Yehaa Bob Jackson Fired From Walt Disney World After 23 Years at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort

I think this was worthy of it's own post...

For 23 years, Yehaa Bob Jackson rocked the roost with wacky piano playing and singing at the River Roost Lounge in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. Today, he announced that he will not be returning to his role.

yehaa-bob-retirement-announcement-9252391

A beloved staple at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, it is saddening to hear of his departure. This news comes shortly after the announcement that The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will also not be returning to the their resort.

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

I think this was worthy of it's own post...

For 23 years, Yehaa Bob Jackson rocked the roost with wacky piano playing and singing at the River Roost Lounge in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. Today, he announced that he will not be returning to his role.

yehaa-bob-retirement-announcement-9252391

A beloved staple at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, it is saddening to hear of his departure. This news comes shortly after the announcement that The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will also not be returning to the their resort.

Instead of cutting shows, employees, etc. why doesn’t disney cut their prices while they are giving us a sub-par experience. 

My neighbor had heard she is in the laid off list.  30 plus years with WDW!  She will lose her silver pass and insurance.  Maybe she will be hired back.  I hope if people are hired back they will receive their seniority they have already earned.  The kick in the gut for her is a man hired many years after she was, trained by her did not get laid off.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

My neighbor had heard she is in the laid off list.  30 plus years with WDW!  She will lose her silver pass and insurance.  Maybe she will be hired back.  I hope if people are hired back they will receive their seniority they have already earned.  The kick in the gut for her is a man hired many years after she was, trained by her did not get laid off.

Not  surprising  he probably makes less money then her and she did such a good job with training he can do the job.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Not  surprising  he probably makes less money then her and she did such a good job with training he can do the job.

I have learned he is not that good at the job, the other cast members tried to teach him but .... making less money gets my vote.