

T@Bs are legal in the Partials due to the smaller size of them. 

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Yeah, we stayed in both partials in the past, but was just wondering if they will be stricter if all the loops aren’t open.

Ha. Ha.  There are few trips when I haven’t seen full size travel trailers, Class Cs and Class As in the partial sites. Nothing is “illegal” in the incompetent Fort management’s eyes. 

TCD

37 minutes ago, greenbar said:

Forgive me but what is a “partial” hookup?

There are two loops at the Fort where the sites have electric, water, and cable connections for campers, but no sewer connection. Those are the partial hookup sites. According to the Disney reservation website, these sites are to be used for tent campers or campers with vans or pop-up trailers.  The loops are 1500 and 2000. 

TCD

36 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There are two loops at the Fort where the sites have electric, water, and cable connections for campers, but no sewer connection. Those are the partial hookup sites. According to the Disney reservation website, these sites are to be used for tent campers or campers with vans or pop-up trailers.  The loops are 1500 and 2000. 

TCD

To add to this if you are looking at the booking sites it no longer says Partial. It say Tent or Pop-Up Campsite as the category name now. 

3 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

To add to this if you are looking at the booking sites it no longer says Partial. It say Tent or Pop-Up Campsite as the category name now. 

Does that mean they're cracking down on who parks there?...... HA HA

12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Does that mean they're cracking down on who parks there?...... HA HA

Not to my knowledge. Just wanted to be sure if some one goes looking their eyes dont pass over the category looking for Partial. I don't believe that word even appears in the category description in anymore.