Tips and Tricks - Fort Wilderness Accessible Cabins

Hi, my family will be visiting Fort Wilderness for the first time in a cabin later this year. We have an accessible cabin reserved because of the need for a scooter. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for a first time cabin visit?  Do people decorate cabins in November for Christmas for example? Does the wifi work OK?  We hope to do some Facebook livestreams for my podcast from the cabins after the parks close, because they have shorter hours because of COVID. Thank you.

Wifi should be good , people do decorate the cabins. I haven't stayed in a cabin in 20 years though. Enjoy your trip. Disney is a good place to vacation if you have a disability. My dad spent 20 years in a wheelchair and we had a lot of fun together at Disney, especially Fortwilderness.

We stay in the cabins a few times a year. They’re great.  

As far as tips go, they provide just about all you need. If you’re driving- some things you might want to add to your supply list are two bottles of pump hand soap for the bathroom and kitchen sinks, some kind of cleaning wipes, and a whisk broom and dustpan (no broom is provided). 

In case you don’t know, the only oven is a microwave/convection combo, so plan any meals accordingly. 

The wifi is fine. If you have an Apple TV or fire stick, you can stream.

If you don’t have a golf cart arranged, you should look into renting one- then you can get around and look at all the decorations.

Have fun!

TCD

Another thing to remember, there is only 1 bathroom, and there are no nearby comfort stations (except if you are near the "quiet" pool.

So if you have family members that like long baths/showers, plan your potty visits ahead of time. :P

And if you like cooking and are a gadget person (or just like decent knives) you may want to pack your own.

They supply the basics.