UPDATED 10/6/20 ‘This is sketchy:’ Video shows manhunt for trespasser on Disney World island

This has been on a lot of media outlets down here in FL.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/08/31/this-is-sketchy-video-shows-manhunt-for-trespasser-on-disney-world-island/

The video chronicles around a dozen deputies searching the deserted island for McGuire – on foot, on boat – and takes on an almost surreal quality.

Indeed, check out the cop who asks at the 4:30 mark, after entering a particularly foreboding building, "What is this, where they hatch baby dinosaurs?"

Well that was fun to watch and um, can somebody run out there real quick and get me one of those trash cans?  😎

Oh but...

Dear people who do illegal things,

If you're going to claim you don't know you're trespassing on private property when they catch you, you might not want to post YouTube videos that prove that you planned the whole thing ahead of time and knew exactly what you were doing while you're waiting for trial.  

:smileyhit:

Supposedly he had only 2300 YouTube subscribers when this was reported, it's probably a lot more now thanks to the news coverage. I'm assuming he's cashing in on the videos and thinks it's somehow worth it.  Although I don't know if he'll feel the same way if he ends up doing jail time.

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

oh and also this...
"his camouflage-colored van with a decal that read “Wildlife Field Biologist”."

:ROFLMAO-1:

I did a google map search to see where that neighborhood was located where they found the van.

If the correct results can back it's not that close to Bay Lake.

It would be interesting to see where he launched from and where they caught up to him.

22 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It would be interesting to see where he launched from and where they caught up to him.

Yeah that's the one thing that doesn't get mentioned. Although could also be that they know and aren't saying to discourage anyone else from trying it.

20 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yeah that's the one thing that doesn't get mentioned. Although could also be that they know and aren't saying to discourage anyone else from trying it.

If you look at google satellite view and go to the N end of bay lake it looks like a little dock is on the lake at the end of a dirt road Bay Ct.  It's up near the boat repair area but off to the right.

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for posting the link @Travisma  

This does clarify that the original report that said he used a Disney boat to access the island was false. 

I assume he’s out on bail. I kind of doubt that he will get jail time. 

TCD

He might, if they want to make an example of him to discourage others from copying his antics.

I've longingly looked at the various canals throughout the property thinking they would make for some nice kayaking!

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This does clarify that the original report that said he used a Disney boat to access the island was false. 

It clarifies a whole bunch of stuff. Turns out the initial reports only really gave his side of the events, which as we know now were also totally false.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

If you look at google satellite view and go to the N end of bay lake it looks like a little dock is on the lake at the end of a dirt road Bay Ct.  It's up near the boat repair area but off to the right.

That's got to be the spot, although how he'd have gotten in there without someone seeing him with a boat...

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The comments to the link in the first post mentioned the guy’s YouTube channel, and I found it:

He hasn’t gained many subscribers or views. It seems wrong that the guy is allowed to try and profit from his crime. 

TCD

Agreed. I'd have thought they could make him take it down at least pending resolution of the case, but seems not.

I am surprised he hasn't gained many subscribers or views.  Although when did the article @Travisma drop?  If it was recent it may still gain some traction.

8 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It clarifies a whole bunch of stuff. Turns out the initial reports only really gave his side of the events, which as we know now were also totally false.

That's got to be the spot, although how he'd have gotten in there without someone seeing him with a boat...

Agreed. I'd have thought they could make him take it down at least pending resolution of the case, but seems not.

I am surprised he hasn't gained many subscribers or views.  Although when did the article @Travisma drop?  If it was recent it may still gain some traction.

It looks like the Sheriff released their video to the media this past Monday 8/31.

At least that's when the story started re-appearing on line.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, Travisma said:

It looks like the Sheriff released their video to the media this past Monday 8/31.

At least that's when the story started re-appearing on line.

If that's the case, and this dude is till posting videos, I'd be willing to bet his YouTube following starts blowing up considerably.

15 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Looks like he's gained a couple hundred followers since the weekend.

I’m not going to follow him, but I did look at a couple of his videos. This guy is not all there. Dude dragged his little row boat for a mile through the woods to get to Bay Lake. And then the sheriff’s office confiscated it and he swam back in the dark the next night. Not a great plan bro. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I’m not going to follow him, but I did look at a couple of his videos. This guy is not all there. Dude dragged his little row boat for a mile through the woods to get to Bay Lake. And then the sheriff’s office confiscated it and he swam back in the dark the next night. Not a great plan bro. 

TCD

Yikes. That's a whole lot of bad decision making right there.

Discovery Island Trespasser Accepts Plea Deal, Banned From WDW For Life

Back in May, an individual made his way to Walt Disney World’s long-abandoned Discovery Island and was able to camp there for about a week before being caught, and has accepted a plea deal in his trespassing case 

What’s Happening:

• Fans of Walt Disney World trespassing cases may recall during the height of the COVID-19 lockdown when the parks of the Walt Disney World Resort were still closed, one individual was able to get to the long-closed Discovery Island in the middle of Bay Lake and camp out for several days before being caught.
  • Discovery Island was closed in April of 1999, and has remained untouched and in a state of disrepair ever since, becoming a prime destination for “urban explorers” who trespass into high-profile locations, usually for their blog or YouTube account. This wasn’t the first time someone made it successfully onto the island, but the first time an individual got caught spending numerous days on the island.
  • The individual, Richard McGuire, was arrested on April 30th after a manhunt that took place in the abandoned island animal park. Mcquire is reported as having called the island a “tropical paradise” after having stayed there camping for several days according to the police report.
  • Body camera footage from the officers who searched for him on the island with guns drawn and choppers circling overhead has also been released, with some of the sherriffs remarking that they felt like they were in Jurassic Park, and that it was the best game of hide and seek they’ve ever played.
  • Mcguire, who filmed the whole thing for his YouTube account, has reportedly accepted a plea deal that will see him paying a $100 fine, plus court and prosecution costs. He entered a plea of no contest and shortly, the trespassing charge will not show up as a conviction on his criminal record. The plea was entered on September 30th, and the case is now considered closed.
  • Richard McGuire has been banned for life from entering Walt Disney World property.
5 hours ago, Travisma said:

Mcguire, who filmed the whole thing for his YouTube account, has reportedly accepted a plea deal that will see him paying a $100 fine, plus court and prosecution costs.

Um... I would happily pay $100 to camp on Discovery Island for a week.  Just sayin...