Sunday 8/30.... Nationwide Internet Outage Affects ROTR, My Disney Experience, and MORE!

I had read that there were issues with Internet service providers Sunday morning, didn't know that Disney was affected...

Posted on August 30, 2020

Due to a nationwide internet outage, it seems Disney’s Hollywood Studios is facing some serious technical difficulties. One of which has park guests taking the internet by storm to voice their frustrations.

According to a new report by Digital Trends, it seems select parts of the nation faced a massive internet outage this morning. These areas included Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland, Miami, and Orlando–home of the Walt Disney World parks and everyone’s favorite Star Wars-themed attraction Rise of the Resistance.

Due to this internet outage, park guests are reporting that not only was Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened 20-minutes later than its posted time (the theme park was supposed to open at 10am and WDW Stats tweeted the park was officially open at 10:20am), the park also faced difficulties with its virtual queue system for its Rise of the Resistance attraction — arguably, one of the major draws to the theme park at the current moment.

Got up at 7 to get to Hollywood Studios before opening and Rise of the Resistance reservation system is down 😫

— Brad D (@braddewhat) August 30, 2020

So far today:

• Rise of the Resistance virtual queue opened early at 9:24 am (nobody was able to join it, don't worry)

• My Plans on My Disney Experience not working

• Park Pass Reservation System not working

• Rise of the Resistance virtual queue didn't open at 10 am

— Drew the Disney Dude (@DrewDisneyDude) August 30, 2020

Of course we rush all the way here and Rise of the Resistance boarding groups aren’t working for anyone 🤡

— Em ️ (@nhlpoint) August 30, 2020

According to several recent tweets on Twitter, it seems the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance wasn’t the only internet-based system at Disney not working for some guests. Some have reported difficulties with the My Plans tab on the My Disney Experience app in addition to the Park Pass Reservation system. There are also some complaints floating around with an overall issue with the wifi (at all four theme parks).

In response to these technical difficulties, Disney released the following notification on their app: “Pardon The Inconvenience — Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We’re actively working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience. ”

As of 10:52 am this morning, it seems no park guests have been able to secure a boarding group for the intergalactic attraction. However, we can only assume Walt Disney World techs are hard at work to resolve this issue and hopefully get eager park guests a spot for the highly-immersive attraction based on a galaxy far, far away.