Can you get to wilderness lodge by golf cart

I’m thinking this is a no, but would like to go to Geyser Point Bar & Grille.  This will be our first s the stay in years.   We will be in the cabins for the first time.  I’m wheelchair bound these days so was kinda hoping that we could still get there by golf cart.  Rather than trying to boat,bus, or drive 

No, the yellow bus travels along the full hookup sites, past the far side of the Meadows Trading Post, past some premium and preferred loops and ending at the settlement.  Just take any bus to the Settlement and wait for the Yellow Bus to come in saying the Settlement.  Ask the bus driver if he is heading to the Lodge from there.  If the bus came from the Lodge, it will be heading to the outpost first.  You can ride it and then head over to the Lodge or you can wait for the next Yellow bus which should be heading straight over to the Lodge since it will be coming from the Outpost.

32 minutes ago, Live4FW said:

Good to hear from you Andrew.  We are going for a quick weekend first weekend in October.  Matt lives in Orlando and has annual passes and we are taking advantage of his cabin discount.

Awesome. We’ve had a couple of cabin visits this year. Even with a discount, they’re expensive. But they are very nice, and a great way to visit and still be able to avoid crowds. 

You definitely should make the effort to get to Geyser Point, but don’t miss Trails End for takeout- they let you eat your meal inside the restaurant, which makes for a very nice atmosphere.

TCD

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

, but don’t miss Trails End for takeout- they let you eat your meal inside the restaurant, which makes for a very nice atmosphere.

TCD

So how was that eating inside? My wife isn't really wanting to eat inside yet we have figured out the whole trip where we won't eat inside. (Although with my job I am sure I have been in worse situations) Was there a lot of people eating inside?

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

So how was that eating inside? My wife isn't really wanting to eat inside yet we have figured out the whole trip where we won't eat inside. (Although with my job I am sure I have been in worse situations) Was there a lot of people eating inside?

At P&J's it is really nice.  Plenty of room to come in and choose a table away from others.  They also do a great job cleaning after people leave.  At the other restaurants, we found the seating to also be very well done.  At the Rose and Crown we were well away from other people.  Our server there told us that an early lunch at Epcot is empty, while it gets busier as the afternoon wears on.  In all case, we felt comfortable.

I posted a trip report in the Trip Reports section of the site with photos from the Rose and Crown and what it was like.

14 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

This photo shows the inside line to order from P&J’s.  This was from an earlier trip, as they have since added mobile ordering:

EAF3ED06_D7A8_49A4_8711_7326A2FAFF3F.jpe

Here’s a look at the seating area- they’ve removed more than half the tables- we sat downstairs by the buffalo head and were the only guests seated down there:

762D6652_0D43_4670_881B_A9429BE0F8EE.jpe

Note the guest walking around with no mask. That’s a no-no, but there’s no staff around to tell guests what to do. Generally, it seemed like a pretty safe setup, but that could change as it gets more crowded and more people ignore the rules. 

TCD

54 minutes ago, rjpete said:

There is no solid declaration on masks or no masks. Now every day it is up for grabs it seems.

53 minutes ago, rjpete said:

I always carry around a mask in my pocket, just in case.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to, but the mask rules at Disney are clear with regard to eating, drinking, and walking around. 

TCD

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I’m not sure what you’re referring to, but the mask rules at Disney are clear with regard to eating, drinking, and walking around. 

TCD

I just saw yesterday they threw a guy out of the parks because he refused to wear a mask.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, rjpete said:

Once again, rules mater more than people and their rights to their freedom.

I am not a big fan of masks..... But... It is Disney's property and Disney's right.. Anyone who does not want to follow Disney's rules should stay home. Your rights stop at the property line.

3 minutes ago, rjpete said:

So be it!

Don't get me wrong, I feel many of the new rules are plain nonsense. Why do we have to wear masks on a golf cart? If Golden Corral came up with a way to reopen then why not Trail's End?

I should add, as soon as you go into the pool area I guess Covid can't swim because you can take your mask off even if you are not going in the pool.