MVMCP and Processional Cancelled

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

My guess is that if crowd levels stay below expectations (as reportedly they have been) they probably will.  

As they announce what will be available and not at WDW for the balance of this year, I am convinced that there will be no extension of park hours. The plan clearly is to limp along with the current reduced workforce avoiding all overtime and bringing back any more castmembers while charging full price for park admission and jacking up prices on food and merchandise. If they can finagle it where the guest revenue is 50% or more above normal while labor costs are about 30% of normal, the balance sheet won’t look so bad. It’s all a numbers game.

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As they announce what will be available and not at WDW for the balance of this year, I am convinced that there will be no extension of park hours. The plan clearly is to limp along with the current reduced workforce avoiding all overtime and bringing back any more castmembers while charging full price for park admission and jacking up prices on food and merchandise. If they can finagle it where the guest revenue is 50% or more above normal while labor costs are about 30% of normal, the balance sheet won’t look so bad. It’s all a numbers game.

TCD

Since it seems like they aren’t getting the “big spenders” Chapek was kissing up to, maybe he should make nice to the scummy Passholders and open up more reservations and start cranking out the discounts and giveaways for us.  Passholders may be disappointed with the missing shows etc, but at least we’ve paid for our passes and are more apt to keep coming back and spending some $.

12 hours ago, Travisma said:

Since it seems like they aren’t getting the “big spenders” Chapek was kissing up to, maybe he should make nice to the scummy Passholders and open up more reservations and start cranking out the discounts and giveaways for us.  Passholders may be disappointed with the missing shows etc, but at least we’ve paid for our passes and are more apt to keep coming back and spending some $.

That makes sense. 

But you aren’t thinking like a cutthroat CEO running a billion dollar company solely focused on the bottom line. They don’t give a hoot about passholders-they have our money. They want new money, and will continue to do all they can to make room for those potential new customers by creating barriers to keep passholders from taking up space in the parks. 

That’s the path they have chosen, and they aren’t going to veer from it. 

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That makes sense. 

But you aren’t thinking like a cutthroat CEO running a billion dollar company solely focused on the bottom line. They don’t give a hoot about passholders-they have our money. They want new money, and will continue to do all they can to make room for those potential new customers by creating barriers to keep passholders from taking up space in the parks. 

That’s the path they have chosen, and they aren’t going to veer from it. 

TCD

But at the moment based on media reports, their plan seems to be loosing steam.  People are not blinded by pixie dust as much, and aren’t willing to spend the big bucks to get half or less of an experience.  In the long run, until the parks are back to normal, it’s the pass holders that will keep the lights on.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

it’s the pass holders that will keep the lights on.

I agree. 

And Disney has chosen to squeeze the passholders by charging them the same price despite reduced hours, no entertainment, no parades, no park hopping, and limited access to the parks. 

I don’t see them backing off on any of that. Instead I think we will see them double down with more schemes to try to lure in new money. 

They are not thinking about the future. They’re thinking about this one quarter at a time. Those in charge are all still getting paid their bloated compensation while hanging castmembers and passholders out to dry.  The shareholders are happy for now, but this plan isn’t sustainable.

TCD

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree. 

And Disney has chosen to squeeze the passholders by charging them the same price despite reduced hours, no entertainment, no parades, no park hopping, and limited access to the parks. 

I don’t see them backing off on any of that. Instead I think we will see them double down with more schemes to try to lure in new money. 

They are not thinking about the future. They’re thinking about this one quarter at a time. Those in charge are all still getting paid their bloated compensation while hanging castmembers and passholders out to dry.  The shareholders are happy for now, but this plan isn’t sustainable.

TCD

Agree.  How are your girls doing?

On 9/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, Travisma said:

Agree.  How are your girls doing?

OK. One was lucky enough to work in a department where remote work is possible. Disney sent her a laptop, docking station and two monitors, and she has been working full time for about a month. The other just attained status at City Hall prior to the shutdown. They have called those castmembers back by seniority, and she’s near the end of that list unfortunately.  They share an apartment and have been good with their money, so they will be okay for a while. It’s very hard and stressful on the one still furloughed.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK. One was lucky enough to work in a department where remote work is possible. Disney sent her a laptop, docking station and two monitors, and she has been working full time for about a month. The other just attained status at City Hall prior to the shutdown. They have called those castmembers back by seniority, and she’s near the end of that list unfortunately.  They share an apartment and have been good with their money, so they will be okay for a while. It’s very hard and stressful on the one still furloughed.

TCD

Glad your girls are doing ok. I am always amazed that I see them when we are there. Although i don't think they recognize me anymore.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree. 

TCD

While I do agree a lot has been cut from the parks, even so with what a Fla resident pays for a AP it's still a bargain compared to what the rest of the country pays when they come for just a week.  To be honest if the parks would have reopened in the cooler months with those short wait times I would have already been there. But I won't do Disney in the summer anymore. But Fall is calling my name.

15 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Glad to hear they are doing semi ok.  Hope things get better for the furloughed one.