Newsom won't let DL open anytime soon.

Update..From YAHOO

DL chaos continues.

We absolutely reject the suggestion that reopening the Disneyland Resort is incompatible with a ‘health-first’ approach,” Disney Parks Chief Medical Officer Pamela Hymel said in a statement. “The fact is, that since March we have taken a robust science-based approach to responsibly reopening our parks and resorts across the globe.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/disneyland-reopening-chaos-drags-152420920.html

On 10/8/2020 at 9:12 AM, djsamuel said:

It is mind boggling.

Of course it's mind boggling... all of this, country wide, is mind boggling.   The damage done by shutting down our country is irreparable.  From businesses that took generations to build, but whose doors have now closed permanently, loved ones who have died alone in hospitals because family was not let in to advocate for them, loved ones who will die because they were either too afraid to see the doctor or their exam/procedure was deemed non-essential (case in point, by sister-in-law had to wait three months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer to have the tumor removed, because it was "non-essential"), to the substantial increase in depression and suicide rates, increase in addictions and domestic abuse.... the list just goes on and on.  Not to mention, the fear that has been driven down the throats of so many Americans.... even though the CDC admitted that tainted tests were sent out (resulting in false positives).  Even though the CDC states that a test is not necessary to diagnosis SARS-CoV-2, but that symptoms alone could be used to make a diagnosis... symptoms that are so wide spread that every viral infection on the books has at least one of the symptoms used to substantiate a covid diagnosis.  Even though the CDC director stated that hospitals had monetary incentives for reporting hospital admissions and deaths as covid (making the connection between symptomatic diagnoses and reported admissions and/or deaths very easy to see).  Even though the CDC has reported that only 6% of the "covid deaths" were deaths from the virus, the remaining 94% died with covid, not from covid.   Even though the CDC has come out to say that the overwhelming majority of the populations has a 99.9% recovery rate should they contract the virus and that those who are at risk are in a demographic of ages 70 and older.  A demographic that is retired as has the flexibility to stay at home and isolate, if they so choose.  

Mind boggling does not begin to define what some in our country have been forced to do and what others have so quickly just handed over.

6 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Of course it's mind boggling... all of this, country wide, is mind boggling.   The damage done by shutting down our country is irreparable.  From businesses that took generations to build, but whose doors have now closed permanently, loved ones who have died alone in hospitals because family was not let in to advocate for them, loved ones who will die because they were either too afraid to see the doctor or their exam/procedure was deemed non-essential (case in point, by sister-in-law had to wait three months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer to have the tumor removed, because it was "non-essential"), to the substantial increase in depression and suicide rates, increase in addictions and domestic abuse.... the list just goes on and on.  Not to mention, the fear that has been driven down the throats of so many Americans.... even though the CDC admitted that tainted tests were sent out (resulting in false positives).  Even though the CDC states that a test is not necessary to diagnosis SARS-CoV-2, but that symptoms alone could be used to make a diagnosis... symptoms that are so wide spread that every viral infection on the books has at least one of the symptoms used to substantiate a covid diagnosis.  Even though the CDC director stated that hospitals had monetary incentives for reporting hospital admissions and deaths as covid (making the connection between symptomatic diagnoses and reported admissions and/or deaths very easy to see).  Even though the CDC has reported that only 6% of the "covid deaths" were deaths from the virus, the remaining 94% died with covid, not from covid.   Even though the CDC has come out to say that the overwhelming majority of the populations has a 99.9% recovery rate should they contract the virus and that those who are at risk are in a demographic of ages 70 and older.  A demographic that is retired as has the flexibility to stay at home and isolate, if they so choose.  

Mind boggling does not begin to define what some in country have been forced to do and what others have so quickly just handed over.

I blame covid 19 for killing my dad. Even though he tested  negative for it. We were unable to see the bad care he was getting in a nursing home that he went in to for 30 days of physical therapy. He got a bed sore that started tunneling into him and since he was fighting prostate cancer there was nothing they could do for him. He passed away at the end of June and I don't think my mom will ever be the same. They had just had there 50th wedding anniversary in March.  There was supposed to be a big party, but due to covid it was postponed. Thank goodness my daughter made them a cake. 

5 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I blame covid 19 for killing my dad. Even though he tested  negative for it. We were unable to see the bad care he was getting in a nursing home that he went in to for 30 days of physical therapy. He got a bed sore that started tunneling into him and since he was fighting prostate cancer there was nothing they could do for him. He passed away at the end of June and I don't think my mom will ever be the same. They had just had there 50th wedding anniversary in March.  There was supposed to be a big party, but due to covid it was postponed. Thank goodness my daughter made them a cake. 

Michael I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. I know he was a fighter. 

TCD

48 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Sorry for your loss...

3 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Oh Micheal... I am heartbroken for you.  I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I wish I had greater words.  I am so sorry.

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

Sorry for your loss...

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh Micheal... I am heartbroken for you.  I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I wish I had greater words.  I am so sorry.

Thank you for the kind words. This has just been a hard year for everyone in one way or another. But no matter how bad things are, it could always be worse.  Just remember the blessings you have.

17 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

17 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I am so sorry that your family has suffered this loss.  My prayers are with you, your family and especially your Mom.....

On 10/10/2020 at 8:42 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Mind boggling does not begin to define what some in country have been forced to do and what others have so quickly just handed over.

Well-said.  The manner in which this virus has been used to stop the forward momentum of our country is reprehensible and terrifying.